Chelsea Clinton weds at exclusive New...

Chelsea Clinton weds at exclusive New York estate

There are 26 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Chelsea Clinton weds at exclusive New York estate. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Chelsea Clinton wed her longtime boyfriend under extraordinary security at an elegant Hudson River estate late Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dick

Chico, CA

#1 Aug 1, 2010
life is good for the rich political privilege..taxpayers paid over 200,000 just for the secret service guards..probably for the whole thing since their wealth came from the public trough
Joe Sixpack

Paradise, CA

#2 Aug 1, 2010
She is SOOOOOO homely. She kinda looks like Tammy Bakker.
Rick

Ellenville, NY

#4 Aug 1, 2010
How's the traffic in the area? Have to pickup daughter at Amtrak.
Anongrower

Paradise, CA

#6 Aug 1, 2010
Who cares? I sure don't. These elitists have been ruling US for too long that we fawn over them for a wedding? I wish the public would fawn over the Clinton's history of secrets, business investments, and dead bodies. But that will never happen...
patriot

Fort Recovery, OH

#8 Aug 1, 2010
People need to stop buying all the magazines that will be displaying this wedding. That should show them what Americans care about in this kind of dire economy. It sure aint some politicians privileged daughter getting a royal wedding to promote their agenda. She marries a guy from Goldman Sachs --- surprise surprise.
PROGUN

United States

#9 Aug 1, 2010
Was Obama there or was he too busy getting dressed to appear on The View? I hear the Jerry Springer show is next. What a disgrace he is... ONE TERM people, lets make sure of it!
Blackjack Dealer

Durham, CA

#11 Aug 1, 2010
4 million dollars for a wedding?
They could have gone to Vegas, and done the whole thing for $500 including flowers and a couple of nights in a casino hotel.
How many inner city kids could have had their entire college education paid for with that 4 million?
Born To Be Mild

Chico, CA

#12 Aug 1, 2010
Can you imagine how the liberals would be screaming if Jenna Bush's wedding cost $4 million?
.
Bristol Palins upcoming wedding?
.
They and Hollywood be defacating all over them for being "rich" and "insensitive" in bad economic times.
.
But since it is a liberal it is OK.
.
Rmember how they whined about Sarah Palins wardrobe during the campaign?
.
$4million for a wedding is ridiculous conspicuous consumption and just another reason why the world hates us.
Astounded

Durham, CA

#14 Aug 1, 2010
Talk about Liberal spin [exclusion] in this story!
The elephant in the room here is that Chelsea's new Father in Law is a former Democrat congressman who JUST GOT OUT OF 7 YEARS IN PRISON FOR FRAUD!!!!
This has not been mentioned in any AP story on the wedding, or major network coverage of it.
Wonder if they will be so respectful of the occasion and the new couple's privacy for Bristol Palin's wedding?
bethevoice

Los Molinos, CA

#17 Aug 1, 2010
I'd rather have Chelsea for a daughter than Paris Hilton. At least she's been educated and we can't blame her for her father's sexual addictions nor her mother's sins. So many people have died that were associated with the Clinton's. Just as sick of hearing about those Bush daughters. They must have gotten teased in school and life with the last name of "bush". I vote for no-one any more.
Ralph101

Sacramento, CA

#19 Aug 1, 2010
$4 million on the wedding and they couldn't have hired one of those Hollywood makeup artists to make Chelsea look less like the hideous beast that she is?
No More Beans

Since: Jun 10

Yuba City, CA

#20 Aug 2, 2010
If she was any uglier, they would have to change the word ugly in the dicitonary to chelsea.

Since: Jun 10

Los Molinos, CA

#21 Aug 2, 2010
But true love is unconditional and not based on looks. Maybe her make-up job was to "save" tax-payers money.
Lilax

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Aug 2, 2010
Astounded wrote:
Talk about Liberal spin [exclusion] in this story!
The elephant in the room here is that Chelsea's new Father in Law is a former Democrat congressman who JUST GOT OUT OF 7 YEARS IN PRISON FOR FRAUD!!!!
This has not been mentioned in any AP story on the wedding, or major network coverage of it.
Wonder if they will be so respectful of the occasion and the new couple's privacy for Bristol Palin's wedding?
I would be more concerned about the groom in Bristol Palin's supposed wedding than the father-in-law in Chelsea's. Apparently Sarah Palin is, that's why Bristol chose to tell her mother about it via Us magazine.
Astounded

Durham, CA

#23 Aug 2, 2010
Lilax wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be more concerned about the groom in Bristol Palin's supposed wedding than the father-in-law in Chelsea's. Apparently Sarah Palin is, that's why Bristol chose to tell her mother about it via Us magazine.
Sure, a typical dopey semi-employed 20-year old boy is much worse than a congressman who goes to prison for 7 years for fraud.
I'd be much more concerned about him.
Lilax

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Aug 2, 2010
Astounded wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, a typical dopey semi-employed 20-year old boy is much worse than a congressman who goes to prison for 7 years for fraud.
I'd be much more concerned about him.
Chelsea didn't marry the congressman, she married his son. The son is an extremely accomplished person. Bristol's betrothed is a high school dropout, Playgirl model and a self-described "f***ing redneck".
Liberal Loon

Chico, CA

#25 Aug 2, 2010
If the Palins spend $20,000 on Bristols wedding the media will be all over the "excess". CBS will do an expose on extravagant weddings. MSNBC will claim that Bristol is really a transvestite. Letterman will joke about banging Bristols younger sister. Blitzer will ask the "hard" questions about S. Palins "nymphomania".
Call me Roger

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Aug 2, 2010
Lilax wrote:
<quoted text>
Chelsea didn't marry the congressman, she married his son. The son is an extremely accomplished person. Bristol's betrothed is a high school dropout, Playgirl model and a self-described "f***ing redneck".
The son is "an extremely accomplished person"???

Oh, come on. Giving the son a huge number of unearned breaks was the pay-back for dad keeping his mouth shut and taking the rap.

Bristol's "betrothed" is a liberal dream date. Irresponsible, a hunk, more interested in dance clubs than the Constitution. In short, a creep only fit to be the brother of a former president.

Hmmmm. A DNA test may be in order.
cigarband

Chico, CA

#27 Aug 2, 2010
She looks so much like the cigar girl,Monica. Her daddy must be proud!
Lilax

Brooklyn, NY

#28 Aug 2, 2010
Call me Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
The son is "an extremely accomplished person"???
Oh, come on. Giving the son a huge number of unearned breaks was the pay-back for dad keeping his mouth shut and taking the rap.
Bristol's "betrothed" is a liberal dream date. Irresponsible, a hunk, more interested in dance clubs than the Constitution. In short, a creep only fit to be the brother of a former president.
Hmmmm. A DNA test may be in order.
You don't get into Stanford, much less graduate from there, as paybacks for a father keeping his mouth shut. Sorry, as much as you would like to find fault, there is none in this young man. As for your so-called "hunk", I can't think of anyone less attractive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rhinebeck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark A. Sherman (May '13) May 14 Feminine sensitiv... 70
how come Kingston has so many drug dealers and ... (Dec '08) May 1 Realist 22
Mudshark City Feb '18 IDC 1
Holy Cross School site - Please help me out (Nov '09) Feb '18 Christopher Almenas 45
Cardinal Farley Military High School (Jul '09) Feb '18 BWH 33
Sarah Gregory Feb '18 Human trafficker 3
News Kingston dentist Nunez found not guilty on murd... (Jun '16) Dec '17 cash cow 2

Rhinebeck Jobs

Personal Finance

Rhinebeck Mortgages