old virginia smoke house
morons

Vinton, VA

#44 Feb 20, 2013
Usually when someone is quiet and shy they are observing everything trying to take it all in so with that being said the owner must have observed and noticed that your a Dumbass cause I've never had watered down sauce or tasteless sides there the meat has always been good ima repeat customer there and ill always go back seems like people on here always wanna bash someone for being good at something go to north carolina and try bbq there its exactly how they serve it get an education before you make an ass of yourself I forgot though you can't fix stupid
STOP

Roanoke, VA

#45 Feb 23, 2013
Its hard to be humble wrote:
Have never personaly eaten at either place, so after seeing and hearing things, looks like I made the right choice to not.
That is what is wrong with People, they are always going by what others say. I would just try it out for your self and see if you like it. Everyone has bad days at every job. I have never eaten at the place either but still going to give it a chance.
bacon biscuit

Newport, VA

#46 Feb 23, 2013
Breakfast is really good, same ladies make it as they did when it was the New River Deli, The Smokehouse does lunch and dinner, haven't tried that yet.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47 Feb 23, 2013
yea_ right wrote:
mom or dad right?
Do you even have a life? Why would it be family? I do know the family and they do eat there and enjoy it. Why attack family? Yeah, you need a real life.

Location hidden

#48 Feb 23, 2013
What Happened wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you didn't read, the food is crap. I could over look the people and the rude owner if the food was even half way decent, but for what they charge you can't even get moist meat and fresh sides. They need to learn the art before they start faking dry tastless meat by adding watered down sauce on the side with bland tastless side and calling it southern anything except garbage.
Sounds like you might be one of the employees they fired!

Location hidden

#50 Feb 26, 2013
STOP in and say hello wrote:
<quoted text> Bears Den in Pearisburg does a breakfast Buffet for $ 7.95. All you can eat. Pancakes, eggs cooked to order, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, home made fried potatoes, lunch and breakfast casserole, The best breakfast burrito , fried chicken.. Few other things. Stop in and say hello.. Our Den is your Den.:) If you like it spicy try some of our Green Chili.
World of difference between breakfast and dinner......

Location hidden

#51 Feb 26, 2013
Its hard to be humble wrote:
Have never personaly eaten at either place, so after seeing and hearing things, looks like I made the right choice to not.
That is too bad. Most of these comments come from ex-employees that were fired.
Interested in trying

Charles City, VA

#52 Feb 26, 2013
Never ate there but think I will soon..
haha

Newport, VA

#53 Feb 27, 2013
i am not an ex employer, and i had been going for breakfast almost every day, but now will on go in there on certain days. also use to enjoy going for lunch every now and then, but now you go in there for lunch and i guess it;s the waitress stands thee at the corner of the counter. i like going in giving my order to the girl behind the counter, not her standing there like she's wanting a tip or something. if they need a waitress then put her at the tables not standing there like a vulture.
Sorry

Roanoke, VA

#54 Feb 27, 2013
haha wrote:
i am not an ex employer, and i had been going for breakfast almost every day, but now will on go in there on certain days. also use to enjoy going for lunch every now and then, but now you go in there for lunch and i guess it;s the waitress stands thee at the corner of the counter. i like going in giving my order to the girl behind the counter, not her standing there like she's wanting a tip or something. if they need a waitress then put her at the tables not standing there like a vulture.
If your talking about the Bear's Den, Please tell me who is not doing there job, So i can have a little talk with them. Thank you for your business and will make sure you get the service you deserve. That is wrong and we will fix it. Thank you the Bear's Den
haha

Newport, VA

#55 Feb 27, 2013
it;s about old virginia smokehouse
Sorry

Roanoke, VA

#56 Feb 28, 2013
haha wrote:
it;s about old virginia smokehouse
Oh okay, thank you. Have a wonderful day :)
Cara

Princeton, WV

#57 Mar 4, 2013
Acually The Old Viginia SmokeHouse Is A Great Place To Eat(: The Food Is Always Good And The Cook Charlie Is A AMAZING Cook.
Connie Lingus

Washington, DC

#58 Mar 4, 2013
Cara wrote:
Acually The Old Viginia SmokeHouse Is A Great Place To Eat(: The Food Is Always Good And The Cook Charlie Is A AMAZING Cook.
Yes, the food is great. I think that maybe the person claiming to be the owner of bears den is starting this crap.
Cara

Princeton, WV

#59 Mar 4, 2013
Idk About That.
not mee

Newport, VA

#60 Mar 4, 2013
Is it better since they moved?
Spring

Roanoke, VA

#61 Mar 8, 2013
Connie Lingus wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the food is great. I think that maybe the person claiming to be the owner of bears den is starting this crap.
@Connie, This is so stupid that you would even come up with that thought. This is the new owner of the bears den and why in the heck would I start stuff about another local restaurant that has even moved and would not hurt my Business. I don't know who is starting this but it is not me or anyone I know. I think it is rude and wrong people don't give a place a chance, just by what they read on this so called site. I was planning on trying the Smokehouse my self, because I heard good things about the place as well. YOUR SILLY!!!!
Connie Lingus

Washington, DC

#62 Mar 8, 2013
Spring wrote:
<quoted text> @Connie, This is so stupid that you would even come up with that thought. This is the new owner of the bears den and why in the heck would I start stuff about another local restaurant that has even moved and would not hurt my Business. I don't know who is starting this but it is not me or anyone I know. I think it is rude and wrong people don't give a place a chance, just by what they read on this so called site. I was planning on trying the Smokehouse my self, because I heard good things about the place as well. YOUR SILLY!!!!
You are about the third person to claim ownership of the bears den. Posts keep popping up that seem to be advertising the place. I've remarked about this, and someone claiming to be the owner scolded me saying "all advertising is good advertising" on something along that line. I have not seen any posts from anyone claiming to be an owner of the smokehouse. It just appears to be very low-class to advertise a business on a gossip website. People come here to talk trash about their neighbors and post lies about their community. Do you really want your business place to be connected with this?
anal inguz

Newport, VA

#63 Mar 8, 2013
STOP wrote:
<quoted text> That is what is wrong with People, they are always going by what others say. I would just try it out for your self and see if you like it. Everyone has bad days at every job. I have never eaten at the place either but still going to give it a chance.
I see topix as a poor mans angies list, reviews without paying for them
me do

Princeton, WV

#64 Mar 8, 2013
Connie Lingus wrote:
<quoted text>You are about the third person to claim ownership of the bears den. Posts keep popping up that seem to be advertising the place. I've remarked about this, and someone claiming to be the owner scolded me saying "all advertising is good advertising" on something along that line. I have not seen any posts from anyone claiming to be an owner of the smokehouse. It just appears to be very low-class to advertise a business on a gossip website. People come here to talk trash about their neighbors and post lies about their community. Do you really want your business place to be connected with this?
The Bears Den is closed again. Cannot afford to keep the doors open. So stop posting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Piece of shit 5 hr Feel sorry for her 1
New best friend every week 13 hr Growup 1
David Stump 21 hr Bryan 11
Sheena walker (Sep '14) 22 hr Kelsie 19
Jennifer M. or W., whatever you want to be today Tue Ismellbs 1
Child abuse video please share so we can lock t... (Dec '14) Tue Itsme 33
Jimmy justice (Oct '15) Tue nom nom nom 7

Rich Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance