Letters: Property taxes

Letters: Property taxes

There are 23 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 27, 2010, titled Letters: Property taxes. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Given all of the recent discussion of raising property taxes, I think the Central Appraisal District needs to assess the high-end homes appropriately.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#21 Oct 27, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
the dirty little words that will cut property taxes are known as "Income Tax" and God Forbid that some multi-billionaire in Dallas, Austin or Houston have to pay any income tax to the state
Yeah, let's support more taxes, after all the government spends it so much better than the public. Just because they create a new tax, does not mean they will make tax cuts in other areas. Right now government at all levels are having budget problems, if they find new sources of revenue they will use it and continue with the other taxes as well. Then they will find new programs to fund or increase existing ones.

When the federal income tax was passed in 1913, they said it would affect only 2% of the nation and the public fell for it. They have enough of our money, let's not give them more.

Read my lips, no new taxes.
Jimmy

AOL

#22 Oct 28, 2010
Market the Violence wrote:
In order to increase tourism dollars in El Paso I think that it would be a could idea to market the violence in Juarez.
We market a special tourist trip into Juarez, send them in armored plated cars at say $100 per hour in hopes of them actually catching some of the viloence first hand.
I'm sure that there are plenty of blood thirsty people (a huge market) out there who would just be dying (no pun intended) to see people being shot at and body parts being picked off the ground.
I think the adventurous would pay for that. A regular limo goes for $60-$100 per hour so a bullet proof one would be around $300-$500 or more per hour and would need a back up bullet proof SUV with a security detail in tow.
If the Limo gets hit with bullets the tourist must also pay for repairs.
Or have Special Insurance.
Is there Special Insurance for bullet damage in a war zone?
I see those Bullet Hole decals for cars are not "as popular" as they once were.
Gee, wonder why?
I'll bet you a pound of bananas, that cars with "real" bullet holes from
Juarez, from shoot-outs might even bring a pretty penny if sold in the US.

That's too bad that the Juarez citizens cannot arm themselves.

Real Estate agents have always sold homes to illegal aliens coming from Mexico as long as they have the cash. I have never known any real estate agent ask or care if the buyer is an illegal.
An INS Agent present at the Title Companies, asking everyone to show citizenship at closing would stop that.
.... Asking EVERYONE, including Europeans and Asians and anglos.
Just because you have a Passport does not mean you can buy a house here and live here.
Is anyone, any agency, actually checking up on: Who is buying these homes?
just like the Romans

El Paso, TX

#23 Oct 30, 2010
Market the Violence wrote:
In order to increase tourism dollars in El Paso I think that it would be a could idea to market the violence in Juarez.
We market a special tourist trip into Juarez, send them in armored plated cars at say $100 per hour in hopes of them actually catching some of the viloence first hand.
I'm sure that there are plenty of blood thirsty people (a huge market) out there who would just be dying (no pun intended) to see people being shot at and body parts being picked off the ground.
This would be a great opportunity for someone to start up as a business...

I also figured that people were also coming into Juarez and actually paying to come and kill people to get an "experience" of what it's like to actually kill someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ennis Music Thread (Oct '13) Jul 27 Musikologist 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 19
why black boys date white girls (Nov '11) Jun '17 Mike from Bath Co... 7
News Texas-News 3 mins ago 12:43 p.m.In Texas, undoc... (Dec '16) Dec '16 tomin cali 6
people (Sep '13) Dec '16 Elmhouse nosey 2
Ennis Outlaws Baseball (Aug '16) Aug '16 Hispanic Baseball... 1
News Big Hops to open beer bar near downtown (Jan '15) Jan '15 Leachmark707 1

Rice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rice Mortgages