Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatme...

Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clayton County Jail

There are 82 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clayton County Jail. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Inmates at the Clayton County Jail have complained that when Sheriff Victor Hill walks through the jail they have to stop what they're doing, turn away from him and stand at attention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

“Liberals are insane.”

Since: Jan 10

Jacksonville, FL

#66 Mar 6, 2011
Coco wrote:
For those of you who think its okay to be treated in the manor that these boys are being treated, your just as pathetic!! I dont care if they are in jail, prison, wherever its wrong! And half of you act like you never did any wrong GET REAL IDIOTS!! I dont think it funny, i dont think its fair, neither do i think a statement like that should have been posted. It was posted as though someone thought it was cute. Such idiots!!
I don't think being in jail is funny.

I do think people replying here with stuff like "Well, I was breaking the whatever law but when I was thrown in jail for it I was treated bad" replies are really just completely brain dead hilarious.

Jail should be as unpleasant of a place as possible.

Don't go to jail.

Hampton, GA

#67 Oct 15, 2011
I don't like animal be I would treat one better than Clayton County.

Hampton, GA

#68 Oct 15, 2011
Stop the madness wrote:
<quoted text> He must be a paper pusher, or a fueler.
I do not ever know what you are talking about he has been there for week I see you do his for a living

Hampton, GA

#69 Oct 15, 2011
It could be you not one of us knows where we will be tommorow.

Hampton, GA

#70 Oct 15, 2011
come on talk to me big mouth

Hampton, GA

#71 Oct 15, 2011
I can not hear you please reply smart butt

Hampton, GA

#72 Oct 15, 2011
new to this but I am waiting on you

Hampton, GA

#73 Oct 15, 2011
God has a purpose for each and everyone of us. We all have problems it's not where we are but where we are going.

Mcdonough, GA

#74 Oct 18, 2011
itz all bad up in det bitch it be col as hell an you can only get under the covers from 12 to 4 wtf me and my patna got locke up for loitering wtf bon wuz 25000 wtf

United States

#75 Nov 26, 2011
jizzle wrote:
itz all bad up in det bitch it be col as hell an you can only get under the covers from 12 to 4 wtf me and my patna got locke up for loitering wtf bon wuz 25000 wtf
They should make you stay until you get an education. I know stuff is bad there but you're an illiterate bitch!

Duluth, GA

#76 Mar 19, 2013
As I say. Victor hill is a piece of crap!He has a authority issue!Turn to the wall!! What ever u do your family better stay well while u r there. This is jail but ppl r still humans! Well maybe not victor

Duluth, GA

#77 Mar 19, 2013
cissy wrote:
For those of you who think these inmates deserve to be treated this way
you are no different from victor hill.
I heard once that over 90% of inmates there are for drug charges this is not what they need there is no rehabilitation no help whatsoever. Beating,belittling them,starving them so they will have to spend more at the store, this week my husband was only allowed one shower thats inhumane.I will send him mail he does not recieve it for three or four days.
. All these ppl are allowed are 1 visit per week victor hill is a joke!Idk who he thinks he is!He is a coward! Come on most of these inmates are in there for minor drug charges!Give them a chance to rehilbilatate! They have a problem called addiction!I have never thought a person should go to jail for this crap!Lets get them some real help!Huh???

Since: Mar 13

Duluth, GA

#78 Mar 19, 2013
jizzle wrote:
come on jizzel taking english or something do you know how to spell?? This is the crap that most of us r sick of! Patna Wth is that?Really? Did u go to school man?

Jonesboro, GA

#79 Aug 15, 2013
All i know is i was locked in clayton "satan" county and that was the worst time ever in my life. Conditions are poor. Okay, you're in jail. But you're still a human and they are trained to not give a fuck. Power hungry and cowards. I can deal with a lot of stuff but NOBODY should have to go thru the stuff that lil chump sheriff put ppl thru.

Lake Worth, FL

#80 Jun 16, 2014
I was an inmate at the jail. Did you know that most people in there are there for simple traffic violations? They couldn't pay there tickets. I was there because I was falsely accused of battery which I spent 3 weeks just to go to court. It was a bad situation, and yes they really treat them so bad I'm sure it isn't legal.
Terence Baker

Forest Park, GA

#81 Aug 15, 2014
Military style. Huh. If I turned my back on my sergeant.. Complete disrespect. Victor Hill grow an inch. We all answer to God. Turn your back and say "officer on deck" to OUR FATHER! You live with yourself and be happy. What you sow you shall reap

Since: Aug 14

Jonesboro, GA

#82 Aug 29, 2014
I know many people that have been through that jail... It's cruel and unusual punishment... I know how the CCPD and CCSO have treated me personally... My home has been searched at gunpoint twice without a warrant while they were looking for someone that I had ALREADY told them where to find the person. I was recently cited by CCSO for failure to yield. It happened because two CCSO cars were racing each other going at least 60 in a 35 mph zone w/o sirens or flashers and their vehicles weren't identifiable from the front as police cars... When I pointed out what they did and that I was disappointed in their behavior I was screamed at by the make officer for 5 minutes and multiple times told I was about to be thrown in jail for being disorderly if I spoke -The police and Sherriffs here are worse than the criminals... EVERYONE in the county knows or should know because this has gone on for decades. I've lived here since 1973. The cops here that aren't "bad" have their blue wall of silence for the ones that are and are just as guilty.

Stockbridge, GA

#84 Sep 6, 2014
Cheers, all. Just to update this post from 2008, all of it is true. I served a couple of hours in the Clayton County jail laye 2013 at 18 years old– I wanted to eat the barrel of a pistol when I got out.

I was with a friend at the Walmart by CSU (as a student) and he was shoplifting a candy bar (not to my knowledge). Both of us got arrested because I refused to surrender my ID without a reason (after being detained). The sarcastic brute of a rent-a-cop kept laughing, a Caucasian officer sat in the back with a smug look on his face, and an African-American Officer Brown (funny, huh?) came to take us away.

We spent 2 hours in a holding cell. Then we spent a good hour in another. I remember one man with most of his teeth gone making fun of me because I don't do drugs. Most others got arrested for domestic violence or getting caught with weed.

Then after we were stripped down, we were given orange one-pieces. We weren' allowed to keep our underwear or clothes. The uniforms were VERY unsanitary and most didn't fit.

We then spent another 2 hours in the same cell. We were then sent to "briefing" where an officer told us everything we needed to know. He wasn't rude.

Yes, Victor is a little bitch. He is as honest as a cop bargaining your freedom before you're arrested.

You are taught how to fold the end sheet on each roll of toilet paper into a V (for Victor). If Victor comes into the room, you must drop what you're doing and run to the wall and touch your nose to it.

Clayton County is a joke and a blemish on the face of Georgia. They're starving so hard for revenue that they arrest citizens for bullshit reasons hoping they won't fight back. I argued several things in court and won:

Wrongful arrest– The friend testified that I had no knowledge of his own wrongdoing. The officer was aware of that and arrested me anyway.

Damages (pain and suffering)– Being arrested on top of it being wrongful was traumatic in that I was at the time in counseling at CSU for depression and anxiety. To this day I still am.

The officer was investigated by internal affairs and shortly thereafter resigned before termination, she apparently had a record of wrongful arrests!

My main point in conclusion is this– Clayton county is doing no better than it was 4 years ago. All inmates are adequately equipped with bedding, but the food is understandably shitty (inmates don't eat good food). They arrest hardworking citizens in an attempt to gain revenue, yet restrict those citizens from becoming hardworking, productive members of society. That's what happens when you put complete idiots in charge. They're shooting themselves in the foot so often they can't even feel it to stop anymore.

Saint Marys, GA

#85 Sep 7, 2014
Don't comit crimes
Ms Williams

Riverdale, GA

#86 Nov 12, 2014
My girlfriend recently got locked up on a Saturday of November she's been ill-treated by two female guards taking her bed, phone privileges and visitations and given her another 72hrs of orientation. They've even went as far as cutting off the phone while it was in use. She hasn't been issued not even a change of jumpsuit since then and she's in that hell hold for a misdemeanor. Something must be done cause she's by far a criminal it's very inhumane after all put yourself in her shoes being picked on for nothing. Cnn will definitely have a great story investigating Clayton county's jail system and how things are operating behind those walls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rex Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clay... (Aug '07) Nov 16 concerned citizen 261
Short ram intake suggestions Nov 15 Anonymous 1
housing and crime (Mar '13) Oct 31 Bob 3
looking for someone (Jan '10) Oct '15 Helping 4
Review: ATTVS LLC Oct '15 Chickee 1
News Former FirstBank execs indicted, fraud alleged (Mar '11) Sep '15 Topless and brain... 8
Review: Worldclass Child Care (Jul '11) Sep '15 Lll 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rex Mortgages