For Clintons' understated only daughter, $3 million is enough to ge...

Full story: Fox2Now 225
Imagine spending $250,000 on flowers. Or $20,000 on a cake. How does $15,000 to $20,000 for toilets sound? Sounds like the first Wedding of the Century. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Barbara

Amesbury, MA

#248 Aug 22, 2010
Bengalkits wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as Boeing keeps making aircraft we will be making parts to make them. They have been after my job for as long as I've been here and I'm still here.
I am glad you have your job. And I truly hope you keep it. But are you the only company that makes parts? How about GE and Pratt & Whitney just for starts? Any overesas competition?
Bengalkits

United States

#249 Aug 22, 2010
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad you have your job. And I truly hope you keep it. But are you the only company that makes parts? How about GE and Pratt & Whitney just for starts? Any overesas competition?
Nope, no competition. There are so many mandated audits and certifications to be made on sometimes a monthly basis. To go through all of that and buy millions upon millions of dollars in machinary for large commercial and military parts is just something that corporations do not want to invest in.

We have the largest machining area around. Parts go to Macon, Long Beach, and right here in St. Louis. Plus we process the parts so they are fully painted parts ready to be assembled.
Barbara

Amesbury, MA

#250 Aug 22, 2010
Bengalkits wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no competition. There are so many mandated audits and certifications to be made on sometimes a monthly basis. To go through all of that and buy millions upon millions of dollars in machinary for large commercial and military parts is just something that corporations do not want to invest in.
We have the largest machining area around. Parts go to Macon, Long Beach, and right here in St. Louis. Plus we process the parts so they are fully painted parts ready to be assembled.
Good for you!!! I wish every American had so secure a job. We need more good jobs in this country ... jobs that pay & that can support the American Dream!:)
Bengalkits

United States

#251 Aug 22, 2010
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you!!! I wish every American had so secure a job. We need more good jobs in this country ... jobs that pay & that can support the American Dream!:)
It is really good if you are union. However the salaried people are getting laid off at my place of employment and at Boeing also. It is really a shame because these are good people with families.



Our union has gotten us competitive wages and good bennies, but we will be paying for the benefits in the future under Obamas plan. I work a lot of O/T to get by, but if I am going to be penalized under Obamacare then all the O/T in the world won't matter I will be taxed so heavily it'll be like making minimum wage.
Barbara

Amesbury, MA

#252 Aug 22, 2010
Bengalkits wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really good if you are union. However the salaried people are getting laid off at my place of employment and at Boeing also. It is really a shame because these are good people with families.
Our union has gotten us competitive wages and good bennies, but we will be paying for the benefits in the future under Obamas plan. I work a lot of O/T to get by, but if I am going to be penalized under Obamacare then all the O/T in the world won't matter I will be taxed so heavily it'll be like making minimum wage.
I think we have to wait & see how it works. I do not believe it was put in place to hurt us. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it. Call me naive, but I really do believe that this country needs to make health care available for everyone. Right now it seems salaried people are being hurt the most ... like the medical coverage changes I mentioned earlier. They have no protection at all. And I agree. A lot of good people are suffering. What a mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rhinebeck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Kingston, NY (Sep '10) Feb 20 Melissa 18
Saint Cabrini worker charged with raping resident (Apr '10) Jan '15 Katlyn Valdez 26
Review: The BIO SPA Jan '15 DAK_12 1
Ulster County CPS in Federal Court (Sep '09) Dec '14 francesca 14
Mark A. Sherman (May '13) Dec '14 sillysally 17
End of train service at Barrytown Nov '14 Old 62 1
Holy Cross School site - Please help me out (Nov '09) Nov '14 Amandabrentnall 29

Rhinebeck News Video

Rhinebeck Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rhinebeck People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:44 am PST

NFL 4:44AM
Report: Johnson urging GM to bring Revis back to Jets
Bleacher Report 6:56 AM
Maxwell, McCourty Headline Jets' Free-Agent Big Board
Yahoo! Sports 1:14 PM
Weatherford, Rice to donate brains for medical research
Bleacher Report 1:21 PM
Jets, Raiders and Patriots Among Top Landing Spots for Free Agent Darrelle Revis
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Weighing the Pros and Cons of Jets Top Free-Agent Targets