North Texas Solider Killed In Iraq

Another North Texas solider has died in Iraq. The Department of Defense said Monday that Spc. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
confused

Garland, TX

#1 Mar 17, 2008
I'm not sure how much language is allowed in here so let me just say the dam_ Ars Holes out there!
The poor parents of that boy. There but the grace of God go I. Our son is in Taji.
I say if the ppl out there wanted their freedom then they should have stepped up and taken it by now. If they are to stupid to stand up for themselves by NOW then pull out and brace our own borders and buff up the airport rules. Let our men, women, sons, daughter, husbands and wives man the airport terminals. I bet non of THOSE people would fall asleep at the post.
I bet THEY would have a vested interest in keeping people safe.
My son is there, one of his best friends was there and got the bronze star and purple heart. The kid was only 20 friggin years old at the time.
Another friend of our sons is expecting a little girl this weekend. June he will be going in another hotspot.
I THINK we made our feeling clear out there by now. The longer we stay the more foolish I feel we americans look.
BRING OUR CHILDREN, HUSBANDS, WIVES, FATHERS AND MOTHERS HOME IT'S TIME!
Piddler on the roof

Harrogate, UK

#2 Mar 18, 2008
Hi confused,

If your son comes home in a crate, it would be exactly what he deserves. He has no business being there in the first place. Whatever you've been told, the Iraqis never wanted to be illegally occupied for freedom or anything else.
O'Brien was just 19 years old. He was a fool for enlisting to kill people never causing the U.S. any harm but, well, at that age nobody expects profound wisdom. Nobody forced him to throw away his life.
You, like his parents, should feel shame for failing to bring up a son to know the difference between right and wrong.
Former Army Wife

Washington, DC

#3 Mar 18, 2008
Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Chris

Lewisville, TX

#4 Mar 18, 2008
Semper Fi...I know he was Army, but it doesn't matter! I am a former Marine and I just got back from duty in Iraq. I lost 8 eight friends and my prayers are with his family.
Chris

Lewisville, TX

#5 Mar 18, 2008
Piddler on the roof wrote:
Hi confused,
If your son comes home in a crate, it would be exactly what he deserves. He has no business being there in the first place. Whatever you've been told, the Iraqis never wanted to be illegally occupied for freedom or anything else.
O'Brien was just 19 years old. He was a fool for enlisting to kill people never causing the U.S. any harm but, well, at that age nobody expects profound wisdom. Nobody forced him to throw away his life.
You, like his parents, should feel shame for failing to bring up a son to know the difference between right and wrong.
Stupid Ass! No one illegally occupied that shitty country. The world called upon us to do something. Telling someone that their son deserves to come home in a crate??? Have you stopped taking your meds? Just continue living your miserable life in the UK. I hope another train gets bombed over there and I hope you are the only passenger on it. You guys are some of the biggest pansies to ever walk this earth. Until you can think of something clever to say, keep your thoughts to yourself.
GLOCK

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2008
Hi confused,
HOW DARE YOU! If you want to see a FOOL look in the mirror! Calling one of the US service men a fool is un called for. He was just following orders. Right or wrong, He had the guts to do what he thought was right. SHAME ON YOU! YOU GUTLESS BRIT.
GLOCK

United States

#7 Mar 18, 2008
You know the British are a bunch of PussyWillows. Hide behind your monitor & write your ChickenS-hit post. If you would like to come to Texas & say CRAP like that, well you wouldn't last very long. I'm a Gulf War Vet & I hate WIMPS like you. Piddler should seek some tharapy!
Sad Hearts

Frisco, TX

#8 Mar 18, 2008
Thank you for serving our wonderful Country and the people. God Bless and may you rest in peace.
VET---

United States

#9 Mar 18, 2008
Thank you for the ultimate sacrafice. You will allways be my Brother in Arms.
GODS SPEED
Piddler on the roof

Birmingham, UK

#10 Mar 18, 2008
Hi GLOCK,

Hey, maybe you haven't worked it out yet but the vast majority of those recruited to murder innocent Iraqis come from the dregs of American society. Counting up to three and writing their own names are now the required standard for enlistment.
Don't take me word for it. Check out Chris from Fort Worth. He believes the world " called on us to do something" rather than the president told a barn full of lies. Somebody even convinced him that the preemptive invasion and occupation of Iraq were legal (sanctioned by the U.N.). Jeez. I think that proves my point about fools.
VET---

United States

#11 Mar 18, 2008
Hi GLOCK,
Hey, maybe you haven't worked it out yet but the vast majority of those recruited to murder innocent Iraqis come from the dregs of American society. Counting up to three and writing their own names are now the required standard for enlistment.
Don't take me word for it. Check out Chris from Fort Worth. He believes the world " called on us to do something" rather than the president told a barn full of lies. Somebody even convinced him that the preemptive invasion and occupation of Iraq were legal (sanctioned by the U.N.). Jeez. I think that proves my point about fools.
Hey Piddler,
You should join Osama, I would love to put a bead on you!
JDH

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2008
Piddler, GET A LIFE! O'brian was a US Solder. To say he deserved to die is Foolish. If a British solder dies, then critisize all you want. YOUR OPINION DOES NOT COUNT! This is a American loss.
REST IN PEACE, O'Brian & Thank you.
GLOCK

United States

#13 Mar 18, 2008
Piddler on your shoes. Because it takes balls to pick up your little roster. WIMP
The British

United States

#14 Mar 18, 2008
How can you tell someone is British, Because Their teeth are soft & brown. LOL
TEXAN

Blooming Grove, TX

#15 Mar 18, 2008
This is truely a tragic loss and for someone to say that a person deserves to die because unlike piddler, he had the (excuse my language) balls to stand up for what he believed and for his country. So first of all, YOU had no reason to post something so rude in the first place. I find it funny that it all started "because our president lied". Thats BS! What about 9/11??? I don't think we needed a reason to start a war!!! Those sorry SOBS should all be blown up in my opinion. Anywho, now that I am done venting, GOD BLESS the O'Brien family and thank you for your sacrifice! May you rest in peace soldier!
Just Me

Greenville, TX

#16 Mar 18, 2008
My prayers to the family and friends of this young soldier. Whether we agree or not with this war is not the issue. The issue is this young man gave his life for his country and for that I say thank you.
VET---

United States

#17 Mar 18, 2008
GLOCK wrote:
Piddler on your shoes. Because it takes balls to pick up your little roster. WIMP
Good one! I bet he has to Squat to pee. Piddler seems to have the backbone of a worm.
A Soldiers Mother

Coppell, TX

#18 Mar 18, 2008
Thank you for being the kind of parents who raised a child with honor and love of country. Bless you in your suffering now and know that others weep with you.
TEXAS BEST

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2008
Former Army Wife wrote:
Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
What a UGLY THING TO SAY TO ANYONE
Yesenia Shafer

United States

#20 Mar 18, 2008
My condolences to the O'brien Family! I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. My 19 yr old son and Husband are both serving in Iraq and I can only pray for thier safe return. I will pray for this family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
land acquiry Mar 17 JGK 2
emergency dentist Mar 4 Gemmao21 1
News Area celebrations highlight July 4 holiday weekend (Jul '11) Mar 3 dit me may 11
Misty Rivera Mar 1 Concern citizen 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Ronin Kannushi 778
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Farts 614
Ennis Music Thread (Oct '13) Jan '15 Musikologist 6
Rice Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]