New Rich Creek police officer to take...

New Rich Creek police officer to take over as chief

There are 25 comments on the WSLS-TV Roanoke story from Sep 30, 2009, titled New Rich Creek police officer to take over as chief. In it, WSLS-TV Roanoke reports that:

The town of Rich Creek hires a new police officer who will eventually transition into the town's newest police chief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSLS-TV Roanoke.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
clear view

Oakvale, WV

#1 Oct 5, 2009
lets see how long it takes roger jones to screw this guy out of his job like he did the last cop.
amazing

Glen Lyn, VA

#2 Oct 6, 2009
ah now we know why a certain someone doesn't like roger. Because of firing the previous cop... You need to know the facts of the situation before slinging mud on here. Maybe if the previous guy would have done his job correctly, he'd still be here.........

roger, if you read this, keep up the GREAT WORK! Ignore this crap, they don't have a clue what's going on.
clear view

Oakvale, WV

#3 Oct 6, 2009
lets hear the facts. i know for a fact that skip did a good job for rich creek because I seen and talked to him several times myself. Perhaps if roger would start overseeing the place instead of trying to play cop himself, skip could have done his job. Skip, you're better off buddy. You dont need slinky-creek or any of their games.
amazing

Glen Lyn, VA

#4 Oct 6, 2009
probably woulda helped if he followed a proper work schedule???

Since: Oct 09

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2009
amazing wrote:
probably woulda helped if he followed a proper work schedule???
its the town of Rich Creek of what, 3 or 400 citizens. What is a proper work schedule when you are the only officer
it is wat it is

Princeton, WV

#6 Oct 10, 2009
a proper work schedule would be to show up for at least one of the 3 days you were scheduled to work
Information

Ann Arbor, MI

#7 Oct 10, 2009
they are a few that run rich creek if they don't like you look out, you are history if you think not ask the ex-cop that was there for years

Since: Oct 09

Lecanto, FL

#8 Oct 10, 2009
it is wat it is wrote:
a proper work schedule would be to show up for at least one of the 3 days you were scheduled to work
and who do you think made the schedule? THE POLICE CHIEF!! the schedule is always subject to change at the chiefs discretion. I have an idea, why dont Roger go to police acadamy and be the chief since he knows so much about it, next joke
u r an idiot

Princeton, WV

#9 Oct 10, 2009
why dont you. from my understanding he was never called to let anyone know he wasnt coming in. The town managers always aprove the work schedule for all departments. He had his probationary period extended because he wouldnt work when he scheduled. He simply abandoned his post

Since: Oct 09

United States

#10 Oct 11, 2009
u r an idiot wrote:
why dont you. from my understanding he was never called to let anyone know he wasnt coming in. The town managers always aprove the work schedule for all departments. He had his probationary period extended because he wouldnt work when he scheduled. He simply abandoned his post
because Rich Creek dont pay crap. Thats why we are never going to have a good officer and Town managers DO NOT approve the police work schedule. He has no idea when the best times for police officers need to be out ie...holidays, weekends, days and also has to include days for J & D COurt, General District Court, Circuit Court, Grand Jury. Im not saying Roger is a bad guy, he just needs to stay out of the police dept.'s business. Im sre he knows what he is talking about when it comes to public works, but not police.
u r an idiot

Princeton, WV

#11 Oct 11, 2009
so you are saying a cop shouldnt work on a Holiday????
amazing

Glen Lyn, VA

#12 Oct 11, 2009
The town manager IS the police chief's boss! He doesn't set the schedule, BUT the schedule is turned in to him. If the schedule is repeatedly not followed, then you have a problem. Pay is irrelevent. He was hired and offered the job at a set figure, he agreed to that figure, do your job, SHOW UP AT WORK WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO! Its pretty simple!

Since: Oct 09

United States

#13 Oct 19, 2009
u r an idiot wrote:
so you are saying a cop shouldnt work on a Holiday????
No thats not what Im saying, nm, we are doing nothing more than beating a dead horse into the ground, we can do this all day, we bth have our opinions and thats it. Good day
sleepy

Beckley, WV

#14 Nov 8, 2009
good luck to ayone that takes this thankless job
One who knows

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#15 Dec 3, 2009
Roger likes to stick his nose in every ones business in Rich Creek like telling people not to buy a house because you can not get loans on them, which is not true. He knows about as much about that as he does about being a cop! He needs to do his job and keep his mouth shut.. He thinks because he works for the town he can do or say what ever he wants one of these days it is going to bite him in the butt...
fry

Princeton, WV

#16 Dec 3, 2009
To "One Who Knows", it sounds like you know EXACTLY how Roger Jones is. I agree 100%. He needs a pair of pants that fit around his waist instead of his knees HA HA. What a slob.
I hate

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2009
Well all I have to say about this police thing going on is every one need to shut the fuck up about skip he is a really good guy and that big mayor needs to get a life about this shit how wrong is that doing your kin like you did we all in the family knows that you are the one behind all of this not letting skip getting his job back but oh my he does not want it back now you all can stick it up your ass And this thing about the big Darlene why don't you step up and let Larry know that Adam is not his child you know that it is not he had that surgey done where he could not have no more kids and then you come up that way oh my it might be the owner of the foodland or might be the RC guys why don't you tell every one in the family ha ha the joke is on you big girl now what
babycakes

Lerona, WV

#18 Apr 6, 2010
amazing wrote:
probably woulda helped if he followed a proper work schedule???
He did , he just pulled over someones family member, who happend to be doing illegal things, and oh well oops theres his job, so yeah... he was a wonderful cop, but its ok he can do better than that little town!
tinat

Lubbock, TX

#19 Apr 15, 2010
Okay, have to make a comment here, I like Skip and I like Roger Jones. They are both great guys. But they both work for the Town Council. Schedules are set and should be kept. And, yes Roger Jones needs to know the schedules for all depts. If Skip was off, the sheriff's office or Glen Lyn's officer would cover for him, no job unless you are self employed is a hit and miss job. Yes, some people use their positions to hurt others and that shouldn't be done either. You can't always judge a book by its cover, and some will surprise you. And, as for bringing personal information on others in on something like this well; that is just tasteless, you need to grow up. We all live in glass houses.
lt dan

Princeton, WV

#20 Apr 17, 2010
TINAT: What exactly do you know about a law-enforcement schedule?? Furthermore, what do you know about a one-man law-enforcement agency and it's operations within surrounding jurisdictions? Do you have any training or experience to back up your comment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brabdon miller 2 hr Lookin 1
Cam 11 hr Lol 1
Destiny marrix 21 hr Lol 4
Juanita Carter (Oct '16) Sun Load be hold smfh 19
is there really a orgy group here? (Mar '16) Sat young fm 78six877... 19
Chinquapin tree and or seeds/nuts Sep 22 New river valley 1
Rodney Persinger (Dec '16) Sep 21 Yea you 4

Rich Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rich Creek Mortgages