Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Dec 3, 2013
Jersey At Heart

Du Bois, PA

#1 Aug 10, 2010
I have only been dealing with the CYS system in Jefferson County for 2wks now,but all I can say is WOW!! There was a very dangerous incident which involved a mother and 2 sons a pistol and a fight. The police were called and were told CYS would handle it OK his
thought was the children would be removed from the home that night....WRONG. CYS made an appointment with the mother almost 1wk later to investigate the incident. Meanwhile the father is making calls running from town to town trying to help his son (one of the children,only 6yrs old)get out of a sad and dangerous lifestyle with his mother. He has spoken to the local police up to the DA's office in Wahington D.C. He is still waiting for answers...Oh the police officer of reynoldsville who handled the call that day after speaking to him is suppose to file charges on her,however that remains to be seen,he claims he's not familiar with the computer system because he's new in town...what BS. I have lived in NJ almost all my life and never heard or witnessed such BS from county agencies when It came to childrens lives. I guess after asking around Reynoldsville the rumors are true "Here in town it's who you know and how much your willing to pay for justice". We are not stopping we will get justice served no matter how long it takes or what the cost.
It's also funny the father in this case his brother is also fighting CYS for custody of his child...WOW 2 brothers having trouble with the same supervisor named John.

Is anyone else having problems with the Jefferson County CYS office??? If so please respond
Jersey At Heart

Du Bois, PA

#2 Aug 10, 2010
Oh I did forget to mention a very important part of this story...The mother,2sons and the pistol are all still in the home...
Chris

Irwin, PA

#3 Sep 22, 2010
I am having major issues with them! melonheadman@gmail.com
granny

Bellwood, PA

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Jersey At Heart wrote:
I have only been dealing with the CYS system in Jefferson County for 2wks now,but all I can say is WOW!! There was a very dangerous incident which involved a mother and 2 sons a pistol and a fight. The police were called and were told CYS would handle it OK his
thought was the children would be removed from the home that night....WRONG. CYS made an appointment with the mother almost 1wk later to investigate the incident. Meanwhile the father is making calls running from town to town trying to help his son (one of the children,only 6yrs old)get out of a sad and dangerous lifestyle with his mother. He has spoken to the local police up to the DA's office in Wahington D.C. He is still waiting for answers...Oh the police officer of reynoldsville who handled the call that day after speaking to him is suppose to file charges on her,however that remains to be seen,he claims he's not familiar with the computer system because he's new in town...what BS. I have lived in NJ almost all my life and never heard or witnessed such BS from county agencies when It came to childrens lives. I guess after asking around Reynoldsville the rumors are true "Here in town it's who you know and how much your willing to pay for justice". We are not stopping we will get justice served no matter how long it takes or what the cost.
It's also funny the father in this case his brother is also fighting CYS for custody of his child...WOW 2 brothers having trouble with the same supervisor named John.
Is anyone else having problems with the Jefferson County CYS office??? If so please respond
i agree WOW! I have custody of my grankids (no thanks to CYS) They have failed to protect or help my grandkids time and again! Its been a 5 yr ordeal and still a nitemare
chris

Punxsutawney, PA

#5 Nov 1, 2010
my husbands been going for 9 years to try and get help for his daughters still nothing
chris

Punxsutawney, PA

#6 Nov 1, 2010
cys is lazy they take kids over lies and dont take kids when its the truth hes been going to try get them to talk to his daughters with his x but they dont do any thing other people from town have called on her still nothing.
tony

Du Bois, PA

#7 Dec 7, 2010
cys in Jefferson co. pa is horrible they don't do their job i witnessed a family who had 4 children 1 boy and 3 girls. 2 of the girls are handicapped and would run out of the house and play in busy streets. and on Sr 322 the mother would always be found at her computer or sleeping with the neighbor. cys was call numerous times relating to the family and did NOTHING at all if they won't do their job then fire them and hire someone who will do the job. children are precious and don't deserve to be treated like that or neglected. children don't ask to be brought into this world so just cuz you may not want them either take care of them or find someone who will.
after all children are our future if things keep going this way our future will be messed up like some of the kids will be
unbelievable

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 15, 2011
It's all who you know my landlord hated me when I told her I was moving before lease was up so she called and made a bunch of lies and they came over and the guy knew my x (my 3 kids father) and that family is well ignorant everyone who lives their life differently and I was under investigation for 3 months I was always a stay at home mom who took care of my kids, I have OCD which means my house was always spotless and they have lots of toys we went the park all the time we did family things I don't drink or smoke or do drugs but since my xs grandma didn't like me they kept me under investigation... They're worthless
unbelievable

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 15, 2011
unbelievable wrote:
It's all who you know my landlord hated me when I told her I was moving before lease was up so she called and made a bunch of lies and they came over and the guy knew my x (my 3 kids father) and that family is well ignorant everyone who lives their life differently and I was under investigation for 3 months I was always a stay at home mom who took care of my kids, I have OCD which means my house was always spotless and they have lots of toys we went the park all the time we did family things I don't drink or smoke or do drugs but since my xs grandma didn't like me they kept me under investigation... They're worthless
Also his grandma has child abuse on her record and her son at the age of 5 committed suicide but the guy was good friends with her
angryrunawayteen sdad

Saint Marys, PA

#10 Oct 31, 2011
my daughter recently ran away and was placed at pathways when she was found. i had to call cys, and the police because i was unaware of where she was. the thing is, i asked cys for help and they took my daughter from me! it took me two weeks to get her out of pathways, which she had to stay there for her 17th birthday. it's costing me thousands in lawyer expenses just to keep custody of her. mind you, my daughter has good grades, plays sports and doesn't have behavioral issues. but thats not what cys says, so i have court and she could be taken from me. she is 17 years old and they are treating this like she's a 6 year old that ran away! i know she will never do this again and our whole family knows it too becuse she isnt a bad kid, but cys seems to have so many issues! i asked for help and now they're trying to screw me over. taking my daughter away from me isnt going to help us. we've never had family problems and now look what cys is causing us and costing us! it's just absolutely ridiculous how this system is.
Gail

Ligonier, PA

#12 Jan 20, 2012
I don't know about the CYS but I know about the court system in Jefferson county. My son in-law filed and was granted emergency custody of my grandson in Oct of last year. In Nov he was granted physical & legal custody and that is what the order reads I have copies. Nothing about visits or anything. There are two different judges signatures on papers. Since Nov my son in law has been accused of 19 felonies. Three of those are for arson and related charges. The state police in Punxy have told my daughter if she calls where he son is or goes there she is going to be arrested. You would have to read the documents you are left thinking wow . The CYS in Jefferson county refuses to do a thing
tina

Kittanning, PA

#13 Dec 16, 2012
ok here's sitsuation a call was called on my sister n her child cuz her preschool called on her. well just becuz I stayed here for a week helping my sister cuz she needed a babysitter now me n my kids r involved n we don't live with her so I know becuz I babysit they have to talk to me but why r they researching me and mines when the call wasn't even about us they told me they have to take a pic of my daughter n I don't understand cuz we dont live here they brought up my past there bringing everyone else in it this bs I just don't understand ant they invading my privacy cuz there was no case made on me
unreal

Hollidaysburg, PA

#14 May 1, 2013
Jefferson and Clarion county CYS are a complete joke and a waste of time...My cousin has called Jefferson county CYS when her nephew was in the custody of a mother who was strung out on heroin and pills...this girl spends the money she gets from ssi for her kids on drugs...Cys does nothing....My son has a similar situation with CLARION COUNTY TRYING TO GET HIS SON OUT OF A SIMILAR SITUATION!! Then if Jefferson county does help...the act like they are Gods and can tell you what to think and what to feel
SadlyShewillneve rknowus

Southview, PA

#15 Jul 23, 2013
I was recently informed of a relative in custody of cys of Jefferson county. They waited 18 months after the infant was taken to notify family. I contacted them to tell them I wanted kinship of said child and was informed that I can have a visit with her but she will be staying where she is at. I thought they were supposed to keep families together??? Does anyone have advice or similar story??
Misssuzabella

New Bethlehem, PA

#16 Dec 3, 2013
Would anyone be willing to contact me personally about their issues? I have been fighting with Jefferson county CYS to get 3 kids out of the system. I am supposed to be their future adoptive mother chosen by the birth mother. CYS stated they closed her case, they lied, then took the 3 kids and placed them in a foster home in Brockway. We have gone to court 4 different times and each time the judge listens to CYS and not the private adoption agency or 2 adoptive families. We have a case as the dept of Public Welfare admitted they were wrong and screwed up but said it was too late as its in the judges hands. We are appealing to the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) for help and are trying to find other cases where parental rights were ignored. We have appealed to our state reps for help but they need to see a pattern from this agency.

Since: Dec 13

New Bethlehem, PA

#17 Dec 3, 2013
SadlyShewillneverknowus wrote:
I was recently informed of a relative in custody of cys of Jefferson county. They waited 18 months after the infant was taken to notify family. I contacted them to tell them I wanted kinship of said child and was informed that I can have a visit with her but she will be staying where she is at. I thought they were supposed to keep families together??? Does anyone have advice or similar story??
I am in a similar situation and are working with an adoption agency and a lawyer along with state reps to try and get this agency to start doing things properly. I would love to add your info to my list for the attorney.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reynoldsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 9 hr bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 12 hr Knows he lost 3,921
Kenny Rogers Rocks Pacc May '14 tired of crybabies 9
Borough Secretary Apr '14 nick 1
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Jul '13 republican 156
Flooding Closes Roadways in Jefferson County (Jun '13) Jul '13 pictures please 6
Desire Cemetary (May '13) May '13 A lil help 1
•••
•••
•••

Reynoldsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Reynoldsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••