Movie night for the kiddos,

Movie night for the kiddos,

Posted in the Rich Creek Forum

Wandering

Waynesboro, VA

#1 Apr 1, 2013
I was thinking what there is for kids to do around here. Who would support the idea of having a weekly movie night? Maybe get some local businesses to donate snacks and stuff. And maybe see if the town of rich creek could allow this at the community center. This would work good for parents that may want to go out to dinner etc without the kids. Even if we could get parents to give small donations to help pay for the equipment and the center.
Great idea

Aylett, VA

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Sounds like a good idea there isn't alot around for the kids to do for entertainment and fun..
Interesting thought

Oakvale, WV

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Where I used to live the city had a free theater. Every Friday they would play a different movie. They were older movies but were appropriate for all ages. It was free to get in and you paid very little for popcorn, candy and snacks. It would be nice to have something like that in our area.
Wandering

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Apr 2, 2013
I was thinking the same thing, I have three kids of my own and there is nothing for them to do. And you can't really afford to take them to the theatres to see a movie.
Agree

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Apr 2, 2013
That is a brilliant idea. There are several places big enough to hold it. The church at glen lyn has a huge projector in the gym, that would create great community relations for the church and give the community something to do.
Wandering

Moneta, VA

#6 Apr 2, 2013
I wander how much they would charge to use their facilities?
Agree

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Apr 2, 2013
They are really good people, I would guess if somebody responsible would talk to them and take on cleaning up, probably next to nothing. I cannot speak for the elders though, but it would be a great place and a safe place for kids.
Agree

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Apr 2, 2013
And I would like to thank whoever started this thread. It is refreshing to see a nice community post instead of fussing/gossip.
Wandering

Moneta, VA

#9 Apr 2, 2013
I think I'll call them tomorrow and see if this would be of interest to them. Thanks for the support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal hilton 7 hr For your info 6
BBT terminates one n who to follow... Mon ACE 15
Shena Rainwater (Jul '16) Sat Prince Charming 19
Rob holston Sat Tobad 2
Young girl at iga (Nov '15) Jun 24 Druggys 6
Sierra Clemons Jun 22 Unknown 1
Junior Donathan (Oct '10) Jun 21 Nathan 217

Rich Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance