Chelsea Clinton marries in "royal wed...

Chelsea Clinton marries in "royal wedding"

There are 60 comments on the KCCY-FM Pueblo story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Chelsea Clinton marries in "royal wedding". In it, KCCY-FM Pueblo reports that:

Bill and Hillary Clinton's only daughter has married her long-time boyfriend in the picturesque New York village of Rhinebeck in what was dubbed America's royal wedding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCCY-FM Pueblo.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Remember in November

United States

#1 Aug 2, 2010
Pathetic that some Americans think that the Clintons are American royalty.

America has no royalty.

the clintons try to perpetuate a myth.

Clinton=cigar=Lewinsky=WhiteWa ter=Sestak=blue dress=Paula=Gennifer

that ain't royalty, that's just poor white trash behavior

eat another hamburger, Bill

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Canton, OH

#2 Aug 2, 2010
Royal? Hardly but I love Hildabeast's response to the reporters that asked her how her Husband felt about Obama's policy.

Talk about angry! ROFL!
Obama Commie Traitor

Seattle, WA

#3 Aug 2, 2010
ROYAL?
The clintons are more like a crime family. Remember Vince Foster? Remember the Cigar?
Remember Tyson Pollution? Remember the Drug runner airport in Arkansas?
Remember the Nuclear secrets GIVEN to China by Clinton.
If you want to perceive the Clintons as Royalty you would have to be a big fan of the Godfather movies.
worst prez ever

Chippewa Falls, WI

#4 Aug 2, 2010
what a waste of money and air time... with the economy in the tank fm the likes of that family...

Since: Jan 07

Millville, PA

#6 Aug 2, 2010
I seem to recall a real royal wedding back in the eighties...Prince Charles and Princess Diana. There was a mixture of tradition, glamour and intentional inclusion of the people of the UK.It was televised internationally and of, course, captured a massive viewing audience.(We are not discussing the later events; just the wedding.)

The Clinton wedding was simply a huge private affair, attended by some celebrities, some current and former important politicians and people that the Clintons know, owe or who owe them.(And probably some genuine friends and relatives.)

It was not a public event and tremendous steps were taken to make sure that outsiders were completely excluded, even to diverting planes from that region's airspace. To refer to this gala as a marriage of America's royalty is a stretch of some PR person's delusional imagination.

The Clinton's always took special care to keep Chelsea out of the limelight.(One of the few things I ever felt made any sense about their public or private lives.) and the wedding was an extension of this. This was an exclusive private affair and cannot be held up as a "royal wedding" such as the Charles/Diana extravaganza.

I hope that every day will be as perfect for her as her wedding day. God knows this young lady deserves some happiness, considering who her parents are and how much dysfunction she has endured in her lifetime.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Aug 2, 2010
I'm glad they are spending all that money while the rest of the country is in the midst of a depression. F them and anybody that looks like them. They will NEVER have any class no matter HOW much money they have.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Aug 2, 2010
It's so sad that she turned out so homely. I guess they will say she's the next "Jackie" too, no matter what. Look at that Clydesdale Michelle. If they could do it for her, I guess people are stupid enough to do it for what's her name.
sue

United States

#9 Aug 2, 2010
Eighthman wrote:
It's so sad that she turned out so homely. I guess they will say she's the next "Jackie" too, no matter what. Look at that Clydesdale Michelle. If they could do it for her, I guess people are stupid enough to do it for what's her name.
Actually she doesnt look too bad now. I think she had her face done.
sue

United States

#10 Aug 2, 2010
Obama Commie Traitor wrote:
ROYAL?
The clintons are more like a crime family. Remember Vince Foster? Remember the Cigar?
Remember Tyson Pollution? Remember the Drug runner airport in Arkansas?
Remember the Nuclear secrets GIVEN to China by Clinton.
If you want to perceive the Clintons as Royalty you would have to be a big fan of the Godfather movies.
Not to mention, I found the papers on the coffee table and decided to leave the white house with the silverware.
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#11 Aug 2, 2010
Remember in November wrote:
Pathetic that some Americans think that the Clintons are American royalty.
America has no royalty.
the clintons try to perpetuate a myth.
Clinton=cigar=Lewinsky=WhiteWa ter=Sestak=blue dress=Paula=Gennifer
that ain't royalty, that's just poor white trash behavior
eat another hamburger, Bill
There was a time that America had no Royalty.

Now, politicans and elected officials are America's "Royalty Caste"..including the prez.

Americans have been conned and Bullchit for so long they have not been aware of what elected officials have done to them.

The Clinton's became of the Roalty Caste as public servants.....government employees......

You had better wake up America, it's just about too late to save the country.
Get the career politicans out of office and elect people that will correct the damage done by the people that have been holding office for 10 20 30 or 40 years.....

Vote out ALL members of the House & Senate with over 2 terms in office......Demand you new "public servants" pass term limits......

then move on to the State elections and clean the career politicans out of State offices and State partys.
Hey Pal

United States

#12 Aug 2, 2010
Who the hell cares...she doesn't matter to America!
America is burning into nothing and were losing our rights and all the media cares about is sports and celebs and stupid X presidents daughter wedding!
How stupid and shallow has America become!
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#13 Aug 2, 2010
worst prez ever wrote:
what a waste of money and air time... with the economy in the tank fm the likes of that family...
Actually when the "rich" waste their money on weddings, a lot of people get to rake in some of that money ... like the florest, the caterer, the servers, the dressmakers, the liquor distributors, the bartenders and a host of other people.

Sometimes good things happen when people behave like royalty (even though we KNOW they aren't)

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#14 Aug 2, 2010
Talk about distribution of wealth? Were any of you invited?

We should have, because we paid for part of it, I'm sure of it.

Since: Jun 10

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Aug 2, 2010
Chris982 wrote:
Talk about distribution of wealth? Were any of you invited?
We should have, because we paid for part of it, I'm sure of it.
Lol :)
We should have pulled a "Wedding Crashers!"

WHO IS GLENN WRECK?
http://sites.google.com/site/glennwreck/
Deo Vindice

Sacramento, CA

#16 Aug 2, 2010
This was a wedding uniting two crime families.
They formed a crime syndicate.

The husband's father was a former Congressman and he served several years in prison on various charges.

The Clintons, both Bill & Hllary, are known to be top white collar criminals.

This wedding was one of convenience and a business arrangement for the Clintons.
Like mutha, like daughter.

We know that pie-faced Chelsea is a flaming homosexual.
Like mutha, like daughter.
Seeking truth

Dearborn, MI

#17 Aug 2, 2010
Yawn.
Responsibility

Long Beach, CA

#18 Aug 2, 2010
People lighten up.

The Clintons are wealthy people (did you see how much Bill earns for speaking engagements?) and could pay for a gazillion weddings.

Your comments about Chelsea and her parents are insane, puerile and meanspirited.

Lighen up and grow up - whichever one comes first!
Master Yoda

Houston, TX

#19 Aug 2, 2010
Responsibility wrote:
People lighten up.
The Clintons are wealthy people (did you see how much Bill earns for speaking engagements?) and could pay for a gazillion weddings.
Your comments about Chelsea and her parents are insane, puerile and meanspirited.
I heard somewhere that George Sorros paid for this wedding....He is good friends with the Clintons. He probably is the richest or one of the richest people in the world, and he could really afford to pay this with NO problem whatsoever. I hope this young man married Chelsea because he loves her and not for "convenience".
GBA

White Lake, MI

#20 Aug 2, 2010
Funny how the party on the left that is always bashing the wealthy on the right to be called Royalty and to be treated as such.
GBA

White Lake, MI

#21 Aug 2, 2010
Responsibility wrote:
People lighten up.
My problem is not with them spending on their daughters wedding. My problem is how the Clintons have never over their political careers passed up an opportunity to bash Republicans for such lavish spending. I loath hypocrisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rhinebeck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark A. Sherman (May '13) May 14 Feminine sensitiv... 70
how come Kingston has so many drug dealers and ... (Dec '08) May 1 Realist 22
Mudshark City Feb '18 IDC 1
Holy Cross School site - Please help me out (Nov '09) Feb '18 Christopher Almenas 45
Cardinal Farley Military High School (Jul '09) Feb '18 BWH 33
Sarah Gregory Feb '18 Human trafficker 3
News Kingston dentist Nunez found not guilty on murd... (Jun '16) Dec '17 cash cow 2

Rhinebeck Jobs

Personal Finance

Rhinebeck Mortgages