Texas delegation to Cuba: Ground laid...

Texas delegation to Cuba: Ground laid for future deals

There are 21 comments on the Denton Record-Chronicle story from May 31, 2008, titled Texas delegation to Cuba: Ground laid for future deals. In it, Denton Record-Chronicle reports that:

John Chumbley of the North Texas town of Dorchester didn't let the language barrier stop him from putting his best foot forward in a country at odds with his own.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denton Record-Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious George

Apex, NC

#1 Jun 2, 2008
Think about it! Bush/Crawford, Texas - McCain, his buddy - standing "tall" against Castro's Cuba (gets them lots and lots of money and votes from Florida!) While in reality - they support Texas trade in Cuba (profit for their agribusiness partners)!

Obama for President - for a new, comprehensive, intelligent Cuba policy!!!!

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

Since: Sep 07

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#2 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
Think about it! Bush/Crawford, Texas - McCain, his buddy - standing "tall" against Castro's Cuba (gets them lots and lots of money and votes from Florida!) While in reality - they support Texas trade in Cuba (profit for their agribusiness partners)!
Remember reveryone:
The islamofascistpinkocommienazira t/ape recommends obama.....to me that is enough to persuade me to go the other way.

“CUBA Y PUERTO RICO HERMANOS”

Since: Dec 06

Marco Island,Florida

#3 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
I do support Obama too and even I agree with most of your post.But I don't believe to be fair that you blame McCain for GWB wrong doings.To do that, is to be a demagogic!
Tyrone N Butts

Lexington, SC

#4 Jun 2, 2008
to he.ll with oblama - Texas is not a republic now and cannot make foreign policy. CUBA'S PROBLEM IS castros, that's all. www.therealcuba.com
Curious George

Pinetops, NC

#5 Jun 2, 2008
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
I do support Obama too and even I agree with most of your post.But I don't believe to be fair that you blame McCain for GWB wrong doings.To do that, is to be a demagogic!
Sorry WJDC - McCain has been endorsed by Bush! Bush is raising money for McCain! McCain has supported most all the Bush regime's policies including the Iraq war. He has been in bed with the Bush regime and deserves to go by the way of the Bush regime.

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#6 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry WJDC - McCain has been endorsed by Bush! Bush is raising money for McCain! McCain has supported most all the Bush regime's policies including the Iraq war. He has been in bed with the Bush regime and deserves to go by the way of the Bush regime.
Obama’s older brother still lives in Kenya. Abongo “Roy” Obama is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim who argues that the black man must “liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.” He urges his younger brother, Barack Hussein Obama to embrace his ‘African’ heritage.
CG, the islamofascistpinkocommienazira t-Ape supports obama....that's enough to turn me against obama
Curious George

Pinetops, NC

#7 Jun 2, 2008
LIGER OMNI PRIME MAGNUM wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama’s older brother still lives in Kenya. Abongo “Roy” Obama is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim who argues that the black man must “liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.” He urges his younger brother, Barack Hussein Obama to embrace his ‘African’ heritage.
CG, the islamofascistpinkocommienazira t-Ape supports obama....that's enough to turn me against obama
There you go again - reverting to the same ole islamofacist.....B.S. Ape insulting Racist crap! Is this the best you can debate???

Marco Island,Florida

#8 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry WJDC - McCain has been endorsed by Bush! Bush is raising money for McCain! McCain has supported most all the Bush regime's policies including the Iraq war. He has been in bed with the Bush regime and deserves to go by the way of the Bush regime.
I agree and that is normal at any party.C.G.!I believe Obama to be such a great candidate ,that we don't need to belittle Senator McCain!Besides McCain is a good person too.!I believe that you can attrack more bees with 'honey'!Althought I agree that GWB is not a good person at all!

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#9 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again - reverting to the same ole islamofacist.....B.S. Ape insulting Racist crap! Is this the best you can debate???
http://historymedren.about.com/od/cwho/p/who_...
STUPID GEORGE

Lexington, SC

#10 Jun 2, 2008
move to Cuba and join your commie pals, STUPID! www.therealcuba.com

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#11 Jun 2, 2008
STUPID GEORGE wrote:
move to Cuba and join your commie pals, STUPID! www.therealcuba.com
http://historymedren.about.com/od/cwho/p/who_...
Curious George

Pinetops, NC

#12 Jun 2, 2008
That's it LOPM, use someone elses thinking and research as a response! It is much less stressful and much less work!

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#13 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text>That's it LOPM, use someone elses thinking and research as a response! It is much less stressful and much less work!
Since you are so dumb that you wont rwead history, watch a movie by the great American, Charlton Heston:
http://charltonhestonworld.homestead.com/ElCi...
And learn some history on how the arabs got their arses kicked!
Curious George

Pinetops, NC

#14 Jun 2, 2008
<quoted text>
Since you are so dumb that you wont rwead history, watch a movie by the great American, Charlton Heston:
http://charltonhestonworld.homestead.com/ElCi...
And learn some history on how the arabs got their arses kicked!
I've seen El Cid several times! It is a Hollywoiod movie Bozo not a historical documentary! Besides, the Muslums have kicked some serious Christian a** as well. BTW, I am a history major with graduate work - your narrow revisionest stupidity show a shallow perspective on this period of time.

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#15 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen El Cid several times! It is a Hollywoiod movie Bozo not a historical documentary! Besides, the Muslums have kicked some serious Christian a** as well. BTW, I am a history major with graduate work - your narrow revisionest stupidity show a shallow perspective on this period of time.
I've lived in Spain, monkeybrain! Cid was real, the movie was great, but the real Cid was greater.
He is the champion of Spain for getting rid of thre moors!
You claim to be a history major, from which diploma mill? Princeton, my foot!
Curious George

Pinetops, NC

#16 Jun 2, 2008
<quoted text>
I've lived in Spain, monkeybrain! Cid was real, the movie was great, but the real Cid was greater.
He is the champion of Spain for getting rid of thre moors!
You claim to be a history major, from which diploma mill? Princeton, my foot!
Never said Cid did not do what he did, idiot!

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#17 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text>Never said Cid did not do what he did, idiot!
Viva El Cid! He kicked muslums arse!
Vote:John McCain, The Leader We Can Trust To Protect America!

Marco Island,Florida

#18 Jun 2, 2008
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen El Cid several times! It is a Hollywoiod movie Bozo not a historical documentary! Besides, the Muslums have kicked some serious Christian a** as well. BTW, I am a history major with graduate work - your narrow revisionest stupidity show a shallow perspective on this period of time.
Sorry to tell,but you are wrong!'El Cid Campeador' was a real persond!He was an Spaniard named Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar,he fought against the Moors and defeated the Moors at many battles!.Hollywood did a movie that is true ,but El Cid Campeador' was a real human being,whose live is very well documented!

"Rodrigo (or Ruy) Díaz de Vivar (Vivar (Burgos) c. 1040–Valencia, 10 July 1099), known as El Cid Campeador, was a Castilian nobleman, military leader and gifted diplomat, who after being exiled, conquered and governed the city of Valencia. Rodrigo Díaz was educated in the royal court of Castile and became the alférez, or chief general, of Alfonso VI, and his most valuable asset in the fight against the Moors.

The nickname "El Cid" comes from the Spanish article "El", which means "The" and the dialectal Arab word &#1587;&#1610;&#15 83; "sïdi" or sayyid, which means "Lord". So "El Cid" could be translated as "The Lord". The title "Campeador" is a vulgar Latin word that could be translated as "master of military arts".
Curious George

Apex, NC

#19 Jun 3, 2008
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to tell,but you are wrong!'El Cid Campeador' was a real persond!He was an Spaniard named Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar,he fought against the Moors and defeated the Moors at many battles!.Hollywood did a movie that is true ,but El Cid Campeador' was a real human being,whose live is very well documented!
"Rodrigo (or Ruy) Díaz de Vivar (Vivar (Burgos) c. 1040–Valencia, 10 July 1099), known as El Cid Campeador, was a Castilian nobleman, military leader and gifted diplomat, who after being exiled, conquered and governed the city of Valencia. Rodrigo Díaz was educated in the royal court of Castile and became the alférez, or chief general, of Alfonso VI, and his most valuable asset in the fight against the Moors.
The nickname "El Cid" comes from the Spanish article "El", which means "The" and the dialectal Arab word &#1587;&#1610;&#15 83; "sïdi" or sayyid, which means "Lord". So "El Cid" could be translated as "The Lord". The title "Campeador" is a vulgar Latin word that could be translated as "master of military arts".
WJDC, I KNOW Cid was a real person!!!! Hollywood always does its own version of reality! That is all I was saying! This period of human history is but a snapshot of time - the Arabs also kicked some Christian a** as well. We just don't make movies of it! Kapish??!!!

“LIGER OMNI PRIME”

WHEREVER FREEDOM DWELLS

#20 Jun 3, 2008
El Cid was noted for:
Being the national hero of Spain. El Cid displayed remarkable military ability in his conquest of Valencia, and after his death he became the subject of many legends, stories, and poems, including the 12th-century epic El cantar de mío Cid ("The Song of the Cid").

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas-News 3 mins ago 12:43 p.m.In Texas, undoc... Dec '16 tomin cali 6
people (Sep '13) Dec '16 Elmhouse nosey 2
Ennis Music Thread (Oct '13) Nov '16 Musikologist 9
Ennis Outlaws Baseball (Aug '16) Aug '16 Hispanic Baseball... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Sep '15 Jim 18
News Big Hops to open beer bar near downtown (Jan '15) Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Texas (D... (Oct '10) Jul '14 The Frank Pharts 3

Rice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rice Mortgages