Pastor John Collins Marietta PA

Pastor John Collins Marietta PA

There are 14 comments on the CNN story from Feb 2, 2014, titled Pastor John Collins Marietta PA. In it, CNN reports that:

Pastor John Collins of the Bringing Back God Church is inspiring Passion to Serve Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

lady

Lancaster, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2014
I like how you all stand up for your corrupt churches by making comments to me about them however you all failed to answer one simple question.
Is it right to take money for a bible study in the christians opinions??

Furthermore, is it right to take money in God's name for everything like sound systems for the church building that is used maybe twice aweek while people are starving, some struggleing to pay for medication and or shelter just to survive?

Churches are legal theft by deceptors it's not stealing if your dumb enough to pay into it.
They are like people trying to sell snowballls to eskimos in the name of God at that.
They will have to answer to a higher power for there wickedness just saying don't support or be part of it.

You want to do something good and Godly ask your nextdoor neighbors if you even know there name if they need anything.
Or do something for someone less fortunate than yourself. Give someone who has no car a ride to the supermarket instead of flocking in your church building for your rituaListic and alleged "worship"
Which do you think would mean more to GOD???
lady

Lancaster, PA

#2 Feb 16, 2014
Dear God,
It's been a while since I poured out my heart to you. Everyday in all i do I am reminded bitterly of how I failed you. I was born a sinner and will die a sinner saved only by your grace. I am selfish and weak so I need you every second of everyday.
I know through my sufferings you are with me..... Your my strenth, my everything and my best friend.
I am like a rose that has been trampled many times or a butterfly with tattered wings still trying to live and fly... But God how hard it is.
Thank you for loving me for who I am instead of who I am not or pretend to be. I'm sorry for giving you only a piece of my heart instead of all of it which only you deserve.
I have loved the wrong things including myself more than you in hopes of getting "happieness" my way my happieness but after many disappointments and struggles have come to relize that no man, money or any earthly thing can do for me what you can. that True happy-ness comes from doing what God wants.
So help me today and everyday to choose always your ways and not my own.
Amen
You don't need a bible or church to have a relationship with God just a willing heart.
God takes care of people. churches are legal scams and have some nerve taking money in his name when people can't even afford to eat these days.
Just hearing the word christian makes me sick
Isn't is sick we have more churches than one can count in a county and there are still homeless and hungry. Heaven for bid one church in the town stays open for the weary who need rest and shelter ect.
Nope if you have nothing you go to this one church for sleep than another for something to eat maybe some day shelter to the next. That's a terrible way to live. While the good old christians are eating and vacationing merrily in the name of the lord but see they believe they are entitled.
Taking more than you need to survive is a sin. Going to your vacation is wrong when your claiming to be a God pleaser. He'd want you to take care of those less fortunate first.
iT's real simple pleasing God has nothing to do with church church only pleases someones pockets at your expencse
lady

Lancaster, PA

#3 Mar 10, 2014
Who needs church anyway your sins are already forgiven even the ones not yet committed or jesus christ died in vain if you believe it in the first place?
How come the star that was in the sky was so miraculous that no one knows what day exactly it appeared???
The ancient people kept records of kings, nations, hell even people and yet no one wrote down this special event the exact day??? I find that rather disturbing in and of itself among other things......
I believe in a higher power but you don't have to go through hoops to have it it's/God is already in you you will never find God in church. He is in people....
I imagine the starving children over seas who pray only for a meal or just to survive one more day of there constant misery and yet I see these good old christians praying about everything else......but they think because they go to church and believe what they do they are blessed more so than the starving child who I'm sure never crosses there mind while there at there high price seminars and paid vacations to attend a B.S. conference while staying at a first class Hotel..
I have a real sadness for the so called christians they make me sick
Christie

Brookings, OR

#4 Dec 11, 2014
lady wrote:
Who needs church anyway your sins are already forgiven even the ones not yet committed or jesus christ died in vain if you believe it in the first place?
How come the star that was in the sky was so miraculous that no one knows what day exactly it appeared???
The ancient people kept records of kings, nations, hell even people and yet no one wrote down this special event the exact day??? I find that rather disturbing in and of itself among other things......
I believe in a higher power but you don't have to go through hoops to have it it's/God is already in you you will never find God in church. He is in people....
I imagine the starving children over seas who pray only for a meal or just to survive one more day of there constant misery and yet I see these good old christians praying about everything else......but they think because they go to church and believe what they do they are blessed more so than the starving child who I'm sure never crosses there mind while there at there high price seminars and paid vacations to attend a B.S. conference while staying at a first class Hotel..
I have a real sadness for the so called christians they make me sick
Hi Lady, Well if we all made up the rules wouldn't our lives be just a mess? I see your point but just think about it... we should help starving kids but I think the reason they are starving is because some people are following their own rules. Don't we need a guide for goodness... some voices for all that is good about life is needed, so instead of just condemning all christians for praying I hope that you can be inspired by their hope and faith in God's goodness. Don't we all need more of that? I am not trying to give you a harsh review on your comments here. I don't know if it is the right thing to do to lump all christians in together into one bunch and then condemn the entire group as being the same. Sometimes discounts are given. I feel your anger but gee I do think that you have taken so much on here. Not all of what you say is entirely true. Get back to me if you want to discuss this more. I am willing to hear your point.
lady

Lancaster, PA

#5 Dec 14, 2014
Christie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lady, Well if we all made up the rules wouldn't our lives be just a mess? I see your point but just think about it... we should help starving kids but I think the reason they are starving is because some people are following their own rules. Don't we need a guide for goodness... some voices for all that is good about life is needed, so instead of just condemning all christians for praying I hope that you can be inspired by their hope and faith in God's goodness. Don't we all need more of that? I am not trying to give you a harsh review on your comments here. I don't know if it is the right thing to do to lump all christians in together into one bunch and then condemn the entire group as being the same. Sometimes discounts are given. I feel your anger but gee I do think that you have taken so much on here. Not all of what you say is entirely true. Get back to me if you want to discuss this more. I am willing to hear your point.
No, you do not need a guide for goodness, because every person is born with a sense of right and wrong.... And they may not always be the same I think the bible claims if you believe it's wrong to eat meat to you it is wrong if thy neighbor believes it is right to them it is right.
I think it's real simple do unto others as you would have them do unto you and you don't need church for that or even religion that is basic common sense to be nice it's just some choose not to be... Religion is about control and greed nothing more.
Do you think it's right for that Osteen fellow on the tv is building or helping homeless people with all that money? No he's living large in Jesus name cause he's "blessed" right? I think there are special places reserved beside O'l sparky for those folks. That's sad that you have to use God to make a living Jesus didn't have a house or shoes if you believe that crap shame on them for not at the very least practicing what the preach.
lady

Lancaster, PA

#6 Dec 15, 2014
I think it is a sin to take in Gods name, christ's name or any other God they proclaim and or preach about what do you think of that Miss christie???
The famous christian excuse for why they take money is "God will [provide" I think that's what they say to they homeless and needy but I never see any church practice that one either they are the first to ask for your money God in that case is the last one they trust right???
They ought to be a shameed and I think It's a sickness for people to convince others to support not only themselves but also their beliefs.
Haven't you ever heard my dear it's better to HAVE AND OPEN MIND THAN ONE ONE BOUND BY SOME FREAKS BELIEFS
Christie

Brookings, OR

#7 Dec 16, 2014
lady wrote:
I think it is a sin to take in Gods name, christ's name or any other God they proclaim and or preach about what do you think of that Miss christie???
The famous christian excuse for why they take money is "God will [provide" I think that's what they say to they homeless and needy but I never see any church practice that one either they are the first to ask for your money God in that case is the last one they trust right???
They ought to be a shameed and I think It's a sickness for people to convince others to support not only themselves but also their beliefs.
Haven't you ever heard my dear it's better to HAVE AND OPEN MIND THAN ONE ONE BOUND BY SOME FREAKS BELIEFS
Hi Lady, thanks for your reply. It is no doubt a sin to take God's or Jesus' name and misrepresent, no doubt. However, to assume that all people who believe and preach are sinning is well, weird? That's like saying all black people are ______ or all white people are _____ or all Jewish people are ______ or all Muslims are __________ or all Americans are ______ or all dogs are ______ or all cats are _______. You fill in the blanks with any derogatory conclusion. Get my drift? As human beings we must be careful to not lump all folks together and then put them down. Do you agree with this idea?

I'm all for having an open mind. However, who wants me to have an open mind, and why do they want me to have one? Open minds are just as easily manipulated as closed ones, in my opinion. What do you think?

Looking forward to hearing your reply.
Christie

Brookings, OR

#8 Dec 16, 2014
lady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you do not need a guide for goodness, because every person is born with a sense of right and wrong.... And they may not always be the same I think the bible claims if you believe it's wrong to eat meat to you it is wrong if thy neighbor believes it is right to them it is right.
I think it's real simple do unto others as you would have them do unto you and you don't need church for that or even religion that is basic common sense to be nice it's just some choose not to be... Religion is about control and greed nothing more.
Do you think it's right for that Osteen fellow on the tv is building or helping homeless people with all that money? No he's living large in Jesus name cause he's "blessed" right? I think there are special places reserved beside O'l sparky for those folks. That's sad that you have to use God to make a living Jesus didn't have a house or shoes if you believe that crap shame on them for not at the very least practicing what the preach.
Hi again, Lady. I want to address all of your points. Pardon the delayed response. You share that we don't need a guide for goodness. I can see why you would believe that. Can I ask you a few questions along these lines? You can respond by answering questions by number if you'd like.

1) In China they think it is good to keep women from having more than one child. Do you think that's good?

2) In America it is thought to be good to put people to death, and most recently, torture them to protect the country. Do you agree that these are good things?

Personally, I am surprised that some people think they are good things because I don't think they are good things at all. I am always surprised by how some people think one thing is good while others think it is not good. So that leaves us in a situation where we, as a species, inevitably group together in ways to discover what is truly good, and what is truly bad. Christianity is one such group. Jewish and Muslim people group together and decide what is good based on history and observation and more, too, and like the Christians, they pass this knowledge of what is good down to their descendents.

If I had to decide who I was going to trust -- would I trust you, or, would I trust my religion?

It all hinges on how much I trust myself too, of course -- but no man is an island. Individual choice can affect the whole, which is why religions evolve to shed light on the right path to follow.

I don't let bad preachers distract me from the good ones. There are bad eggs in every group. There are bad guys in the police force, there are bad guys who work in schools, bad guys are anywhere human beings collect -- we even have bad guys in the government too! Right? Can you feel me on this? So is it fair to judge an entire group by one bad egg? If so, all the Muslims would have ended up locked up shortly after 9/11. I am so glad we don't live in a country to lumps bad eggs in with the rest of their respective groups~! Right?
lady

Lancaster, PA

#9 Dec 17, 2014
Christie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi again, Lady. I want to address all of your points. Pardon the delayed response. You share that we don't need a guide for goodness. I can see why you would believe that. Can I ask you a few questions along these lines? You can respond by answering questions by number if you'd like.
1) In China they think it is good to keep women from having more than one child. Do you think that's good?
2) In America it is thought to be good to put people to death, and most recently, torture them to protect the country. Do you agree that these are good things?
Personally, I am surprised that some people think they are good things because I don't think they are good things at all. I am always surprised by how some people think one thing is good while others think it is not good. So that leaves us in a situation where we, as a species, inevitably group together in ways to discover what is truly good, and what is truly bad. Christianity is one such group. Jewish and Muslim people group together and decide what is good based on history and observation and more, too, and like the Christians, they pass this knowledge of what is good down to their descendents.
If I had to decide who I was going to trust -- would I trust you, or, would I trust my religion?
It all hinges on how much I trust myself too, of course -- but no man is an island. Individual choice can affect the whole, which is why religions evolve to shed light on the right path to follow.
I don't let bad preachers distract me from the good ones. There are bad eggs in every group. There are bad guys in the police force, there are bad guys who work in schools, bad guys are anywhere human beings collect -- we even have bad guys in the government too! Right? Can you feel me on this? So is it fair to judge an entire group by one bad egg? If so, all the Muslims would have ended up locked up shortly after 9/11. I am so glad we don't live in a country to lumps bad eggs in with the rest of their respective groups~! Right?
To answer to your first question to me about China and children I think if we as Amerikans were smart we would allow sterilization to prevent abortions and also the earth is over populated already is it not? Therefore, people should quit having kids period. Unless you can prove and verify that you can support the children that are born which there should be a limit one kid per family and cut down on the population that will one day perhaps starve to death or suffer in some way as a result of overcrowding is that weird?
So lastly yes one rotten apple does spoil the bunch and birds of a feather flock together if your doing nothing to oppose the "bad egg" or replace it with a good egg than your just as bad an egg you feel me does that make sense?
lady

Lancaster, PA

#10 Dec 18, 2014
Hey Christie do you believe Jesus is white too?
lady

Lancaster, PA

#11 Dec 21, 2014
If people were any kind of Godly or even pretended to be this world wouldn't be so f'cked up.
Refferring back to my previous comment about birds of a feather flock together ever hear of guilt by association???
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck than u can assume and treat it like it's a duck.
I have a real problem with those people who are anything but Godly and want to Rob from the innocent souls of this world of any kind of free thinking they may have just to make a living off controlling those same people in jesus name at that.
I hope one day God sends a big earth-shake to knock em all down.
Doing ritualistic worship is less meaning full than sucking the devils dick.
Don
t you think it would mean more to God to turn a church buiolding into a 24 hour shelter for those who actually need it than a bunch of alrteady allegedly saved turds doing their rituilistic worship???
Church is supposed to be a hospital for the needy and less fortunate I wouldn't even call them sinners not a museum for the fck'n saints you christians proclaim to be.
Doesn't the bible say the sick dont need a physisisn???and shit like that???? But agsin you holier thasn thow turds can't
even pratice what you preach. You all will be the first to fall and burn when your day comes
Than maybe, just maybe you'll come to know God eh???
lady

Lancaster, PA

#12 Dec 21, 2014
lady wrote:
If people were any kind of Godly or even pretended to be this world wouldn't be so f'cked up.
Refferring back to my previous comment about birds of a feather flock together ever hear of guilt by association???
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck than u can assume and treat it like it's a duck.
I have a real problem with those people who are anything but Godly and want to Rob from the innocent souls of this world of any kind of free thinking they may have just to make a living off controlling those same people in jesus name at that.
I hope one day God sends a big earth-shake to knock em all down.
Doing ritualistic worship is less meaning full than sucking the devils dick.
Don
t you think it would mean more to God to turn a church buiolding into a 24 hour shelter for those who actually need it than a bunch of alrteady allegedly saved turds doing their rituilistic worship???
Church is supposed to be a hospital for the needy and less fortunate I wouldn't even call them sinners not a museum for the fck'n saints you christians proclaim to be.
Doesn't the bible say the sick dont need a physisisn???and shit like that???? But agsin you holier thasn thow turds can't
even pratice what you preach. You all will be the first to fall and burn when your day comes
Than maybe, just maybe you'll come to know God eh???
I meant to say doesn't the bible teach that the well don't need a physician? So therefore only the ones in need should be using the church not the already godly ones.... Damn it, I misspoke that';s what happens before I start my rants without my Coffey. Oops! I"ll try to be less careless and more direct next time.....Happy Sunday
Witch of Columbia

Shippensburg, PA

#13 Jan 19, 2015
And this is why I'm a Witch. Funny, you go to a Pagan forum (any Pagan forum) and you will only see messages of love, blessings, and light. Every "Christian" forum all over the internet is nothing but arguing, hating, judgment, "I'm right, you're wrong" crap. Oh, not to mention hypocrisy throughout everyone's messages of 'love'. Sad. Very sad. Hopefully the revolution of this Pisces age we've been stuck in for far too long, will happen in my lifetime. It can't come soon enough.
lady

Lancaster, PA

#14 Apr 4, 2015
There is no doubt a God and he watches over and cares for his sheep.
One correction I would like to post is the good ole bible is a necessary book.
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (Bible) is a very good guide to live by with out it we are at a loss and with out hope it tells us how to live and although everything in it may not be literal it is inspiring to those who are able to understand it. As for bogus churches my position remains unchanged...... The Lord will deal with those people and they know who they are..... God bless!
Do good you serve God Do less and your only fooling yourself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rheems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacy Holliday-White 11 hr sum1 1
The Hershey Company Address (Jan '06) Jun 7 Keira Hume 393
News Talen Energy to be acquired Jun 5 silly rabbit 1
News Timely reminder: Don't touch! Video shows museu... Jun 3 greymouser 5
News PPL unveils rebate program to reduce peak elect... (May '11) Jun 2 Blorgon 3
News New eatery opens in Ephrata (Aug '10) Aug '10 Stank Finger 2
News Boil-Water Advisory Issued For 4 Towns (Aug '09) Oct '09 middletown reasdient 6

Rheems Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rheems Mortgages