Crime Stats Are Down In Everett ??

Crime Stats Are Down In Everett ??

Posted in the Revere Forum

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#1 Apr 19, 2013
The Everett Leader Herald did an article stating that crime stats are down in Everett. Such as purse snatching, thefts of cars, B-E's ext ext.

What they did not report is the NEW CRIME of 2000 such as DRUG ARRESTS, SHOOTINGS,KILLINGS,BANK ROBBERIES,STABBINGS, ext,ext,ext.

Its obvious that the Mayor wants to city to look good with low crime to convince its citizens to allow the casino to come to Everett, but what the was neglected in the article is that we have new crimes in the city to deal with which has escalated.
Elliot

Malden, MA

#2 Apr 19, 2013
No hope in Everett wrote:
The Everett Leader Herald did an article stating that crime stats are down in Everett. Such as purse snatching, thefts of cars, B-E's ext ext.
What they did not report is the NEW CRIME of 2000 such as DRUG ARRESTS, SHOOTINGS,KILLINGS,BANK ROBBERIES,STABBINGS, ext,ext,ext.
Its obvious that the Mayor wants to city to look good with low crime to convince its citizens to allow the casino to come to Everett, but what the was neglected in the article is that we have new crimes in the city to deal with which has escalated.
They went to the same class as FFF.The schools are among the lowest in the state.Well if you take this number and put it here and subtract this from the last time it snowed in July , oh look we are among the best.
Rug Doctor

Syracuse, NY

#3 Apr 19, 2013
I was just looking at these stats on the FBI website yesterday....and they're a lot different results than the Everett newspapers results
Lifelong

Everett, MA

#4 Apr 19, 2013
Can you post a link, Rug Doctor?
obvious

United States

#5 Apr 20, 2013
data manipulation + cherry picking the best results = gee aren't things just great here!
Save Our City

Lawrence, MA

#6 Apr 21, 2013
CERTAIN crimes are down. They are SPINNING the numbers. What about the shootings, stabbings, the gang activity that has infested this city the last few years. Where is the gang unit Chief? THERE ISNT ONE!!! The problem is you have a Chief who was NEVER a street cop. He lives in his gated community a million miles away and is nothing but a paper pusher.
Ted

Cambridge, MA

#7 Apr 21, 2013
According to the mayor, there are NO gangs in Everett. He also says are streets are safe, his wife has no problem walking them.I wonder if she goes down to Walgreens in the evening?
everett

Stoneham, MA

#8 Apr 21, 2013
Ted wrote:
According to the mayor, there are NO gangs in Everett. He also says are streets are safe, his wife has no problem walking them.I wonder if she goes down to Walgreens in the evening?
I wonder if she still lives in Everett.
Here Me

Malden, MA

#9 Apr 21, 2013
That fat ASS of a mayor and the corrupt Everett papers want the Everett taxpayers to think that the crime rate has gone down. Bull crap he is nuts just look what has happened in Everett these past 6 months and even more with the killings robberies fires thefts drug busts and everything else including the corrupt city government we have he is nuts. As other people posted and noted about the stats do not match what the mayor stated or Everett police they are both nuts.

When will the people of Everett ever wake up and stop voting these nuts into office. If you plan on staying or moving to Everett take a hard look what you might be getting yourself or your family into. A never ending corrupt political city that is going down down down never to rebound to the city it once was.
Save Our City

Lawrence, MA

#10 Apr 21, 2013
Look at the TOTAL INEXPERIENCE of people in Dep. Head positions:

NOONAN(DPW): Zero experience
CODY(911l): Now Auditor wth even less.

MAZZIE: Never a street cop, never ran a shift.
GREGORY: Parking clerk. Most hated at City Hall
MASTROCOLA: 911 Director wth ZERO communication or dispatch experience

Hey Carlo, how about putting someone wth SOME knowledge of the Departments they are going to be running. A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY work the hours they are paid...WAKE UP 3RD FLOOR BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!
stan

Concord, MA

#11 Apr 22, 2013
Lifelong wrote:
Can you post a link, Rug Doctor?
he cant cause he is a fraud
FED UP

Wellesley Hills, MA

#12 Apr 22, 2013
That report came out the same day my house was burglarized at 3:00 in the afternoon!!! City is a total ghetto!
BACK IN EVERETT

Lynn, MA

#13 Apr 22, 2013
We had a shooting in Everett Sq last Sat night, A stabbing at Diva's Bar on Ferry St., a murder on
chelsea St.,a murder on Pearl St., and so on. and our crime rate is down, please, the Mayor has no clue. And the NewsPapers have the right and should be printing the truth, to let the people of Everett know what's REALLY going on in this city.
Jonny

Ardsley, NY

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Save Our City wrote:
Look at the TOTAL INEXPERIENCE of people in Dep. Head positions:
NOONAN(DPW): Zero experience
CODY(911l): Now Auditor wth even less.
MAZZIE: Never a street cop, never ran a shift.
GREGORY: Parking clerk. Most hated at City Hall
MASTROCOLA: 911 Director wth ZERO communication or dispatch experience
Hey Carlo, how about putting someone wth SOME knowledge of the Departments they are going to be running. A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY work the hours they are paid...WAKE UP 3RD FLOOR BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!
haha Mazzie was a patrolman and a sergeant before becoming chief please tell me more about what you don't know
All American

Detroit, MI

#15 Apr 22, 2013
Jonny wrote:
<quoted text>haha Mazzie was a patrolman and a sergeant before becoming chief please tell me more about what you don't know
Don't care if the Mayor and the Chief of Police walked next to Jesus himself...they are both full of crap...
DPW Veteran

Lawrence, MA

#16 Apr 29, 2013
Hey Jonny I talk to these guys all the time he NEVER did the job, right out of the academy and into the DARE program he thinks he is better than everyone else. He has NEVER ran a shift, never worked details, he has ZERO clue what goes on on the streets of this city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everett pool...disgrace 26 min EverettCitizen 4
News Sausage Maker Moving to Medford 3 hr Jimmy Dean 3
News Did Kelly's invent the roast beef sandwich? Eit... (May '15) 5 hr Matter of taste 3
News Police Briefs 07-20-2011 (Aug '11) 22 hr EverettCitizen 40
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Saugus (Aug '15) 22 hr Yesenia P 5
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Thu Greed is good 26
News Man Wins $10 Million in Lottery Trying to Buy a... (Jan '15) Wed Beauregard Cons 18

Revere Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Revere Mortgages