Comments
301 - 320 of 434 Comments Last updated May 18, 2012
Oliver Twist

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#309
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Pr Jonah wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being rediculous in ignoring the facts of the Arab Spring. The problem in the Middle East is dictatorships which oppress their own Muslim people.
Locally, you would need to explain why Islamic and Jewish leaders in Columbus get along very well.
Your right, Jonah. The local Muslims get along very well with this city:

Somali Muslim, Nuradin Abdi was convicted in 2007 of planning to blow up an Ohio shopping mall.

Muslim convert, Iyman Faris was convicted in 2003 of planning to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge.

Muslim convert, Christopher Paul was convicted in 2008 of conspiring to use explosives against targets in the U.S. and Europe.

All three terrorists worshiped and socialized at a small mosque in Columbus, Ohio, and, according to David B. Smith, an attorney for Faris, were part of a larger group of jihadists and extremists who frequented the mosque.

The FBI now is investigating reports of links to that same mosque by Muslim-convert Abdulhakim Muhammad.

Imagine is right, these Muslims are out for blood and will not stop until all either worship Allah or die.
tip

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#310
May 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pr Jonah wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being rediculous in ignoring the facts of the Arab Spring. The problem in the Middle East is dictatorships which oppress their own Muslim people.
Locally, you would need to explain why Islamic and Jewish leaders in Columbus get along very well.
If you actually believe that the "Arab Spring" is a movement toward democracy, resulting in less oppression of Muslims, then you are not informed on the subject...or, alternatively, you're drunk...again. Worst case scenario, the thought of post-mortem sex turns you on.

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/04/27/egypts-isl...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#311
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Oliver Twist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, Jonah. The local Muslims get along very well with this city:
Somali Muslim, Nuradin Abdi was convicted in 2007 of planning to blow up an Ohio shopping mall.
Muslim convert, Iyman Faris was convicted in 2003 of planning to blow up the Brooklyn Bridge.
Muslim convert, Christopher Paul was convicted in 2008 of conspiring to use explosives against targets in the U.S. and Europe.
All three terrorists worshiped and socialized at a small mosque in Columbus, Ohio, and, according to David B. Smith, an attorney for Faris, were part of a larger group of jihadists and extremists who frequented the mosque.
The FBI now is investigating reports of links to that same mosque by Muslim-convert Abdulhakim Muhammad.
Imagine is right, these Muslims are out for blood and will not stop until all either worship Allah or die.
That criminals formed for themselves a "small mosque" has nothing to do with the mainstream Muslim community, who again, have leaders who are always working with local Jewish and Christian leaders. Anyone can try the stunt you are trying. Pick a crime done by small group or even individual and apply it to a larger group. On the face of it, it is complete abandonment of logic and sanity.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#312
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

tip wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually believe that the "Arab Spring" is a movement toward democracy, resulting in less oppression of Muslims, then you are not informed on the subject...or, alternatively, you're drunk...again. Worst case scenario, the thought of post-mortem sex turns you on.
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/04/27/egypts-isl...
Reading comprehension is not in your skill-set. I rendered no analysis of what political shape the various manifestations of the Arab Spring might take. What I pointed to was the objective fact that in each of those situations it is Muslims being oppressed by Muslims. It is only out of your agenda to be the wasp version of political extremism that you cannot read. You are addicted to hate.
tip

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#313
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pr Jonah wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading comprehension is not in your skill-set. I rendered no analysis of what political shape the various manifestations of the Arab Spring might take. What I pointed to was the objective fact that in each of those situations it is Muslims being oppressed by Muslims. It is only out of your agenda to be the wasp version of political extremism that you cannot read. You are addicted to hate.
Again, you miss the point.

Oppression of these Muslims stems from Islamic Sharia law enforced by their Islamic leaders.

There is no such thing as "peaceful" Islam.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#314
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you miss the point.
Oppression of these Muslims stems from Islamic Sharia law enforced by their Islamic leaders.
There is no such thing as "peaceful" Islam.
exactly

name 1 peaceful Islamic sector.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#315
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly name 1 peaceful Islamic sector.
The Fiqh Council of North America has specifically renounced terrorism and religious extremism:
http://www.cair.com/AmericanMuslims/AntiTerro...

Minhaj ul-Quran in 2010 published a 600 page fatwah strongly rejecting terrorism--to the extent of declaring that those who misuse jihad to commit murder move themselves beyond Islam and will choose for themselves an eternity of hell rather than paradise:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599...

There have been multiple other fatwahs by smaller groups renouncing terrorism and extremism.

This does not necessarily convince any extremist groups, however it should make clear that Islam is not a single entity with a single murderous direction.
Oliver Twist

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#316
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fiqh Council of North America has specifically renounced terrorism and religious extremism:
http://www.cair.com/AmericanMuslims/AntiTerro...
Minhaj ul-Quran in 2010 published a 600 page fatwah strongly rejecting terrorism--to the extent of declaring that those who misuse jihad to commit murder move themselves beyond Islam and will choose for themselves an eternity of hell rather than paradise:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599...
There have been multiple other fatwahs by smaller groups renouncing terrorism and extremism.
This does not necessarily convince any extremist groups, however it should make clear that Islam is not a single entity with a single murderous direction.
The only "peaceful Muslim" I know is you.

Did you see where the 9/ll defendents are demanding that all women in the jury wear hijab? Cheryl Borman, the female attorney for the criminals, wore a hijab in respect for the Moo Slum terrorists. The Muslims are demanding prayer breaks.

You just don't get it that we don't want to live under Sharia.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#317
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fiqh Council of North America has specifically renounced terrorism and religious extremism:
http://www.cair.com/AmericanMuslims/AntiTerro...
Minhaj ul-Quran in 2010 published a 600 page fatwah strongly rejecting terrorism--to the extent of declaring that those who misuse jihad to commit murder move themselves beyond Islam and will choose for themselves an eternity of hell rather than paradise:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599...
There have been multiple other fatwahs by smaller groups renouncing terrorism and extremism.
This does not necessarily convince any extremist groups, however it should make clear that Islam is not a single entity with a single murderous direction.
exactly how many terrorists have your said groups turned in?

how many radical Islamists have your said groups called out saying they wern't part of the Islam they follow?

exactly how many attempts to clean up a segment of their religion has occured?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#318
May 12, 2012
 
Oliver Twist wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "peaceful Muslim" I know is you.
Did you see where the 9/ll defendents are demanding that all women in the jury wear hijab? Cheryl Borman, the female attorney for the criminals, wore a hijab in respect for the Moo Slum terrorists. The Muslims are demanding prayer breaks.
You just don't get it that we don't want to live under Sharia.
great examples.

in Ohio prison pork is banned.

since when do criminals have say in anything?

The judge should grow some; and tell the defendant they have zero say in anything anymore.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#319
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Oliver Twist wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "peaceful Muslim" I know is you.
Did you see where the 9/ll defendents are demanding that all women in the jury wear hijab? Cheryl Borman, the female attorney for the criminals, wore a hijab in respect for the Moo Slum terrorists. The Muslims are demanding prayer breaks.
You just don't get it that we don't want to live under Sharia.
I saw that, along with assorted other high-jinks.

However, those were the 9/11 defendents. Trying to make a case that they are representative of all Muslims (and I am not a Muslim) is where the argument falls short.

Would you want to be judged by the antics of Andrs Breivik?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#320
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly how many terrorists have your said groups turned in?
how many radical Islamists have your said groups called out saying they wern't part of the Islam they follow?
exactly how many attempts to clean up a segment of their religion has occured?
That is a bit like asking how many Dominionists the Pope has called out.

I have not read the 600 pages of the most recent Fatwah, but then neither have you. From the Time article, it would seem that it is quite specific to excluding the specific behaviors from Islam. Does it name names? Well, I don't know. But I don't quite see how that would be a reasonable requirement.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#321
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
great examples.
in Ohio prison pork is banned.
since when do criminals have say in anything?
The judge should grow some; and tell the defendant they have zero say in anything anymore.
Ohio prisons have long provided non-pork meals to prisoners who do not eat pork for religious reasons (this would include Jews as well as Muslims).

The Constitution does allow for the protection of religious freedom even within prison walls--and this has a VERY long history.

What happened recently in Ohio was that in the midst of massive budget cuts in which a number of food items were removed (flavorings, like koolaid, for water, coffee, some prisons have gone from three to two meals), it was determined that it was cheaper to simply eliminate pork altogether, rather than continue to practice of providing pork-free meals to some.
Oliver Twist

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#322
May 12, 2012
 
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that, along with assorted other high-jinks.
However, those were the 9/11 defendents. Trying to make a case that they are representative of all Muslims (and I am not a Muslim) is where the argument falls short.
Would you want to be judged by the antics of Andrs Breivik?
I already said that Breivak was a terrorist and deranged! Breivak is like Timothy McVeigh and can't be compared to conservative posters.

Oliver Twist

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#323
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohio prisons have long provided non-pork meals to prisoners who do not eat pork for religious reasons (this would include Jews as well as Muslims).
The Constitution does allow for the protection of religious freedom even within prison walls--and this has a VERY long history.
What happened recently in Ohio was that in the midst of massive budget cuts in which a number of food items were removed (flavorings, like koolaid, for water, coffee, some prisons have gone from three to two meals), it was determined that it was cheaper to simply eliminate pork altogether, rather than continue to practice of providing pork-free meals to some.
The pork ban was in response to one Muslim!

It was the first step in recognition of Sharia Law in Ohio.
That is how Muslim get their way.

First the prisons ban pork, and then Muslims at Target refuse to handle pork and next look for Gene Harris and Imam Coleman to ban pork in Columbus City Schools.

Wake up before you are forced to wear a burka like the female attorney for the 9/11 defendants!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#324
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Oliver Twist wrote:
<quoted text>
The pork ban was in response to one Muslim!
It was the first step in recognition of Sharia Law in Ohio.
That is how Muslim get their way.
First the prisons ban pork, and then Muslims at Target refuse to handle pork and next look for Gene Harris and Imam Coleman to ban pork in Columbus City Schools.
Wake up before you are forced to wear a burka like the female attorney for the 9/11 defendants!
To ban something would mean to completely disallow it. I don't believe that Ohio's prisons are turning back any personally obtained pork, any more than they would be turning back any personally obtained koolaid or coffee.

But it is interesting that so much of the public is interested in defending some supposed right of prisoners to eat pork.

And the attorney defending the 9/11 defendents made her own choice to wear hajib (I don't believe she is wearing a burka) in order to provide the best defense possible for her clients. Some of this may be simply showmanship--I don't know. But she had a variety of choices.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#325
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Oliver Twist wrote:
<quoted text>
I already said that Breivak was a terrorist and deranged! Breivak is like Timothy McVeigh and can't be compared to conservative posters.
And a good many Muslims, both individually and through groups have condemned terrorism.

Yet, it doesn't seem to make any difference in how you see any of them.
Hog Farmer

Plain City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#326
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohio prisons have long provided non-pork meals to prisoners who do not eat pork for religious reasons (this would include Jews as well as Muslims).
The Constitution does allow for the protection of religious freedom even within prison walls--and this has a VERY long history.
What happened recently in Ohio was that in the midst of massive budget cuts in which a number of food items were removed (flavorings, like koolaid, for water, coffee, some prisons have gone from three to two meals), it was determined that it was cheaper to simply eliminate pork altogether, rather than continue to practice of providing pork-free meals to some.
You really do think you know everything and everything!

Pork has been banned by the Department of Rehab and Corrections and it has hurt me personally a lot of my friends. What people like you don't understand that it is more than just pork producers, its also farm workers, family farmers, butcher shops, convenience stores, hog slaughter facilities and too many other people that have been hurt. How since many of these people live in small towns people like you don't seem to care. You are about Muslims more than hard working people like me, my family and friends.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#327
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you miss the point.
Oppression of these Muslims stems from Islamic Sharia law enforced by their Islamic leaders.
There is no such thing as "peaceful" Islam.
lol. Mubarak was not an Islamic leader. He was a secularist. He maintained the illegal status of the Muslim Brotherhood. Saddam Hussein was of the Ba'ath Party, a secularist socialist party.\

I an alumnist of the School of International Service of The American University where my concentrates were the Middle East Regional System and US. & Comparative Foreign Policy.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#328
May 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I am...even when I drink.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reynoldsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Columbus, OH 1 hr They cannot kill ... 66
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Jerry K 30,231
ISIS beheads James Foley 3 hr Free Pizza 4 U 89
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Neutral Party 3,113
Apartments in good neighborhood 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Lobbyist pleads guilty to federal corruption ch... (Dec '13) 3 hr swedenforever 13
Uber, Lyft apply for licenses in Columbus 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2

Search the Reynoldsburg Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Reynoldsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Reynoldsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Reynoldsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reynoldsburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••