Hail Sir Punisher, political hit man

Hail Sir Punisher, political hit man

There are 53 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 8, 2008, titled Hail Sir Punisher, political hit man. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

I was waiting awhile to bestow this. But it's time to knight Marty Seifert, the Minnesota House of Representatives' minority leader.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jon Pennington

Vancouver, WA

#52 Mar 9, 2008
Shut up already wrote:
<quoted text>
wha wha wha- you've probably been reading it for free anyways
So typical of a ..., lots of hot air, nothing useful to add.

Go back and read the title of your post.
KCorcoran

Vancouver, WA

#53 Mar 9, 2008
Shut up already wrote:
<quoted text>
wha wha wha- you've probably been reading it for free anyways
You'll be the one "wha wha wha-ing" when you get the bill for your ILLEGAL buddies. Remember that when your taxes go up AGAIN.
yellowlab

Hermosa, SD

#54 Mar 9, 2008
Lars wrote:
OK, so you won't listen to my comment about ignoring this idiot.
"If a white person had hit that bus, it would be equally as tragic. But that could have an equal chance of happening"
Actually, I think you mean "If a legal resident...." Not a "white person". Yes, the chances of a legal resident hitting the bus are greater than that of a criminal alien hitting the bus. The point is, if the alien wasn't here the accident would not have happened and the young girls would still be alive.
That in fact, is the "real picture".
You confuse me by the statement
I stand corrected. I did mean "legal resident."

As far as being Irish Catholic, even though I am not a "minority" and I blend into the mainstream, I still agree that many "minorities" deal with difficult situations.

And your also correct in saying if the illegal alien wasn't here that accident wouldn't have happened. However, there are many other such accidents that happen everyday, committed by people of all walks of life. If you're looking to prevent an accident like this from happening again, you're going about it the wrong way. Maybe you should pay more attention to more pertinent issues.

I do listen to your comment about "ignoring this idiot," and I choose to not agree.

A lot of great ideas and great people have arisen from controversy. Only though open discussions can we broaden our knowledge and understand issues more completely. So thanks, Lars, for enlightening me.:)
Maybe

Zimmerman, MN

#55 Mar 9, 2008
Why cant the Right come up with a rational person to fight against the excesses of Minneeeesotas Leftists?

I watch good ol'channel 17 during session, to be informed. There are some very scary people with lottsa power running our State. This gentleman is not the sharpest pencil in the pack, and he does a real poor job of holding the Leftists accountable.

His "correct" position on spending priorities is lost because he acts like a child to make his point.
He doesnt git it that the right is out of power, and the children on the Left are robbing the "Piggy Bank", buying all kinds of goodies at Mom and Dads expense. He just pouts because he wants some goodies too, and the big kids wont share.
His "correct" position suffers for his lack of political skill, and we all suffer for his lack too.

This politician typifies the person that I believe needs to spend a week or two in Prison or Jail before he/she can make "Law" for the rest of us.......Feed him some of the lard we citizens are fed.

Say good bye to Free sorta....I believe he has been banished from Topix.
Penny

Madison, WI

#56 Mar 10, 2008
I apprehend no danger to our country from a foreign foe... Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing. Make them intelligent, and they will be vigilant; give them the means of detecting the wrong, and they will apply the remedy.”— Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837
Lou

San Diego, CA

#57 Mar 10, 2008
As I read this article, I thought I was reading an op/ed piece. Then i realized this was supposed to be an actual article. Some "reporting"!!! Well, obviously Mr. Rosario doesn't want immigration laws enforced in any way shape or form, and he goes to great lengths to craft as many straw-man arguments as he can to make anyone who does favor immigration law enforcement look like a Nazi.
Notice the lack of any mention or concern of the 12 to 20 million illegal aliens here in this country, and the cost at so many levels to our society that is borne by citizens. "Reporters" ofMr. Rosario's ilk are plentiful to say the least in newspapers across the country.
Brushing Mr. Illegal Alien Cheerleader aside, I would suggest that American citizens reading his "article" get inspired to help motivate our elected officials to indeed enforce our nation's immigration laws at every level of government, while we still have a sovereign nation. One of the best ways to do this is to join Numbers USA,( http://www.numbersusa.com ), a group that effectively lobbies for traditional immigration numbers, and immigration law enforcement.
Numbers USA provides free FAXES to Congress, pre-written, and engineered from a traditional immigration point of view. They also have a tremendous data base on American immigration history and policy, so you can learn the truth about America's more than generous immigration policies.
This is still a country of "We the People", if we'll just spend a little less time
entertaining ourselves and a little more time being citizens who care about our country.
Puppy mill hater

Alexandria, MN

#58 Mar 10, 2008
Your bias is offensive, Mr Rosario, and is in no way a news story. It is an poinion article, which after reading yours, probably would have been rejected for publication on that page. People entering this country illegally are breaking US law. Attempting to identify any lawbreaker should not be a process law enforcement should be impeded from doing. Period.
Lars

Duluth, MN

#59 Mar 10, 2008
yellowlab wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as being Irish Catholic, even though I am not a "minority" and I blend into the mainstream, I still agree that many "minorities" deal with difficult situations.
And your also correct in saying if the illegal alien wasn't here that accident wouldn't have happened. However, there are many other such accidents that happen everyday, committed by people of all walks of life. If you're looking to prevent an accident like this from happening again, you're going about it the wrong way. Maybe you should pay more attention to more pertinent issues.
I do listen to your comment about "ignoring this idiot," and I choose to not agree.
A lot of great ideas and great people have arisen from controversy. Only though open discussions can we broaden our knowledge and understand issues more completely. So thanks, Lars, for enlightening me.:)
It is nice to debate with someone who can write as an adult. We may not agree on issues but at least we can be civil. Thank you. Look forward to debating another issue with you.
Wondering

Cannon Falls, MN

#62 Mar 12, 2008
Rosario should really be writing for the Red Star (Mpls Star Tribune) and NOT the St. Paul paper. He is so far left that Paul Wellstone looks like a moderate compared to him!
John - St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#63 Mar 13, 2008
Rubén Rosario, the racist liberal hack for the DFL and Pioneer Press, strikes again. He does a wondeful job of turning reality into fairy tales, but takes so much out of context the stories have no tooth. If a 'real' journalist did this to a Democrat there'd be hell to pay.

Whatever happened to journalistic integrity? Looking at all sides of an issue and doing a comprehensive analysis for the readers. Is the problem that once ALL the facts are on the table and they don't agree with the 'preferred' outcome of the writers's agenda, it's time to spin the truth? Well, this is certainly the case with this and many of Rosario's stories. It's becomming tiresome to read his 'stuff' and have to sift through it to find anything unbiased. Is it that the facts don't count or he just ignores them. I'm not sure if he can tell the difference.
John - St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#64 Mar 13, 2008
yellowlab wrote:
<quoted text>
A GREAT idea... Take the cars that are being driven by unlicensed and uninsured drivers when caught. An estimated 12% of drivers have no license and 17% have no insurance. They do it to unlicensed and 'out of season' sportsmen and women. This will reduce accidents, congestion, and reduce the State's liability for more 'bridge fund' type payouts. After all, who's responsible if an accident occurs with an unlicensed and/or uninsured driver...the State, of course.
Oh, I forgot that only the vehicles, boats, ATVs, sports gear, etc, can be taken from citizen taxpayers according to the DFL PC advocates. Forget it, it's not a good idea after all.
Jenny

Traverse City, MI

#65 Mar 16, 2008
Rosario should be fired from the Pioneer Press for treating the vehicular manslaughter of those four innocent children like a joke. Of course, he tends to treat the subject of the rights of American citizens as though they don't exist or are inconvenient to him.

I'm well aware that Puerto Ricans are considered citizens of America, Rosario, that was never the issue... what is pertinent is that the ILLEGAL ALIEN, and she's not an alleged, there is no doubt about it now, again ILLEGAL ALIEN, had STOLEN the identity of a woman who happened to be Puerto Rican. A federal crime. The fact is that illegal aliens violate many laws, they do untold harm to American citizens all across the board.

They collude with corporate and business interests to displace American citizen workers (Rosario the "humanitarian" (not!) pretends that we should forgive illegals because they need to work, but he doesn't care about what happens to poor American citizens and their children when they are displaced by illegals. He also doesn't want you to consider that these illegals have the ability to work in their home countries, for lower wages of course, but the cost of living is dramatically lower than it is here. It's less than 30% of the cost of living in the US. They don't need our jobs, they only want to come here because to them it's the equivalent of winning the lottery. They get paid, and then illegally collect welfare benefits. We are subsidizing their violations of our law, so they can send their wages to their home countries, and destroying the lives of innocent American citizens and their children.

He makes vile attacks against a member of congress who is representing his constituent's interests. Of course Rosario would have a fit if the same was done to him. It goes to show that Rosario either doesn't understand that rights and freedoms are a two way street, or he doesn't believe in them, and only seeks to exploit them for his own agenda.

Since: Dec 07

Capron, IL

#66 Apr 4, 2008
Lou wrote:
As I read this article, I thought I was reading an op/ed piece.
You were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Pond Drive (Jul '15) Jul '15 CSJ 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
18 Y/o Thomas Bearson DOA By Associations ?? (Sep '14) Sep '14 Air_Force1 1
News Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
News 360 Chiropractic generates free services throug... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Chiropractor From... 6
News Frozen pipes create struggle for St. Cloud-area... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Sammy 2
News Not just for women -- more men care for skin (Feb '13) Feb '14 Sitting on my wif... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rice Mortgages