really

Cambridge, MA

#21 Apr 18, 2013
harry bush wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha you work in city hall or for the city of everett. Even if he does get elected again he will be getting indicted..
I'm not a fan, but put up or shut up with rumors and innuendoes. This is the kind of nasty politics that people are tired of!
Fran

Malden, MA

#22 Apr 18, 2013
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows what you know. He has already announced his candidacy.Good luck to him. 4 more years of Carlo- UNTHINKABLE!
When did he announce?
everett

Stoneham, MA

#23 Apr 18, 2013
harry bush wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha you work in city hall or for the city of everett. Even if he does get elected again he will be getting indicted..
Indicted for what? Did I miss something?
harry bush

Roslindale, MA

#24 Apr 18, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a fan, but put up or shut up with rumors and innuendoes. This is the kind of nasty politics that people are tired of!
No you shut up i have a right to my opinion you jerk off. Either your blind and stupid if you think it wont happen it happens to pretty much everyone these days. And as for nasty politics thats kind of a oxy moron. Nasty and politics goes hand in hand. Also im tired of people like you pal, i can back up what i say so maybe you should too.
really

Cambridge, MA

#25 Apr 18, 2013
harry bush wrote:
<quoted text>
No you shut up i have a right to my opinion you jerk off. Either your blind and stupid if you think it wont happen it happens to pretty much everyone these days. And as for nasty politics thats kind of a oxy moron. Nasty and politics goes hand in hand. Also im tired of people like you pal, i can back up what i say so maybe you should too.
Saying a person is being indicted is NOT an opinion moron, it's a serious allegation with no proof. Show the proof or stop slandering people.

Back it up pal.
Rug Doctor

Raleigh, NC

#26 Apr 18, 2013
Fran wrote:
<quoted text>When did he announce?
an email that got forwarded to me by a friend
Dear Friends -
During my twelve years as a member of the Board of Aldermen, I have been guided by a single philosophy – to make Everett a better place within which to live, work and raise a family. With that guiding philosophy in mind – and with a deep belief that a return to greatness is on the horizon for our City – I write today to inform you of my candidacy for Mayor of the City of Everett.
Over the past several years, we have watched as our City budget has exploded; our taxes have substantially increased; our housing values have plummeted; gang and drug activity has escalated; our ability to realize meaningful economic development and attract new business has been virtually non-existent; and unqualified political allies have been hired by the current Administration into jobs for which they have no experience. Allowing the same old political winds to prevail at City Hall is hardly the blueprint to follow if we are to work toward a better Everett.
Our ability to move toward a better Everett begins with real and meaningful economic development. History has shown that a vision with no action is nothing more than an unfulfilled dream. For far too long, the people of Everett have heard various grand visions for economic development, but there has been little to no movement to bring those visions to reality. In fact, the current Administration’s economic development strategy has left the old High School vacant during its entire tenure in office, has left the Revere Beach Parkway relatively undeveloped, and has left Everett and Glendale Squares looking just as they did when this Administration took office.
We can do better, but I need your help. Please sign up to volunteer on our campaign today.
Since the beginning of Fiscal Year 2008, the City budget has exploded by $35,430,146. This amounts to a staggering spending increase of $19,413.78 per day for each day since the first day of Fiscal Year 2008. In Fiscal Year 2008, our residential tax rate was $10.35 per thousand of valuation. It is currently $15.52 per thousand of valuation – an increase of more than $5 on the rate alone! In Fiscal Year 2008, our commercial tax rate was $24.61. Today, it is $41.66 – likely the highest in all of Massachusetts! Poor fiscal management and a continuing inability to spend your tax dollars wisely has greatly impacted our City’s ability to move forward. We can do better.
We can do better, but I need your help. Please sign up to volunteer on our campaign today.
Safe streets and safe neighborhoods are critical to our success as a community. Whether through attrition or unilateral budget reductions, the current Administration has allowed staffing levels in the Police Department to fall below levels that – all stakeholders agree – are insufficient to combat Everett’s prevalent and escalating gang and drug problem. If we cannot commit to invest in our critical public safety needs, our City will continue to struggle with its escalating crime and drug problems.
Confronting the challenges we will face as a community over the next several years requires a Mayor with a steady hand, and an understanding of what it will take to get the job done. A Mayor must not only lead the fight to invest in public safety, our schools, our veterans, our seniors and our infrastructure, he or she must also lead the fight on behalf of the taxpayers without whom no government could survive.
Rug Doctor

Raleigh, NC

#27 Apr 18, 2013
Over the next several months, I will present a new vision – a better vision – of how to move our city forward and make the City of Everett the vibrant community its residents and business owners deserve. As a skilled municipal attorney with several years of first-hand experience confronting the difficult challenges many communities face today, I believe I bring a unique background and skill set to lead our City as Mayor at a time when leadership is so desperately needed. With a great sense of humility and respect, I ask for your vote and I ask that you join me as we work together to build a better Everett.
Sincerely,
Alderman Robert Van Campen
Candidate for Mayor
justy

Roslindale, MA

#28 Apr 18, 2013
the mayor is a good man stop all the non sense!
Rug Doctor

Raleigh, NC

#29 Apr 18, 2013
justy wrote:
no comment!! naaa just one. DeMaria backed Gallucchio enough said
No way

Malden, MA

#30 Apr 18, 2013
justy wrote:
The mayor is an incompetent buffoon!
Better Everett

Cambridge, MA

#31 Apr 25, 2013
Millie Cardello pulled papers to tun for Mayor this week
hey mayor

Boston, MA

#32 Apr 25, 2013
why did the police dept take down the web site for most wanted, it was a great tool for us the citizens of everett and now hasn't been updated since january. come on mr mayor you know the reason why.
Everett resident

Malden, MA

#33 Apr 27, 2013
Rug Doctor wrote:
Over the next several months, I will present a new vision – a better vision – of how to move our city forward and make the City of Everett the vibrant community its residents and business owners deserve. As a skilled municipal attorney with several years of first-hand experience confronting the difficult challenges many communities face today, I believe I bring a unique background and skill set to lead our City as Mayor at a time when leadership is so desperately needed. With a great sense of humility and respect, I ask for your vote and I ask that you join me as we work together to build a better Everett.
Sincerely,
Alderman Robert Van Campen
Candidate for Mayor
This has been here say fir as long as I can recall has he actually filed the paperwork to run for Mayor?
Ted

Cambridge, MA

#34 Apr 28, 2013
Everett resident wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been here say fir as long as I can recall has he actually filed the paperwork to run for Mayor?
YES!
www.robertvancampen.com
Tony

Everett, MA

#35 Apr 28, 2013
hey mayor wrote:
why did the police dept take down the web site for most wanted, it was a great tool for us the citizens of everett and now hasn't been updated since january. come on mr mayor you know the reason why.
WHY ????? please tell

Since: Apr 08

Malden, MA

#36 Apr 29, 2013
Im voting for anyone else but DeMaria, after he raised my taxes. And anyone who votes for a mayor that raises his or her taxes is a complete idiot. Because if he wins again, taxes will go up again.
Everett Resident I

Malden, MA

#37 Apr 29, 2013
Agree w/u No Hope .....
Rug Doctor

Marlton, NJ

#38 Apr 29, 2013
Everett resident wrote:
<quoted text>
ce on now Everett Resident, you doubting the Rug Doctor?

Since: Apr 08

Malden, MA

#39 Apr 30, 2013
Remember, these politcians work for us, it is us who they have to respond to and not us to respond to them. I would not mind paying these taxes if I lived in a better city, or in downtown Boston, but Everett ???

Vote no for Demaria
everett

Stoneham, MA

#40 Apr 30, 2013
No hope in Everett wrote:
Remember, these politcians work for us, it is us who they have to respond to and not us to respond to them. I would not mind paying these taxes if I lived in a better city, or in downtown Boston, but Everett ???
Vote no for Demaria
I say cut your losses, sell your house and move out. Things are never going to get better here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fred Foresteire (Jan '13) 20 min EverettCitizen 242
How can we get Everett Police scanner online? 1 hr Wevr Radio 3
News Climate change should not be 'partisan issue,' ... 3 hr Born in the USA 129
With Trump, does anyone see a return of manufac... 12 hr johnny23440 1
Phillip Aleo (May '15) 13 hr Turtle 19
What color are the resident parking stickers th... 16 hr everett 3
Violent Crime Continues Sun GotOutOfDodge 6

Revere Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Revere Mortgages