Hail Sir Punisher, political hit man

Hail Sir Punisher, political hit man

There are 53 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 8, 2008, titled Hail Sir Punisher, political hit man. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

I was waiting awhile to bestow this. But it's time to knight Marty Seifert, the Minnesota House of Representatives' minority leader.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mike C SAINT PAUL

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 9, 2008
(Time out. We are living in a time of shockingly astounding ignorance of our very own history. So I need to explain now for the uninformed that Puerto Ricans, who have fought and died for this nation since World War I, if not before, are U.S. citizens. Let's continue now.) what does this have to do with anything in this article. The woman wasnt puerto rican. these people need to go back HOME.
If we arent going to care about their status we might as well not even build the fence, disband the immigration control people, and drop the INS because it is a HUGE waiste of money if were not even going to deport these people. Why do we even have borders, we dont control them. Oh and mr. rosario guess what you find 10 million irishman that here illegally and we will talk.
Oh and another thing should we be searching 80 year old white woman for bombs in suspect of being terrorist? no. sorry mr rosario if your hear legally thats fine and IM happy for you and your family this is a great country. but unless your going to go down south and donate hundreds of millions of dollars to all these hospital ER's that are shutting down because of all the illegal immigrants that dont pay their bills be my guest then we can seriously think about letting all the people flood our cities.
Shoot

Central, SC

#4 Mar 9, 2008
Ruben Rosario is an idiot. Why the hell isn't this story on the OPINION pages, PP??????
NightOwl

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 9, 2008
Kulturkampf wrote:
Who said you had to be from the South to be a redneck politician?
Well.......Lookie here! You don't know what a redneck is? Do ya? "BOY"? You racist scum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_...
penrod

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 9, 2008
this rosario guy doesn't even understand politics, let alone have anything interesting to add to the discussion. his bit about puerto ricans as some kind of comment on illegal immigration is a complete nonsequitur.
Fascist DFLers

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 9, 2008
How about we check immigration status of anyone caught driving without a license? We don't have to check everyone thats pulled over or check just someone of color. Everytime I have been pulled over, the first thing they ask for is ID. It wouldn't be discrimintory to check on those and only those who can't produce proper ID. If that would have happened the last time this woman was pulled over, she could have been deported before she killed four innocent children.

Mr. Rosario trys to claim that Rep Siefert is trying to explote the death of these four children. Well, a bridge fell down and as the bodies were still in the water we heard calls for a tax increase which was passed last week. A girl was injured in a swimming pool and last week her father testified and we will soon pass laws to combat these type's of pool accidents. Four innocent children are dead and liberals like Rosario want to assure us we will all be safe if we just look the other way.

Can't go after illegals because they might not rat out other illegals who have committed crimes. Doesn't matter that these illegals are depressing wages of legal citizens. Doesn't matter that they are driving taxes through the roof because they pay no taxes and collect school, hospital and social services. Doesn't matter because, like all of us, they come for the same place, the womb.

We all must abide by the law, except for illegals for some reason. Why when this paper make cut backs they didn't relive this mental midget Rosario is beyond me. This article just reminds my of why I canceled my paper five years ago and why that decision was proper.
Kulturkampf

Howell, NJ

#9 Mar 9, 2008
NightOwl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.......Lookie here! You don't know what a redneck is? Do ya? "BOY"? You racist scum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_...
Well, goop goop goo-choob (Dukes of Hazzard reference)!!!! That's just one of the definitions.

Now, why is there such a word as redneck? Let's see. One definition says it is a pejorative term ridiculing the poor white farmer who could't afford slaves and had to do his own work. Thus, it is a term defining social class. In other words, a redneck is too stupid to realize that he is too poor, and therefore too undercapitalized, to compete in the world of farming. Already lacking adequate capital, trapped into subsistence farming, and now displaying low intelligency by persisting in this kind of life, the redneck became the quintessential STUPID WHITE MAN.

Nevertheless, we live in time, and there is no reason why ignorance should be perpetuated for so many generations (25, at least, and still counting). Ignoramuses are a pain in the ass because they revive, or simply won't let die, arguments about evolution, right to life of an embryo, etc. They ignore all the issues except what their Bible-addled minds contain. So much of our legislatures' time is wasted by these bastards at a national, state, and local level. Without these people, the National Enquirer and other printed toilet paper would have gone out of business a million years ago.

Since: Oct 07

South of here but this is home

#12 Mar 9, 2008
Here's some food for thought:
Robert Byrd: klansman and Democratic Senator
Joe Lieberman: banished from the party because he stands strong on our terrorism policy.
Keith Ellison or whatever name he goes by these days: close ties with one of the most racist organizations in the country and has made racist comments himself.
What does that tell you?
robert in eagan

Portland, OR

#13 Mar 9, 2008
Mr. Rosario,
Every time you say nothing to tax increases for welfare programs, mandates put on business that become law, environmental laws that limit private property rights
you empower these legislators and strip us of a little bit more of our personal liberties by remaining silent. I guess its okay if it targets the people you have envy for or bias against. Now, when they use this power to causes you're against you cry foul.
You, as most other "journalists", have taken passive stances when the government increases its power for far too long that you can't even remember the first time this happened. You crossed a line a very long time ago you can not come back over. your outrage no matter what side you're on will fall on deaf ears. I may not share the same belief system you do, but you bear the brunt of the playing field we now play on.
Minnesotan

North Hollywood, CA

#14 Mar 9, 2008
I am sure Marty Seifert is to this day a good and decent person. Certainly, growing up in Clements and being educated in Morgan, he learned through his family, church and schools as he was exposed to both good hard-working people and positive Catholic influences those qualities needed to be such a good human. That said, his treatment of those he is against does not make sense. Bullying 6 members of his own party (but not his own State Senator, who voted in favor of the override), uttering statements bordering on racism, etc. are just NOT the values he was exposed to while growing up. One can be conservative without being petty (bonding bill), mean and bullying. Marty needs to regain that sense of balance by fighting for what he believes in without being hurtful and spitful.
That said, I find Mr. Rosario's column to be as mean spirited, petty and hurtful as Mr. Seifert seems to have become. Unfortunately, two wrongs still do not make a right!
Bill majors

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Mar 9, 2008
Ruben doesn't seem to realize that there are illegals here that aren't hispanic. News flash - We have immigration enforcement in place to get rid of any illegals not just hispanics. Some are even white Ruben.
Bill majors

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Mar 9, 2008
Minnesotan please quote remarks that the good Representative said that were racists. That is the oldest card in the deck -hey call him a racist. Anyone who uses that is an idiot. Bullying members of his party. How do you figure and maybe you missed the DFL bullying(blackmailing) the legislators by saying they would only introduce one transportantion bill and if they didn't get there way they were taking their ball and going home. Oh by the way they made sure the federal funding for the 35w bridge was tied up in that bill. Get a clue!
Ruthie Hendrycks

Sleepy Eye, MN

#17 Mar 9, 2008
Dear Pioneer Press
I urge you to release from your staff any one of your editorial staff that feels it is appropriate to engage in name calling, personal attacks and bias reporting - Actually - I am not only urging you to do so - I would like to go on record - that I am demanding this action.

Does this not go against the very request of your paper ?
The Pioneer Press is happy to host community conversations about news and life in the Twin Cities. As hosts, we expect guests will show respect for each other. That means we don't threaten or defame each other, and we keep conversations free of personal attacks. Witty is great. Abusive is not. If you think a post violates these standards, don't escalate the situation. Instead, flag the comment to alert us. We'll take action if necessary.

Apparently, terminology used by your staff - directed as Legislators who have been elected by those subscribing to your paper - are allowed but we are asked to keep it free of defaming remarks - The Godfather and the Soprano's' seem rather defaming to me - what do you think?

Mr. Rosario's last paragraph is insulting to every journalist in America,
which reads as ....
"Chief, if I were you, I would have someone else start my car in the mornings from now on. That Sir Punisher, he's one bad mother ... shut your mouth. "

Mr. Rosario's one sided objectives are clear - however, he misses the whole subject of Representative Seifert's efforts. IT'S THE LAW!!!!!!!!!! The US is a 'Land of Laws' and I for one am tired of those in this country illegally deing allowed to continue illegal activities such as driving without a drivers license. I must obey the law - why are they not required to do so?

Funny how those - thru their rose colored glasses - must resort to name calling and bias reporting to push their agenda.

I would have and do expect more of the Pioneer Press
Ruthie Hendrycks
Angry Workingman

Burnsville, MN

#18 Mar 9, 2008
mike C SAINT PAUL wrote:
<quoted text>
what is that suppose to mean. no you dont have to be from the south. Some of the most RACIST and redneck politicians are democrats.
Robert KKK Byrd of VA for one.
Bill majors

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Mar 9, 2008
Well said Ruthie
Angry Workingman

Burnsville, MN

#20 Mar 9, 2008
Ruthie Hendrycks wrote:
Dear Pioneer Press
Mr. Rosario's last paragraph is insulting to every journalist in America,
which reads as ....
"Chief, if I were you, I would have someone else start my car in the mornings from now on. That Sir Punisher, he's one bad mother ... shut your mouth. "
The SWAT team would be all over the house of any white guy that made a statement like that towards a member of our minority community.
Blaise Villaume

Burnsville, MN

#21 Mar 9, 2008
Ruben Rosario, the king of tear-jerking, subtly slanted fluff pieces now believes he is commissioned to crusade against Marty Seifert. Representative Seifert is the House Minority Leader and it is his JOB to hold his party members to the platform they all run on. He has not condemned his Senator because he is not a leader in the Senate.

Representative Seifert is not throwing the Override sixes' computers down stairs or taking their secretaries away. He is simply removing them from leadership positions for good cause.

As for the woman who killed those four children, why shouldn't he be mad? He is only introducing legislation that enforces EXISTING law. If these laws would have been enforced she would have been deported and these kids would not have been killed by her. This is FACT not exploitation.

If these obviously biased issues do not get cleared up, I will cancel my subscription.

Oh and by the way, to "KulturKampf" or whatever your real name is, do you think anyone around here cares what you have to say? Stick to New Jersey issues. Coming on a message board and insulting people you do not know proves your ignorance
Minnesotan

North Hollywood, CA

#22 Mar 9, 2008
Bill majors wrote:
Minnesotan please quote remarks that the good Representative said that were racists. That is the oldest card in the deck -hey call him a racist. Anyone who uses that is an idiot. Bullying members of his party. How do you figure and maybe you missed the DFL bullying(blackmailing) the legislators by saying they would only introduce one transportantion bill and if they didn't get there way they were taking their ball and going home. Oh by the way they made sure the federal funding for the 35w bridge was tied up in that bill. Get a clue!
Apparently, Mr. Majors:

You are unable or choose not to read my comments correctly. My message was to point out my belief that Rep. Seifert is the same great person who grew to manhood in Redwood County. I like, appreciate and agree with most if not all his values. What I disagree with is the tone of how to push those values and at times whether the goals he seeks in fact reflect those values. Whether I agree with his goals or not, one need not be mean, nasty or BORDERING on racist in one's comments to accomplish those goals. That holds equally true for Mr. Rosario's column. It was mean and nasty. Apparently, you missed that criticsm in your efforts to push your agenda. You also, in your nearsighted defense of what happened to the 6 and the upholding of GOP "values" fail to realize that on the greatest issue of all, the "PRO-LIFE" cause, Martin has not punished a single GOPer who has strayed from the party line. IF such punishment is deserved over what is essentially an economic issuem, should not an even GREATER punishment be given the anti-life forces in his party? After all is not life itself more important? Lastly, in case you are interested, were I still living in Redwood County and in the District represented by Senator Fredrickson and Rep. Seifert, I would most likely be voting for both as both are good an honorable men who do their best to represent their constituents.
Bill majors

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Mar 9, 2008
You never answered my question minnesota what comments bordered on racist. That was what I responded to you about! Don't throw out a nasty term with out facts to back it up. You never responded to my comment about the DFLers who bullyed the transportation bill throw. I know what I'm really tired of the pro-life republicans. If that is your only reasons for being in the party -get out. I am pro-life but the constant push on that issue is what is destroying our party. Our party stands on less government period. That is the backbone of it. Now it has been highjacked by religious fanatics that want bigger government to support their religious beliefs. I am pro-religion that means you get yours and I get mine. pro-life causes have very little political activity - most of that type of issue is in the courts hands. So lets clean up the republican party and throw out all the big government people and start over.
870girl

AOL

#24 Mar 9, 2008
I see anything passes for journalism these days... And the Pioneer Press wonders why I canceled my subscription (besides the obnoxious daily phone calls asking for my renewal)? I wish I could get paid to publicly insult those with whom I disagree. Keep up the good work Ruthie!!
Rich

Ada, MN

#25 Mar 9, 2008
Rueben, by far one of the worst articles I have ever read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Pond Drive (Jul '15) Jul '15 CSJ 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
18 Y/o Thomas Bearson DOA By Associations ?? (Sep '14) Sep '14 Air_Force1 1
News Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
News 360 Chiropractic generates free services throug... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Chiropractor From... 6
News Frozen pipes create struggle for St. Cloud-area... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Sammy 2
News Not just for women -- more men care for skin (Feb '13) Feb '14 Sitting on my wif... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rice Mortgages