Last Post Wins
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

#10838 May 7, 2013
Oh, I understand Dickens. I've been planning one for a long while. Last one was in 92. I was down sick once for a while and was off from work, but I don't count that as a vacation.

“Here comes Peter Cottontail”

Since: Jun 11

Happy Easter!

#10841 May 8, 2013
Hi Everyone! It's Wednesday afternoon.....the slide into the weekend will gather momentum now!

It is so pretty here today. I'm loving our sunshine. And all the little baby green tomatoes stretched and said, Wheee!

:)

Happy Easter!

#10842 May 8, 2013
Ok. I exaggerated. I'm not ever sure if the tomato plants have bloomed yet. But you have to admit, it was a cute thought, tiny baby tomatoes soaking in the sunshine. Right?

EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

#10843 May 8, 2013
Yes, it was very cute especially knowing plants have feelings. I watched a show on MythBusters where they experimented using exact same plants, soil and conditions with the exception of human interaction. They tried everything from at first sweet talking and then yelling and moved into using music. I would never believed what music actually made a difference and caused the plants to grow faster. Those little buggers like gothic music. It caused them to take off like no amount of sweet talking could do.
Other experimenters have hooked up sensors on plants and then clipped off pieces. The plant would register the pain and would move the needle that they said was a scream. Every time I mowed the lawn after that, I could imagine all of the blades of grass screaming in pain. I know, I know. I need a life. lol
Good night everyone.
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

#10845 May 17, 2013
Hello Doll

Happy Easter!

#10846 May 17, 2013
Good afternoon EB, Doll, and all other Whitley City posters!

I think Tennessee has shifted down and become part of the Rain Forest! It has rained steadily all day, mostly a fine mist falling. Everything is drippy wet, and oh so lush and green. And if it's this pretty in West Tennessee, I can imagine how beautiful it is in the hilly areas of Kentucky!

I hope everyone has had a nice day. This weather makes me sleepy.

EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

#10847 May 18, 2013
Poor Dickens. We too have had a terrible spring. I'm afraid that now it will turn blistering hot and prevent us from enjoying the summer.
However, today is nice and I'm going to enjoy it even while I'm working. Everyone be blessed.
Cletus

Sunbright, TN

#10848 May 18, 2013
Over here in the hollow the honeysuckle is a blooming,wooperwills are singing and just eat a big mess of fried possum and going to court sadie up on the ridge top.

Happy Easter!

#10849 May 18, 2013
EvenBetter wrote:
Poor Dickens. We too have had a terrible spring. I'm afraid that now it will turn blistering hot and prevent us from enjoying the summer.
However, today is nice and I'm going to enjoy it even while I'm working. Everyone be blessed.
Hi EB. I've been outside piddling around. It's not raining right now but it's so humid out there. It feels nice to be back in the cool house.

I cleaned out the bird baths. The one in the back yard is the hardest to do because the bowl is larger and heavier. I have to be careful in tipping it over...just far enough to let the dirty water spill out but not too far where I could lose my grip. And I have to unwind the hose and drag it across the yard, then wind it back onto its reel. Showeee, the birdbath was dirty! No wonder I've seen such dirty little birds dragging around! Well, it's as clean now as my tipping and fresh water could make it.

As much rain as we've got lately, you'd think I wouldn't have to water any flowers but the ones in pots dry up quickly. I added some fertilizer to their water today too.

Blessings back you....don't work too hard!

Happy Easter!

#10850 May 18, 2013
Cletus wrote:
Over here in the hollow the honeysuckle is a blooming,wooperwills are singing and just eat a big mess of fried possum and going to court sadie up on the ridge top.
Ah Cletus, what a lovely word picture of the happy mountain life!

Last autumn a friend gave me a cutting of her clematis vine, as a gift. I was so proud of it and planted it in the back yard at the base of the shepherd's hook where I hang baskets of flowers. That vine thrived and this spring it really took off and I was happily awaiting its blooms....when my friend told me she had mistakenly dug up a wild honeysuckle vine instead of the clematis. Their leaves are very similar. Oh my goodness! I love honeysuckles growing along a country road but didn't want it in my yard. They take over too quickly. So last week I pulled that honeysuckle up. Goodness, I was surprised at how sturdy and how deep its roots had grown. It took me an hour of good pulling and digging to finally get it up!

Honeysuckle vines can be made into pretty wreaths and baskets. Have you ever tried your hand at that?

EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

#10851 May 19, 2013
I knew a lady from Monticello, Ky that would take her whole clan out to harvest vines and then she would make all kinds of stuff. She had several stores in Ohio that she took orders from and did that as a full time job. She had set this up even before the internet. A real little enterpriser she was.

Happy Easter!

#10852 May 19, 2013
I remember a long time ago my dad telling me that some aunt or cousin of his could make the prettiest little cups and saucers out of dry pine needles. He said she plaited them, then fashioned them into different shapes. I can't tell you how many times I've tried and I haven't got anything worth seeing yet. Maybe if I had a pattern.

But I did make wild grapevine wreaths one autumn about 15 years ago. I made 3 to give as Christmas gifts and I kept one for myself. Every Christmas it hangs on my wall....it still looks just as pretty but one of these years I might update the ornaments I tied on it.

Cledus

Oneida, TN

#10853 May 29, 2013
Whats on your front porch. I got a couch with 6 hounds on it and a matching chair with a hen settin on 24 eggs. 16 hens and a rooster on the hand rail and another laying in the ole refrigaire. 4 coon hides and 3 fox hides streched on the wall.

“Pass the sunscreen”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10854 May 29, 2013
I is here!

Happy Easter!

#10855 May 29, 2013
Cledus wrote:
Whats on your front porch. I got a couch with 6 hounds on it and a matching chair with a hen settin on 24 eggs. 16 hens and a rooster on the hand rail and another laying in the ole refrigaire. 4 coon hides and 3 fox hides streched on the wall.
Oh, Cledus, your little mountain home sounds just perfect! I bet those fresh country eggs fry up mighty tasty.

My porch is bare compared to yours. There are 4 flower pots on the front porch and 3 on the side. The 3 are still empty because I haven't got around to buying flowers for them yet. We've had such a rainy, chilly spring.

Happy Easter!

#10856 May 29, 2013
EvenBetter wrote:
I knew a lady from Monticello, Ky that would take her whole clan out to harvest vines and then she would make all kinds of stuff. She had several stores in Ohio that she took orders from and did that as a full time job. She had set this up even before the internet. A real little enterpriser she was.
Good afternoon, EB. I hope you're having a good day.

I'm sitting in front of a fan, staying rather cool, while an a/c serviceman works on my central unit. It stopped blowing out cool air on Friday, just before Memorial Day Weekend, and I've passed some very hot days here! Fans don't help much when it gets muggy hot here in Tennessee. I'm hoping all the unit needs is a good cleaning and fresh coolant added....I'll know soon.

“Pass the sunscreen”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10857 May 29, 2013
*yawn*

I need a nap.
Throttle

Inverness, FL

#10858 May 29, 2013
Dickens i just got mine fixed too. it's been hot down here, bout 96 daytime & 78 night. my fans didn't do much either. bet ole rocks works good, as full of hot air as he is without air you could bake in his house!
Cledus

Oneida, TN

#10859 May 30, 2013
What is on your diner table tonite. I got pinto beans seasoned with sow belly,corn bread,green onions,poke sallet,mashed taters and butter milk.

Happy Easter!

#10860 Jun 16, 2013
Oh my goodness! What has happened to my friends here in Whitley City? This thread hasn't shown up on my Tracker is such a long time, I had to come looking for y'all!

Hi Cledus and Throttle and EB and other friendly posters! I hope all of you are ok. I hope all of the dads had a wonderful day and got lots of attention.

I hope everyone is well....good night....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autumn King 28 min Joey 13
black powder shooting match 21 hr flintlockshooter 1
Internet service Wed Mike 1
any bi-guys (Jun '12) Wed Funguy 2
Jeremy Garland (Aug '09) Tue Rebel 33 25
Brian Warman and Anita Eldridge (Jun '16) May 23 Vistor 39
News Job Corps is worth a second look (Mar '09) May 22 Leroy 621

Revelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance