Multiple 18-wheeler accident snarls traffic for hours

Feb 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro

Fog can be a hazardous condition to drive in. It has the power to reduce visibility to ¼ mile or less, according to the National Weather Service.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Judged:

Praying for the woman who was in serious condition after this wreck...
Thanks once again

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Judged:

Thanks to all highway dept workers, firefighters police department officers and dispatch workers, ambulance workers and everyone else who helped.
SeenItAll

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Judged:

I was there, just a few cars behind, as it happened. It was one of the worst wrecks I've ever seen!!!

Visibility was a few car lengths at best. The fire, first responders, police, etc. were there in (it seemed like) a matter of minutes. They were incredible. The traffic direction was a mess. They should have had someone about a 1/2 mile back in both directions stopping people BEFORE they came up on the wreck. Instead of having you come a block before the wreck and then telling you to turn around. This is what messed held the highway up. They should have been diverted through Datto and Reyno, from the other end.

Kudos to all the people who jumped in and saved the day!
b goodwin

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

SeenItAll wrote:
I was there, just a few cars behind, as it happened. It was one of the worst wrecks I've ever seen!!!
Visibility was a few car lengths at best. The fire, first responders, police, etc. were there in (it seemed like) a matter of minutes. They were incredible. The traffic direction was a mess. They should have had someone about a 1/2 mile back in both directions stopping people BEFORE they came up on the wreck. Instead of having you come a block before the wreck and then telling you to turn around. This is what messed held the highway up. They should have been diverted through Datto and Reyno, from the other end.
Kudos to all the people who jumped in and saved the day!
I was there too and the wrecker company was telling me the idot cops didnt know what they were doing told me to make a uturn and go bk thru dato. After the cops told me and the guy behind me to stay put. Hell you couldnt see to turn around. For one thing they were getting out the people hurt and these cops and firemen just doing a job, tow company loved it making money and making fun of trained professionals i stayed in my car until an officer came and made sure i could turn around safely. He asked me if I had seen the wreck i told him no but came upon it not long after and just pulled off to side. Then some smart### from the wrecker told me to get out of the way utrun and go to datto i said the officer told me to stay thats when he called them idiots and for me to turn around and get out of the way. I chose to listen to the officer. Who are these people (tow co) do they have the right to tell me what to do. I was shaked but have no skills to get out and help unless asked so i just sat there. Cops firemen did a great job . but need to put the tow service in their place. Not telling people what when we had been asked to stay put by the law to do me and the gentleman behind me we were told by officer hawkins thanks for staying out of the way and waiting for him to ask us if we had seen anything. He by far was not an idiot and showed professionalism wanting to make sure we got turned around safely.and that emergency services had a chance to get there and not have people on the hwy to get in their way.
Idiots

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

The wrecker driver needed his arse whipped the sorry puke. The fatass cops need to learn how to take charge. The fatass poky cops were making a mess directing the traffic. Dumbass Bailey and grooms at your service.
slingshot

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

it certainly was a mess. good job everyone that helped

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

It was probably everyone's chance to be a "one day hero" and get to act like they were in charge and smarter than those truly trained to do that job...standing on the sidelines acting like hot shots, because they are not part of the rescue squad nor police.
Even a facebook post indicates the tow company's true/sick motive, referred to it as "going to be a good day", once he got the call.
how sad

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
It was probably everyone's chance to be a "one day hero" and get to act like they were in charge and smarter than those truly trained to do that job...standing on the sidelines acting like hot shots, because they are not part of the rescue squad nor police.
Even a facebook post indicates the tow company's true/sick motive, referred to it as "going to be a good day", once he got the call.
Saw the facebook post to how very sad that someone's accident can make your day. This is just proof that comp tow and repair owners are not good people. Preying on bad wrecks and screwing insurance companys. It will be a good day when citizens and the police and fire and rescue squads here how the know it alls talk about them and how stupid and idiots they are. I personally think we have a pretty good bunch of rescue forces and dedicated to the community they have to be for what they make. so winebaughs keep stabbing people and taking advantage of bad situations it will come back around.

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Anyone know how the lady driver taken to Med is doing?
personal thought

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

piss on competition tow! I would call someone from Walnut Ridge before I would call someone who made a happy remark about a wreck where people got hurt!

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

are they our only choice in town? Who else tows? That remark the younger boy made on his FB page made up my mind to not ever do business with them.
IMO1

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Its a business thats how they make a living to clean up streets and wrecks sure they might over charge then why do u go to them hell doctors are happy ppl get sick its how they make there money mortitions love when ppk die its how they make there money im sure in a way the young man was happy to see a wreck to make money and sad when he seen how bad it was im srry but comp towin has done nothing for my uncle who was blind they didnt take advantage of him. They helped him with his bill and service
former empolyee

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Judged:

IMO1 wrote:
Its a business thats how they make a living to clean up streets and wrecks sure they might over charge then why do u go to them hell doctors are happy ppl get sick its how they make there money mortitions love when ppk die its how they make there money im sure in a way the young man was happy to see a wreck to make money and sad when he seen how bad it was im srry but comp towin has done nothing for my uncle who was blind they didnt take advantage of him. They helped him with his bill and service
I have heard cindie when they had the gas station say wish we would have a big truck wreck. so dont compare this to dtrs. and funeral homes. Most doctors want to prevent sickness and death is just a life process, and no one wishes for it. A wreck is just bad, This sounds like you trying to cover up running your mouth again. Using facebook to be happy about a wreck never seen the funeral home or dtrs office do that. And if police and rescue workers do it they should be fired. They also don't call people idiots. When you get your licence to be a DTR. or EMT or FIREFIGHTER or OWN A FUNERAL HOME you take an oath to be honest and kind and thrive on not doing business. Hope you learn a lesson, wish you no ill but what goes around comes around. I would cover my face in town cause alot of people are talking about this.
Closer to Corning

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

guest wrote:
are they our only choice in town? Who else tows? That remark the younger boy made on his FB page made up my mind to not ever do business with them.
Were there no options in Corning? The accident occured several miles closer to Corning than Pocahontas. Comp Towing seems to have the larger equipment needed to clean up the big 18 wheeler messes. No one has mentioned the cause of the accident. Were the 18 wheelers going too fast for conditions? In almost zero visibility the trucks should have been traveling at a snails pace.

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

how's the woman? what was the comment made on facebook?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

guest wrote:
how's the woman? what was the comment made on facebook?
Copied and pasted from his facebook page:

Steven Winebaugh
Off for a month and 3 18 wheelers hit each other.....gonna b a good day
No doubt

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Copied and pasted from his facebook page:
Steven Winebaugh
Off for a month and 3 18 wheelers hit each other.....gonna b a good day
This is not shocking to me I'd say that runs In the family

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Judged:

no concern for the injured.
pros or clowns

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Judged:

They need to be boycotted!
janet

Waupun, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Judged:

are you people crazy sarah could have lost her life in that accident and all your concerned about is some towing company what about the jackass guy that was hauling the grain and blew the stop sogn to cause the accident sarah has seriouse injuries that are going to take alot of time to recover from so maybe your concern should be with her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reyno Discussions

Search the Reyno Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know what heath jones is up too? 31 min TheOne-TheOnly 1
Scott Meredith? (Apr '12) 4 hr Just-Sayin 4
Ivy Johnson (Nov '08) 4 hr Just-wondering 15
Council member 7 hr and the winner is 2
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 hr guest 29,059
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 12 hr whiskers 9,792
Mayor Gary Hart (Mar '13) 15 hr Another resident 103
•••
•••
•••
•••

Reyno Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Reyno People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE