Man dies after canoe overturns on nor...

Man dies after canoe overturns on northern Minnesota lake

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 27, 2008, titled Man dies after canoe overturns on northern Minnesota lake. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Rice man died but a Sartell man survived when their canoe capsized on Fawn Lake in northern Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Mar 08

United States

#2 Apr 27, 2008
Life jackets are a good thing!

“Vote Conservative”

Since: Feb 08

St. Paul

#3 Apr 27, 2008
I used to live near Ely, MN and grew up in my families canoe outfitters business. I also served in our Navy. I know that in these cold waters that even with a life jacket your survival time is only a mater of minutes before hypothermia kills you.

That being said, a life jacket will at least keep you from drowning.

“Watching the Lemming parade”

Since: Apr 08

St Paul

#4 Apr 27, 2008
Wilgeno wrote:
I used to live near Ely, MN and grew up in my families canoe outfitters business. I also served in our Navy. I know that in these cold waters that even with a life jacket your survival time is only a mater of minutes before hypothermia kills you.
That being said, a life jacket will at least keep you from drowning.
I would actually think freezing to death would maybe be a lil better then drowing. But..... I hope I never find out.
Amber

Trenton, NJ

#5 Apr 28, 2008
This is almost the same incident that happened to my friends and I a few weeks back. We were canoeing in the sound between long island and ny state. thankfully none of us died but we were minutes away. My condolences to the family. i understand how they feel. life jackets are so important. wear them. if not it could cost your life. i was very blessed. someone was looking out for me.
Bob

Excelsior, MN

#6 Apr 28, 2008
Canoeing is VERY dangerous. Seems to me the Minnesota transportation department needs to mandate flotation devices so the darn things don't tip over.

The "protect us from ourselves" DFL should jump all over that.

Oh I forgot, they are toys of the liberals so they can go on killing themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Lottery Holding $1 Million Raffle Dra... (Dec '16) Dec '16 hassen benhassen 6
Oak Pond Drive (Jul '15) Jul '15 CSJ 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
18 Y/o Thomas Bearson DOA By Associations ?? (Sep '14) Sep '14 Air_Force1 1
News Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
News 360 Chiropractic generates free services throug... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Chiropractor From... 6
News Frozen pipes create struggle for St. Cloud-area... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Sammy 2

Rice Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rice Mortgages