Man to face charges in Fontana machete attack

There are 20 comments on the Sep 14, 2009, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story titled Man to face charges in Fontana machete attack. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

When Horacio Gonzalez Jr. went looking for his estranged wife at a Fontana beauty salon in July, he was carrying a red-handled machete, a black bag and a gasoline can.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

JOE BACA IS CACA

Crestline, CA

#24 Sep 28, 2009
It's too bad the guy had to go through what he did. He should've just left her through divorce on the grounds of adultery, plus he could have won custody of his kids by the fact that his wife was a belligerent and unstable mother. Had he done this it is conceivable that he could won custody and with NO alimony. The ex-wife couldve been forced to work for a living AND without the leverage of using the kids to get what she wanted (which is sadly far too common when woman such as this use the kids to get back at the ex-husband).

It's a shame that he did what he did instead of beat her at her own game.
Inland Empire

Guasti, CA

#25 Sep 29, 2009
Thank you for your post "Horacio Friend" I attended High School with him but I did not personally know him. When a death occurs involving someone we might have known or knew we look to the internet to find out what happened and maybe why? I found myself doing that back in March when a dear classmate and friend of mine died in a terrible truck accident, we just want answers!!!! Soon I found myself in tears because I saw how cold hearted people who do not even know the person could be. How dare they assume a person is bad or suddenly they feel compelled to trash a race? No one feels the real pain that family and friends feel for the victim and in this case Horacio. What happened is definitely a tragedy, and I don't know what the heck Horacio was thinking when he committed such terrible crime. I just pray that his kids will one day be able to forgive their dad and be able to carry a good solid relationship with him even if behind bars. May his friends and family be there for him and help him turn to the Lord for forgiveness because it's now between him and the Lord to make this right. Again my prayers go out to her family, their kids, Horacio, and his friends.
miss fontana

United States

#26 Oct 1, 2009
To Horacio's good friend. Well of couse your going to say all the wonderful things about the killer. no matter what! he had no right to take another human beings life. I don't care if he snapped,or if he had a headache or if he was upset, or she couldn't cook, or she was high maintance. I have known her to pay her way for everything, she was a giving women. If you were such a good good friend, why did you not see the signs of your so called dear dear friend. what ever she did, still gave him no right to kill and to slice 5inch of her neck and let her bleed in 4 mins. to her death. IS THAT RIGHT! To kill a women with 2 children IS THAT RIGHT??? So if your a so called friend what gives you the right to pass judgement on Zelda's life when you only had to of known her 5 years because that's all she was married to Horcaio so you really don't know ZELDA's life before Horacio or after marriage because if you knew her you would not be writting your own little gossip shit cause you ain't no shit
MAD

San Bernardino, CA

#27 Oct 1, 2009
IF HORICIO WAS SUCH A GOOD MAN AND YOU SAY HE COULD OF JUST GOT A DIVORCE AND FOUGHT FOR CUSTODY OF HIS CHILDREN, WELL HE DIDNT DO IT THAT WAY. IF HE WAS SUCH A GOOD FATHER, WELL HE WASNT. HE IS A INSECURE JEALOUS, PUSSY WHIPPED LITLLE PATHEDIC SO CALLED MAN. MEN LIKE THAT CANT HANG WITH A REAL WOMAN WHO CAN STAND ON HER OWN TWO FEET. ITS'S OBVIOUS HE LET HIS INSECURITIES GET THE BET OF HIM AND THAT'S A MAJOR TURN OFF AND SHE PROBABLY JUST KICKED HIS PATHEDIC ASS TO THE CURB. AND HE OBVIOUSLY WASNT THINKING ABT HIS KIDS AND HOW MUCH OF A WONDERFUL DAD HE WAS WHEN HE WAS CHOPPING ZELDA TO DEATH AND THEN DRINK BLEACH LIKE A LITTLE BITCH. WHY DIDNT HE JUST SLICE HIS WRIST AND BLEED TO DEATH. NO HE WAS JUST PLAYING THE MARDIRD ROLE. HAHAHAHA LMAO
JOE BACA IS CACA

Crestline, CA

#28 Oct 2, 2009
Mad makes a great point. The dude was a whack job and a complete mental case. I have to agree theres no way the guy could have been a good anything other than a nut.
justice must be served

United States

#29 Oct 2, 2009
so does anyone know what the verdict was? I hope he gets life in prison w/ no parole
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#30 Oct 4, 2009
If he's crazy they'll put him in Atascadero mental hospital.
Horacio Friend

Fullerton, CA

#33 Oct 20, 2009
To Miss Fontana and MAD,

Read my post again. I never said it was right what happened. All the other posts before mine were filled with sadness for Griselda and anger for Horacio. I too feel sad for what happened. But I simply stated the facts, not gossip. Why must you curse? Is that how limited your vocabulary is? Can't you express your views in a more civilized way? And you end your post with "LMAO"?! What part of this story is funny to you?! And like you're saying to me, I didn't know Griselda (5 yrs). YOU DIDN'T KNOW HORACIO. Don't pass judgment on my friend either! Besides, it's like any of you will be a juror.

The next trial date is this week. Horacio's representation will provide the facts that I have posted here... and many more. More educated people will pass judgment. And all of you are furious because you are powerless in the outcome. So maybe you feel a little like Horacio did with his life, marriage and children. Not a nice place to be, right?

Again, I am not trying to justify what happened. I feel terrible for how Griselda died. Do you guys really think I feel good about it? Or that I feel it was right? No! Hell No! I feel terrible. I should have held Horacio back from talking to her at the club that night. I should have been there for Horacio that day. You are right. I am at fault here too. But if the facts of the case I post here sound like I am defending Horacio, so be it! I really have no desire to go back-and-forth with your ignorance. Keep on displaying your idiocy. And didnít I ask for you to spell check. Itís tough enough trying to decipher the point your guys are trying to make; I have to guess what words youíre trying to spell too?!
Also Horacios Friend

Woodland Hills, CA

#34 Oct 22, 2009
To Horacio Friend
There is a lot of immature people commenting on this blog that don't even know the facts just like you mentioned.
Horacio has a lot of people that love him and will stand by him in this long journey in his life.
I will continue to visit him, write to him and send him stuff too.
There's always 2 sides to each story and for those of you who don't know both sides then you have no room to post such awful comments.
Grow up and think that there a two young kids that are the victims in this.
j-dog

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Oct 22, 2009
You have to man enough to take what ever your spouse deals out to you.... pick carefully,,,sometimes you have to take your lumps and move on...2 years from now he could've have the hottest chick and money, cars house whatever but he took the cowards route.
j-dog

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Oct 22, 2009
Chicanos need to do what african americans had to do, and that is to (do you) You cant lie to the U.S.A. and say we started this or that and say it is our cuture ,,if you do that it will lead to people not having a true culture.. hating themselve eventually, and a relly tough gang member wont let his woman leave him he'll kill her
Also Horacios Friend

Woodland Hills, CA

#37 Oct 23, 2009
To j-dog

You make no sense. Stop with this Chicano bull crap. Obviously you know nothing about the couple so back the eff off! And go preach your non sense somewhere else.
Guy in shock

Woodland Hills, CA

#38 Oct 23, 2009
I know she was having an affair for a fact. Did not know she was married.
wiseass

Seattle, WA

#39 Oct 23, 2009
the night stalker is on deathrow, been there for 20 years or so,, Machette man can go there as well,, another mexican contributing to society,, we should have more mexicans move to fontana southern california,,,
Monica

Los Angeles, CA

#40 Oct 23, 2009
I knew Zelda, she used to do my hair and she was the sweetest person that I've ever known. I will hope that Horacio pays for what he did. My prayers go to her children and both of the families
32 year old woman

Covina, CA

#41 Apr 3, 2010
Regarless if she was having an affair that did not give him the right to kill her!!!!!! Screw that and how stupied are you people that can support him with that poor choice that he made to take another someone else's life. I think that someone that does something this harsh has no forgiveness he should be in prison for the rest of his days and yes I could say this about him because I do know him and yes it's sad to say that he is related to me. I do pray that god forgivess him and this kind of mental sickness does run in our family we have other family members that have attemped to do the same thing to there spouses.There is a way out other then trying to kill your spouse and its called a DIVORCE if your not happy just move on with your life without hurting others and the kids involved!!!!!!!!
32 year old woman

Covina, CA

#42 Apr 3, 2010
Your post is so stupied first of all you can tell that you didn't even know Horacio because he was far from being a cholo and my aunt and uncle don't have many kids and belive me they always provided for there children its not there fault that Horacio took another route in life he was on the right track he was in the military he served 8 years came out and got a job in real estate so like I said he was far from a cholo gang member
James L wrote:
PLEA TO MEXICAN PARENTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIRS......
By James L.
Let's first stop playing the game;
let's call it by it's right name.
It's "Mexicans" not Latinos, not "Hispanics"; it's MEXICANS.
People wake up,
take control & responsibility for your children.
If you cannot support 4,5,6,7 children don't have them. Rather wait till you have the means to suport them.
Why do you look to the state or fed govts or others to support your children?
Why do you ask for hand outs when YOU do not pay for other families' kids?
Mexican parents, stop this insane cycle of allowing your kids to be chol gang bangers.
Mexican parents, enough with buying rims for your pick ups while you live in squalor & on welfare, having more kids that you cannot support.
Mexican parents when are going to stop raising your kids in the evil ways of the cholo?
Mexican parents ya basta con las mentiras that you espouse that it's the fault of the "system" or the "government" for the fact that you kids are over crowding our jails & prisons.
Mexican parents when are you going to take responsibility for YOUR kids?
Mexican parents when will YOU say "Ya Basta"? When will you stop makingh exuses for your kids joing gangs, killing innocent people, polutting our schools & commuinties with drugs, spray paiting graffiti all over the once nice towns?
Mexican parents it is time that you take responsibility for your laziness; your laziness to not want to be diligent parents that should STOP their kids from becoming rabid cholos and total menaces to our society.
Mexican parents this brings shame to those Mexican parents that care for their kids and care for their communities. YOU make them (and us) look bad.
Mexican parents enough is enough. Ya basta. Ya basta.
James L / Chicano Enlightenment
Horacio Friend

Ontario, CA

#43 Apr 4, 2010
32 Yr Old Woman,
I'm sorry to hear that you are ashamed to be related to Horacio. He is a great person and I will always love him like a brother. He writes me all the time and is doing very well. I just spoke with his sister the other day. His REAL family and friends are sticking by him.

Everyone else with silly posts,
AND I do mean SILLY. Please proof-read/spell check. Please make coherent sentences. Please keep the point of your post related to the story. The issues here are:
1. Failed Marriage.
2. Anger Management.
3. Affects of our failing economy.
4. Infidelity.
5. His ongoing court proceedings.
Friend of Zelda

Pleasanton, CA

#44 Apr 7, 2010
Horacio Friend wrote:
32 Yr Old Woman,
I'm sorry to hear that you are ashamed to be related to Horacio. He is a great person and I will always love him like a brother. He writes me all the time and is doing very well. I just spoke with his sister the other day. His REAL family and friends are sticking by him.
Everyone else with silly posts,
AND I do mean SILLY. Please proof-read/spell check. Please make coherent sentences. Please keep the point of your post related to the story. The issues here are:
1. Failed Marriage.
2. Anger Management.
3. Affects of our failing economy.
4. Infidelity.
5. His ongoing court proceedings.
Lets see the main issue here is:

1. Horacio killed Griselda

He took Griselda's life. No matter what was going between them he had no right to do it. They were separated!! He should of been a man and knew when to walk away from the relationship.
Also Horacios Friend

Perris, CA

#45 Apr 9, 2010
Thank you Horacio's Friend for your mature posts.
There are a lot of people posting unrelated issues.
To 32 year old woman- You are ashamed of being related to Horacio? Wow!! I would be ashamed to have you as a family member, Like said in the above post. Real Family sticks together, and Horacio has Family and friends that are with him and will continue to be with him. He doesnt need you!!!!

What happens in a marriage is between 2 people there's always 3 sides to each story his side, her side and the truth. No one can say anything.
Yes, he didn't have the right to take her life but what is a person to do when his children's well being is being threatened. Even animals protect their babies, and you expect a father who loves his kids so much not to do the same?
How can you say that this type of behavior runs in the family? His parents are still together after 40 years including his aunts and uncles.
Mental Illness??? For him having mental illness he sure was responsible, able to provide for his family, have good jobs and be a manager. He was driven to mental illness and depression caused by her. Hurt, betrayal, unfaithfullness, and being kept by his children. People who do this to other people should be sentenced / punished too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rialto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know a nutjob named John Colby? 1 hr lara 10
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr temizcmhr 29,628
Lesbian snapchat users? (Oct '14) 4 hr sevol_ehs 88
News 'Brockovich' town getting smaller and smaller 17 hr Oskar Schindler 2
News Man beaten by San Bernardino deputies in video ... 17 hr Horse 4
News California bill would end fines for brown lawns... Thu H20 the new Oil 1
Dating in San Bernardino Apr 20 dwhite0460k 6
More from around the web

Rialto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]