Used to live in Rice, VA & Looking fo...

Used to live in Rice, VA & Looking for old friends

Posted in the Rice Forum

“I'm secretly a Lorax.”

Since: Apr 10

Whoville

#1 Aug 9, 2010
I used to live in the old Carter house in Rice. My daughter's bus driver's name was Willie Logan, I knew the Van Romondt family well--both Hattie and Purcell as well as Vernon and the other children. I also knew a young man named James Lee, an older man named Arthur Pitchford and another older man named Luther (whose last name I can't recall). I drove a school bus for awhile--Sterling was the bus shop supervisor at that time and I heard that he passed away. My neighbors were the Bordens.

My name is Cierra--Arthur and the gang at Buddy's Restaurant called me Sticks because when I first moved to Rice in 1984-1985, they asked me where I lived and not being completely familiar with all the road names and numbers, I told them I lived out in the sticks and they thought that was funny. My house was on Rt 619 but I think it has been renamed and I don't know the new name of the road. I used to make bulletin board items for one of the teachers at the elementary school and worked as an artist.

I'm posting this in the hope of finding my old friends to see what they are doing now and maybe making some new ones from the Rice, Amelia and Jetersville areas. I really loved living there--it was beautiful, quiet and people from that area welcomed us and treated us like we had lived there forever--that's a rare quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe and Earl Jul 13 bulk 2
Cheaters Jul 12 Northern VA Copwatch 3
Bluegrass Music at The County Seat Restaurant -... Jul 11 mmelvin 1
looking for Norman Wade. Jul 3 shank1548 1
do trees fart? Jun '16 I know what you did 2
Found Cocker Spaniel in Rice VA (Jul '10) Jun '16 bulk 3
Debate: Marijuana - Powhatan, VA (Aug '10) Apr '16 jeanette farrar l... 3

Rice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance