Man to face charges in Fontana machete attack

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

When Horacio Gonzalez Jr. went looking for his estranged wife at a Fontana beauty salon in July, he was carrying a red-handled machete, a black bag and a gasoline can.
Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sad

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Hope this jerk gets what he deserves. RIP beautiful Zelda.
James L

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Judged:

PLEA TO MEXICAN PARENTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIRS......
By James L.

Let's first stop playing the game;
let's call it by it's right name.

It's "Mexicans" not Latinos, not "Hispanics"; it's MEXICANS.

People wake up,
take control & responsibility for your children.

If you cannot support 4,5,6,7 children don't have them. Rather wait till you have the means to suport them.

Why do you look to the state or fed govts or others to support your children?

Why do you ask for hand outs when YOU do not pay for other families' kids?

Mexican parents, stop this insane cycle of allowing your kids to be chol gang bangers.

Mexican parents, enough with buying rims for your pick ups while you live in squalor & on welfare, having more kids that you cannot support.

Mexican parents when are going to stop raising your kids in the evil ways of the cholo?

Mexican parents ya basta con las mentiras that you espouse that it's the fault of the "system" or the "government" for the fact that you kids are over crowding our jails & prisons.

Mexican parents when are you going to take responsibility for YOUR kids?

Mexican parents when will YOU say "Ya Basta"? When will you stop makingh exuses for your kids joing gangs, killing innocent people, polutting our schools & commuinties with drugs, spray paiting graffiti all over the once nice towns?

Mexican parents it is time that you take responsibility for your laziness; your laziness to not want to be diligent parents that should STOP their kids from becoming rabid cholos and total menaces to our society.

Mexican parents this brings shame to those Mexican parents that care for their kids and care for their communities. YOU make them (and us) look bad.

Mexican parents enough is enough. Ya basta. Ya basta.

James L / Chicano Enlightenment
Pablo Escobar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Well said James L. Forget Irag get the military on the borders and protects us from this 10 billion dollar a year expense. I know all you liberals are thinking of ways they should be given all these benefits, but why don't you adopt a family and pay for there medical,legal,education, and economic expenses. If this occurred in Mexico he would be hanging from a tree.
Sad

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

James L wrote:
PLEA TO MEXICAN PARENTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIRS......
By James L.
Let's first stop playing the game;
let's call it by it's right name.
It's "Mexicans" not Latinos, not "Hispanics"; it's MEXICANS.
People wake up,
take control & responsibility for your children.
If you cannot support 4,5,6,7 children don't have them. Rather wait till you have the means to suport them.
Why do you look to the state or fed govts or others to support your children?
Why do you ask for hand outs when YOU do not pay for other families' kids?
Mexican parents, stop this insane cycle of allowing your kids to be chol gang bangers.
Mexican parents, enough with buying rims for your pick ups while you live in squalor & on welfare, having more kids that you cannot support.
Mexican parents when are going to stop raising your kids in the evil ways of the cholo?
Mexican parents ya basta con las mentiras that you espouse that it's the fault of the "system" or the "government" for the fact that you kids are over crowding our jails & prisons.
Mexican parents when are you going to take responsibility for YOUR kids?
Mexican parents when will YOU say "Ya Basta"? When will you stop makingh exuses for your kids joing gangs, killing innocent people, polutting our schools & commuinties with drugs, spray paiting graffiti all over the once nice towns?
Mexican parents it is time that you take responsibility for your laziness; your laziness to not want to be diligent parents that should STOP their kids from becoming rabid cholos and total menaces to our society.
Mexican parents this brings shame to those Mexican parents that care for their kids and care for their communities. YOU make them (and us) look bad.
Mexican parents enough is enough. Ya basta. Ya basta.
James L / Chicano Enlightenment
Ok, and what does this have to do with this story???????
Carlo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

To Sad:

I'm sure that it's apparent to most people (except you) that what James L. was saying pertained to this story because Horacio Gonzalez is an example of what can happen when you don't raise your children right.

While Mr. Gonzalez may or may not have become the murderer that he is due to bad parenting, it is obvious though that thousands of young gang-bangers have become what they are due to the parenting or lack of parenting by their parents.

I must stress though, that the majority of Mexican parents are good, honest, loving parents. Most strive to keep their kids in school, make them come in at night and do their homework and remain in the home with their parents rather than run the streets. Most are good parents. But unfortunately there are many that don't. In fact so many that there is never any shortage of young gangsters.
Friend of Zelda

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Carlo wrote:
To Sad:
I'm sure that it's apparent to most people (except you) that what James L. was saying pertained to this story because Horacio Gonzalez is an example of what can happen when you don't raise your children right.
While Mr. Gonzalez may or may not have become the murderer that he is due to bad parenting, it is obvious though that thousands of young gang-bangers have become what they are due to the parenting or lack of parenting by their parents.
I must stress though, that the majority of Mexican parents are good, honest, loving parents. Most strive to keep their kids in school, make them come in at night and do their homework and remain in the home with their parents rather than run the streets. Most are good parents. But unfortunately there are many that don't. In fact so many that there is never any shortage of young gangsters.
Well this was a 39 year old man that commited this crime, so if this story was about a young teenager then I could understand these comments about parenting, but this jerk was a father of two children. So the only person to blame for a crime is the one that committed it..
California Sun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Death sentence, please.
Carlo

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

California Sun wrote:
Death sentence, please.
Lol, teenagers grow up to be 39 year old men. I shouldn't really have to explain that.
Carlo

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Friend of Zelda wrote:
<quoted text>Well this was a 39 year old man that commited this crime, so if this story was about a young teenager then I could understand these comments about parenting, but this jerk was a father of two children. So the only person to blame for a crime is the one that committed it..
Your upbringing can mold you into the person you will be your entire life. Some escape it, some don't. But in Pomona we sometimes see third and fourth generation gang-bangers in 12th Street and Cherrieville. That tends to show that bad parenting can have an affect on someones entire life and they even pass it on to thier children.
Carlo

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Friend of Zelda wrote:
<quoted text>Well this was a 39 year old man that commited this crime, so if this story was about a young teenager then I could understand these comments about parenting, but this jerk was a father of two children. So the only person to blame for a crime is the one that committed it..
No, that doesn't absolve the killer of his crime. He is still to blame. But it can shed light on what led him to be a person that doesn't respect human life. It was his choice to kill. But had he had a different type of upbringing he may not have ever considered murder.
DEATH PENALTY

Sun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

CA Sun,
I 2nd that! What a piece of shit! Just because she didn't want you anymore doesn't give you the right to take another persons life. not only that to take the mother from your children. You're not a man. You're a little BITCH! Horacio, you don't deserve to be called a father! You slapped your children in the face when you killed their mother. They will grow up and one day they will know what you did to their mom because you were selfish. I hope they wash their hands of you and you're left to die all alone in San Quentin with no one by your side just like their mommy did in that parking lot. You should have taken the machete and sliced your wrists or your neck!
Disappointed

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

it's not always the parents fault. they were great parents. you guys sound ignorant. did you consider that maybe he had mental issues. we have bad apples in every race not just mexicans. you should be ashamed of yourselves.
szxa

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

wow lots of hate there with that message well incase you all havent realized everything does start with the government twin towers & pentagon was inside job everyone knows tht that led to many people being sad in depression & now war & now we in a recession so dnt blame peeps just blam the cause.
High School friend

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

Judged:

Sad wrote:
Hope this jerk gets what he deserves. RIP beautiful Zelda.
I personally know Horacio and he was my best friend in High School. Griselda was a "bitch on wheels," but I belive she didnt deserve to die the way she did. I personally think she drove him to it because in the 25 years I have known him, he has NEVER had a violent bone in his body. She made the divorce very ugly and she was also a prostitute
DEATH PENALTY

Sun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

High School friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally know Horacio and he was my best friend in High School. Griselda was a " **** on wheels," but I belive she didnt deserve to die the way she did. I personally think she drove him to it because in the 25 years I have known him, he has NEVER had a violent bone in his body. She made the divorce very ugly and she was also a prostitute
SHE DROVE HIM TO DO IT? PLEASE! THAT'S THE DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. I SUPPOSE THAT SHE PUT THE MACHETE IN HIS HAND TOO?!?! COME ON! DON'T BE SO NAIVE. IF HE WASN'T VIOLENT THEN WHY DID HE GET ARRESTED???? IF SHE WAS SUCH A BITCH THEN WHY IN THE HELL DID HE SAY THE HELL WITH HER AND MOVE ON???? INSTEAD HE OBSESSED ABOUT HER WANTING TO KNOW EVER DETAIL ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH HER. YOU DON'T KNOW THAT SHE WAS A PROSTITUTE UNLESS YOU WERE THERE WITH HER. WERE YOU?? HORACIO PAINTED A PICTURE OF HER OF WHAT HE ONLY WANTED YOU TO SEE. I'M SORRY BUT HE HAS NO CREDIBILITY NOW THAT HE KILLED HER. IF HE DIDN'T HAVE A VIOLENT BONE IN HIS BODY THEN WHY THE HELL IS HE IN JAIL AND SHE'S DEAD? THE DETAILED OF THE RELATIONSHIP WILL COME OUT AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT AN ABUSIVE ASS HE WAS AND IS. SHE WAS TERRIFIED OF HIM AND KNEW HE'D END UP KILLING HER.
California Sun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Judged:

Women do drive men crazy, but it's no excuse for violence.
High School friend

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

California Sun wrote:
Women do drive men crazy, but it's no excuse for violence.
I personally saw how she treated him. She treated him terribly after he stopped making all the money that she was used to having. The real estate market went bad and he couldn't support her habits anymore. She was very high maintainence. He treated her like gold. When he suspected she was having an affair, he hired a private investigator on her since she came home high all the time. She would never let him see the kids. He was never ever violent. Pictures say it all. I believe he just snapped.
Horacio Friend

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

I've known Horacio since junior high. I was there the night he met Griselda at Giggles. We double dated with Griselda and her friend. Horacio was the best man at my wedding. And that is not just a title; he was the BEST MAN I knew (at the time).

It's true; Griselda and Horacio did fall in love (very quickly I might add). After the honeymoon period was over, they soon became abusive toward each other. I would be with Horacio when she would leave threatening voice mails on his phone. He showed me the pictures taken by the private investigator he hired. How she would meet up with her ex-boyfriend. A lot more things will be brought to light in the trial. I will be there! Will any of you?!?!?

Horacio did very well for himself as a real estate agent. She saw her ticket and drove him to the ground. Everything he made went towards the HOUSES he bought her (in San Dimas, Lake Elsinore, Upland), the luxury SUV he bought her, the children he gave her. She was so whimsical and fickle. Those of you that knew them: How many houses and cars did she go through with Horacio???? While everything she made at the hair saloon, mostly cash (so a majority of it went unreported) was for her to burn. She was a very nice person, very cordial, very social, BUT WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. I saw the dark side of her one day when I was at their house. Horacio had picked me up and we were watching TV in the living room. He heard her pull up, went out to greet her and they began arguing in the drive way. She stormed into the house (not knowing I was there) making threats, like: if you don't give us what we deserve, I will find somebody who can. All of you that knew her should know what her spending habits were like, the living-beyond-their-means mentality she had. I know! I would go to the mall with them on occasion.

Don't get me wrong, she did not deserve to die ESPECIALLY the way she did. But Horacio ... well, the Horacio I knew was dead a long time ago. He hasn't been himself for more than a year now. Throw in the fact that the housing market is in shambles, which directly affected his ability to provide for Gris (he called her that) and the kids. Horacio loved her, he loves his kids. Throw in the fact while he was struggle to recover (being laid off 3 times this year alone), the woman he loved was leaving him, taking his kids and seeing other men. Throw in the fact that the courts always give women more rights than men. My poor friend died a hundred deaths everyday.
Horacio Friend

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

Part 2:

Somebody in here posted something about Horacio being illiterate. Wrong! He made Griselda help Jordi with homework in the place of cooking for him. For those of you who don't know, she couldn't cook to save her life - no pun intended. I understand why a lot of you are angry. Anger is the second stage of grief. You will soon start bargaining, get depressed and finally accept. And as for these idiots bringing up Mexicans having too many kids: This tragedy is not related nor the forum for you to jump on a soap box. You might want to advocate family planning elsewhere.

I am in NO WAY JUSTIFYING what Horacio did. It is horrible. I have lost many nights sleep wondering why the man I knew would do something like that. I love Horacio like a brother. A lot of you are right; but the animal who killed Griselda is not the man I knew. Horacio may have killed Griselda physically, but Griselda killed the Horacio I knew emotionally, mentally and financially a long time ago.

Jordi and Xochitl will have to deal with losing both their parents, both at the hands of the other parent.

I know that a lot of you will reply to this post with more anger, and that's fine. Get your anger out and move on. But read my post again. You will see that I am stating facts; the same facts that will be presented in court. More than likely Horacio will be convicted and sentenced to life. And once he recovers himself, he will wake up from this nightmare to a greater one in the prison system. He will realize what he did. He will have to live with that and fend for himself in prison at the same time... for the rest of his life. He will lead a long life of misery.

And if any of you find that comforting, look at yourself! Who is the animal now? Let the one among you that is free of sin, cast the first stone!

Most of you all are just here surfing the net, posting or blogging about people you didnt know. And years from now, you probably wont even remember this. But I have been here for more than 20 years as a friend of Horacio. I will be there to visit Horacio. I will send care packages to him in prison. I will write to him. I will comfort him the best I can. I will be here for the rest of my life.

So go ahead and post your silly replies. All of you don't know and probably will never know the details of what happened. Its a tragic story. But at least post valid arguments and make them as factual as mine. Make them as objective as mine. And please spell check!
California Sun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Judged:

This is a very sad story. It's apparent Horacio had a lot of good friends that loved him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rialto Discussions

Search the Rialto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min PEE PEE PETE 26,733
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 34 min truth-facts 4,894
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr RiccardoFire 200,358
Progress being made on new Walmart stores (Jul '12) Tue Jennifer Adair 2
❤️uuu Mon your so far away 2
my heart Mon your so far away 1
COLTON: Two arrested in corrections officer's s... (May '13) Jul 28 Officers Cousin 6
•••
•••

Rialto News Video

•••
•••

Rialto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rialto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE