old virginia smoke house

Posted in the Rich Creek Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
cant believe it

Lewisburg, WV

#1 Jun 10, 2012
i'll never eat there again, i've eaten there 3 times, once for luch and twice for dinner, the dinners where bad, the service was terrible, no silverwear, had to wait almost 15min for refill,(while the waitress stood at the bar and talked to her friends) they didn't have brisket, stew, or chicken, niether time i was there fore dinner!
lunch was just as bad, service was alot better, my pork sandwhich was cold, and my fries were unseasoned, my friend had burger that was over cooked, bright spot the corn nuggets were awsome,we got silverwear, and didnt have to wait for refills,
down side a pork sandwhich with french fries, a burger with fries both of which were uneatable, and 2 drinks cost almost $20.00 never again
you too

Lewisburg, WV

#2 Jun 11, 2012
got ribs to take home my friends told me how good they where, drove all the way to pearisburg from blacksburg the first time they didn't have any ribs, and they didn't have any chicken, so i setteled for a bbq pork sandwhich which was tastless accept for the sauce, what little i recieved of it,
the second time i called ahead, to make sure they had ribs they did.$22dollars and some change just for the ribs. smell all the way home couldn't wait. what a disappointment, half of the whole rack was so dry dry couldn't eat it, they had of known they were like that when they gave them to me, called them told them about it they wanted me to bring back the dry portion so they coul replace it.
not eaten there since
lucky you

Lewisburg, WV

#3 Jun 11, 2012
didn't even have soda pop when i was there. water, diet dr pep,tea.
the food was good, but a bbq joint without soda pop, for real. the big guy with the bandana was funny, and the waitress wow great,
but no soda your joking right, for people reading this and thinking a breakdown could happen to anyone, boils down to this " the owners were cheap, didn't have the money to pay for it" good buisness or bad you have to have soda
Flower Child

Blacksburg, VA

#4 Jun 11, 2012
I got some pork bbq when he was on the side of the road (next to McKenize's) and it was just a pint of SUPER DRY pork roast - with about 3 tablespoons of vinegar (bbq sauce) in a plastic container. This was well over $12 if I remember correctly. From now on, we go to Grant's and pick up "Spud's bbq" in the pint container -$4.99 and you CANNOT go wrong!
best

Princeton, WV

#5 Jun 11, 2012
The best bbq place around is Taste of Memphis in Princeton WV. Prices are reasonable and there isn't a better tasting bbq around
Me Also

Princeton, WV

#6 Jun 11, 2012
All I heard was how great the food when they were on the side of the road, tired it, because hubby loves ribs and barbecue, it was awful, that is one of the reasons we have never eaten at the restaurant. I buy the ribs at foodlion, they are really good, haven't tired grants yet, but after reading they have good ones.
I have not ate there

Melville, NY

#7 Jun 11, 2012
I have not ate there
I have not ate there

Melville, NY

#8 Jun 11, 2012
I have heard that "Due South" is good.
Not

Princeton, WV

#9 Jun 11, 2012
I heard it was awesome and they gave you plenty for the money. Not! Me the wife got two plates when they were set up at (I think it's called) Lightcos on the right as you go into Narz from Pburg. They have had to special order those tiny buns. Ordered a full meal and it was just enough to make me hungry. And it wasn't all that great either. Waaaaaay to expensive for what I got.
Never again

Princeton, WV

#10 Jun 12, 2012
Ate there once....never again. Service was terrible. Floors were gross. Food made me sick
Mee

Princeton, WV

#11 Jun 12, 2012
Never again wrote:
Ate there once....never again. Service was terrible. Floors were gross. Food made me sick
Well, if the floors are nasty, why am I not surprised. Think a few good reviews went to their head, not sure where they would have gotten one, but I will never eat it again, agree overpriced and just plain bad food.
Ihatethisearth

Princeton, WV

#12 Jun 12, 2012
Soda Pop?? Welcome to the 80's...
lucky you wrote:
didn't even have soda pop when i was there. water, diet dr pep,tea.
the food was good, but a bbq joint without soda pop, for real. the big guy with the bandana was funny, and the waitress wow great,
but no soda your joking right, for people reading this and thinking a breakdown could happen to anyone, boils down to this " the owners were cheap, didn't have the money to pay for it" good buisness or bad you have to have soda
info

Charleston, WV

#13 Jun 12, 2012
due south bbq in cburg next to star light drive in has some of the best bbq n ribs around i would recommend it to n e one
mm mmm good

Newport, VA

#14 Jun 17, 2012
Log Cabin BBQ in Bburg is really good
Rusty Johnston

Coatesville, PA

#15 Sep 13, 2012
Wonderfull great taste great sauce

Since: Sep 12

Princeton, WV

#16 Sep 13, 2012
I have to say I am surprised at the comments on here. I have made several trips home (here) since moving away, and after I heard of this place had to try it. It was absolutely the best bbq and ribs I had ever had. The sauces are homemade and bottled for the the owner/maker. Have never been disappointed in the restaurant appearance, except for the dirty looking big dude doing the cooking. Dirty hair (under bandana), dirty shirt, dirty nails, etc. Despite that (didn't see him last time I was there), I will eat there every chance I get to come in.
j-bo

Rich Creek, VA

#17 Sep 15, 2012
Surprised by this tread. This place has the best bbq we've ever had. Great sides as well.

Princeton, WV

#18 Sep 15, 2012
Where have these people been eating? It's not been at the Old Virginia Smokehouse. I eat there 2 or 3 times a month. It's the best bbq around. Everything about it is good. Great ribs, brisket and chicken. I love going on the weekends when he has his special all u can eat on the pork. The sides are also wonderful. How many people have tried the Smokehouse Burger? Large hamburger patty topped off with the pork. Huge samdwich with a wonderful taste and price. That's a meal in itself. Everyone who reads this post needs to judge theirselves and go try it 1 time then make your post. I quarantee it will be worth it. A wonderful surprise was the last few times they got rid of that cook they had. The guy was a decent cook but rude and dressed like a slob. The new cook is a great guy and great cook. I beleive that maybe most of these posts were made by friends of the last cook and just don't like that he's not there anymore. If that is the way it is just say that and don't critize excellant food.
Interested

Hansford, WV

#19 Sep 16, 2012
Heard alot about this place, and I have bought from the truck when its been around town. Food was okay to good, but still felt I paid about $2 too much for a to go meal box for one person. Would love to visit the restaurant on a buffett sunday, but that window price just keeps me away. Why does Sunday buffet have to be 12.99 a person why not 9-10, & BBQ sandwich plater $6 Good prices with quality food, will bring your business.. FYI Not everyone wants to eat ribs. The more bodies you can get in there the more money you will make, quit chasing them away with over pricing and. You had a great thing going, quit pricing yourself out of the working folks budgets. I realize you have expenses to cover, but outpricing yourself in a bad ecomony in a working mans town, and not being open half the time is just putting the hurt on you guys.

Princeton, WV

#20 Sep 30, 2012
This is for Interested in Charleston WV. Where in this area can you find a buffet on a weekend for 9-10 dollars?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Melissa Reed? 3 hr Virginia Mountains 4
Giles high football (Aug '13) 3 hr pathetic 49
Drug Dealers (Aug '16) 16 hr Real Truth 6
Walmart blonde 17 hr Lookin 11
What has been used more than google??? (Mar '17) 23 hr Queenie 12
Hook up 23 hr Know 4
I'm confused!!!! Mon Toasted oats 8

Rich Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance