Puerto Rican Day Parade expected to b...

Puerto Rican Day Parade expected to be largest ever

There are 139 comments on the AMNY story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Puerto Rican Day Parade expected to be largest ever. In it, AMNY reports that:

Get ready to party New York City! Fifth Avenue will be festooned with Puerto Rican flags and rocked by salsa beats on Sunday when the 51st National Puerto Rican Parade gets rolling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
charlene

New York, NY

#1 Jun 6, 2008
Its not on Saturday. Its Always the second Sunday in June, which is Sunday, June 8th. The 116th Street Festival is on Saturday, June 7th.
Margarita

Abington, CT

#2 Jun 6, 2008
The day on the Puerto Rican Parade is wrong...is on Sunday (6/8/08) Not Saturday!!!
Fire Sign

New York, NY

#3 Jun 6, 2008
Real Boricuas know the parade is always the 2nd Sunday in June. WEPA !!
concerned

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jun 6, 2008
Saturday? Sunday? It's still just another grope fest. Hope the boobs are out in force.
Observant

New York, NY

#5 Jun 6, 2008
Have a great time guys! Here's hoping nobody gets raped.
Boricua

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jun 6, 2008
Yeah heres hoping no one crashes it because they try to be Puerto Rican for that one day...and to you concerned...don't be jealous cause we have T&A..not every girl there dresses like dirty, I should know so please don't stereotype us.
Observant

New York, NY

#7 Jun 6, 2008
You're totally right. I expect gang rapes to be kept to a minimum this year.
concerned

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jun 7, 2008
Boricua wrote:
Yeah heres hoping no one crashes it because they try to be Puerto Rican for that one day...and to you concerned...don't be jealous cause we have T&A..not every girl there dresses like dirty, I should know so please don't stereotype us.
What sterotype? It was on the news the past two years! You also do not need a parade to enjoy all the boobs of NYC, so jealousy is not in this equation. Sorry about your sterotype problems.
Megan

United States

#9 Jun 7, 2008
It's so weird to be negatively negative. The truth is bad anough. Could have said, hope it's a really nice experience for you all.
Boricua

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 7, 2008
you have problems hun, why even care if its OUR day? I highly doubt your Puerto Rican so why put in your two sense about it? Its a day for us to celebrate who we are...theres also a West Indian day parade and a Dominican day parade where those people do the exact same thing we do...celebrate who we are. So how about you not add your two sense anymore? Not everyone gropes everyone there...most people go there, have fun, and leave without problems like me. And as I recall from the past years people from out of our race also come to celebrate...theres whites and blacks that come out to celebrate and party with us, so obviously theres a reason they come out and they're not even Puerto Rican and its called FUN.
and thank you Megan I agree, instead of everyone stereotyping us and basing us off of what they see on TV, they should mind they're manners and tell us to have a good time.
concerned

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jun 7, 2008
You right. Have a good time groping the ladies. I'll look for you on the news having so much fun.
Observant

New York, NY

#12 Jun 7, 2008
I hope when the gang rapes start that the NYPD doesn't just stand back and watch this time.
Parade98

New York, NY

#13 Jun 8, 2008
Why do unruly Blacks & Latinos ruin the Puerto Rican Day Parade? They just are plain rude, boozed up and/or smoke on the Long Island Rail Road (no matter what the Long Island Rail Road) says, the conductors just hide).
NYCLatinaQT

Far Rockaway, NY

#14 Jun 8, 2008
VIVA Puerto Rico... F U Haters !!
Boricua

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 8, 2008
hahaha to all of you losers...the parade went perfectly, no arrests, no rapes, no nothing..so i hope you did look for me on tv concerned haha...you can get your foot outta your mouth now...oh and by the way I'm a woman sweetie..thank you..the parade was amazing, everyone was happy and having fun with NO PROBLEMS!!!! Im so proud of my people. yes NYClatinaQT...Viva Puerto Rico Haters!!!!
Juan

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jun 8, 2008
Boricua wrote:
PROBLEMS!!!! Im so proud of my people. yes NYClatinaQT...Viva Puerto Rico Haters!!!!
Que viva Puerto Rico...no los "haters" :-)

A menos que esté diciendo "que viva Puerto Rico....haters"

Que el Señor te bendiga.
Fed up

Bronx, NY

#17 Jun 9, 2008
Boricua wrote:
hahaha to all of you losers...the parade went perfectly, no arrests, no rapes, no nothing..so i hope you did look for me on tv concerned haha...you can get your foot outta your mouth now...oh and by the way I'm a woman sweetie..thank you..the parade was amazing, everyone was happy and having fun with NO PROBLEMS!!!! Im so proud of my people. yes NYClatinaQT...Viva Puerto Rico Haters!!!!
You're proud of your people because there was no violence? Wow, in my culture violence isn't such a problem that we have to be proud when it doesn't happen.

That being said, I'm glad that this year was a substantial improvement on last year's event, in terms of aggression and violence. I'm glad that people were able to have fun without their day being ruined by dirtbags.
Boricua

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jun 9, 2008
well thats great for you and your culture, I said that because if you haven't noticed there was a lot of bad things said about Puerto Ricans and how theres gonna be rapes and arrests, but obviously those people feel mighty stupid right now because nothing happened..so no i was not saying that because there was no violence, I was saying it because all these people in here thought there was going to be, but we proved them very wrong.
Imperialism

Flushing, NY

#19 Jun 11, 2008
Wait what culture would that be? I mean I know your not talking about Anglo Saxons? Becuase our people are actually peaceful. Look at our history and who we are. It was the Spaniards who where Barbarians and it was the White people who are savages. Our culture and history was beyond its time. It is capatitlism that makes human kind savages. So wait what part of our culture and your culture are YOU talking about. Where you live at? So i can stick it to you.
Juan

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jun 12, 2008
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Que viva Puerto Rico...no los "haters" :-)
A menos que esté diciendo "que viva Puerto Rico....haters"
Que el Señor te bendiga.
¿Qué significa esta evaluación de mi comentario?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Lottery Holding $1 Million Raffle Dra... (Dec '16) Dec '16 hassen benhassen 6
Oak Pond Drive (Jul '15) Jul '15 CSJ 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
18 Y/o Thomas Bearson DOA By Associations ?? (Sep '14) Sep '14 Air_Force1 1
News Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
News 360 Chiropractic generates free services throug... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Chiropractor From... 6
News Frozen pipes create struggle for St. Cloud-area... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Sammy 2

Rice Jobs

Personal Finance

Rice Mortgages