Throttle

Inverness, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

been watching the weather up that way & it's lookin kinda bad. i aint gonna say anything about our weather down here.
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

I got in before it got real bad, but went back outside and my storm door handle was frozen in the ice.
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Traffic is moving normally out there this morning, but I bet it's cold.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Howdy folks,

Sittin here watching those WILDCATS play the vols, and I sure hope we get a win, I wanna rub it in Rocky's face.lol Dicken's no offense to you, just gotta try my best to stay ahead of Ole Rock.LOL
Wonder where he's gotten to this yr.,,,haven't seen him on here in forever.

EB, you wasn't messing up our game, we just enjoyed your conversation,,,even Jammin can vouch for that. We sure had some great times on this thread in the past.

Throttle, don't brag on that weather, you know someone make be watching and ya don't want that 'Look', now do ya?lol

Dapt, jump in here.

Jammin, we sure do need to plan a picnic. You missed out on our last gathering, it was great getting to meet several of our posters.

Hubby just checked the temps. and said it was at freezing, so with all this rain, I'm expecting some ice in the morning. You all be careful if ya have to be out in the morning, make sure and stay safe. Watch those sidewalks too, them things can hurt a person,,,,believe me I know.lol
Throttle

Inverness, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

i'm missin ole rock too, dang, never thought i'd ever say that. was looking forward to his perdiction of the game. i still gotta learn to breath in theese games. GO BIG BLUE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

lawdy be, that was a close one!!!!

Well it's back to pouring down the rain here, like EB said earlier, it's a cold one too.
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Traffic noise sounds like they are moving right along. So the ice must not be too bad.
Wished I'd have known they were playing. TN is the one game I like to watch KY beat. It's cause TN people are so snobby about it and think they are so much better than us. According to them, the instant a person drives across the border into KY, their IQ drops 50 points. At least, that's how they act in Winfield and Onieda. I'm glad our Ripley friends don't act that way. So maybe it's not state wide. It's not just us though. I was watching on tv it's like that on a lot of borders.

“Southern Belles pure and sweet”

Since: Jun 11

keep their cool in summer heat

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

EvenBetter wrote:
Traffic noise sounds like they are moving right along. So the ice must not be too bad.
Wished I'd have known they were playing. TN is the one game I like to watch KY beat. It's cause TN people are so snobby about it and think they are so much better than us. According to them, the instant a person drives across the border into KY, their IQ drops 50 points. At least, that's how they act in Winfield and Onieda. I'm glad our Ripley friends don't act that way. So maybe it's not state wide. It's not just us though. I was watching on tv it's like that on a lot of borders.
Whew, I'm sure glad you excluded us Ripley folks! EB, you had me worried!
:)

But you know truly no one in either state should put the others down because most likely they are distantly related, with the same dna in their genes. I know one line of my ancestors came to Tennessee from Kentucky. Do you suppose the Civil War started some of these animosities?

I'm not a sports fan and can't even comprehend the game of football. So whether Cats or Vols win, it's all the same to me.

Have a good day, EB and All.....be careful if you have to venture out on the ice.

EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

I know. I feel the same way and didn't understand why they hate us so bad. I went to school down there 20 years ago and they liked me one on one, but when they got together, they bad mouthed KY people like they were all trash. I didn't pay much attention at first cause people have bad days and just say stuff, but this kept on and on. Once I realized it was an established rule, I got offended.
We go down and shop in Oneida a lot, but they will not shop in KY. They refused to spend their money here if they can help it at all. I asked a girl in class why they hated us so bad and she said it's because of all the beer cans we throw out. I didn't say anything but I thought really? We are a dry county. We don't sell beer. They do. However, most of the illegal dump sites here in the county is being traced back to Tennessee. The county has set out cameras and are catching them. This is recent.
Years ago, I wanted to go down there and hang out cause TN has an abundance of attractive ladies. In college, our communications teacher wanted us to experiment with approaching a stranger. The experiment was to just walk up and say hi. I first started in Whitley city which I already knew many of the people at that time. I did see people I didn't know and when I said hi, they all said hi back and smiled. After a couple of hours, I went to Walmart in Oneida and stood outside by the entrance. I started saying hi to people going and coming. They would glance at me and continue on sometimes speeding up their walk. One guy came out and I said hi and he actually stopped which I took to be positive. He asked, "Do you know me?" I said, "No." He asked, "Then why are you talking to me?" and turned away with a disgusted look. Two towns just 20 minutes apart and such a difference in people. However, in the big cities, there can be that much difference between city blocks.
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Sorry about the last post. Sometimes I shouldn't talk so much. Today went pretty good even though I got off to a late start. Weather's supposed to turn better. I'm ready!
Throttle

Inverness, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

At Last....A Real Cure!--A woman goes to the Doctor, worried about her husband's temper.

The Doctor asks: "What's the problem?

The woman says: "Doctor, I don't know what to do. Every day my husband seems to lose his temper for no reason. It scares me."

The Doctor says: "I have a cure for that. When it seems that your husband is getting angry, just take a glass of water and start swishing it in your mouth. Just swish and swish but don't swallow it until he either leaves the room or goes to bed and is asleep."

Two weeks later the woman comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn.

The woman says: "Doctor that was a brilliant idea! Every time my husband started losing it, I swished with water. I swished and swished, and he calmed right down! How does a glass of water do that?"

The Doctor says: "The water itself does nothing. It's keeping your mouth shut that does the trick...."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Good morning, EB. Are you looking out at sunshine or snow today? It's sunshine for us here in Ripley.

I looked up Oneida on a map and saw that it's in East Tennessee. I hope the unfriendliness you encountered is limited to that part of the state but I doubt it. I think the atmosphere of a town can differ from one adjoining county to another. Wow, the guy you spoke to certainly wasn't a good ambassador for his town, was he! He didn't know that if you love your home town, you will try to be a good representative of its citizens.

We have to admit that there are just a lot of sour pusses in the world alongside the pleasant folks!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Hi Throttle. I gave you the Funny and Brilliant judge-its....your joke made me snicker.

EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

True, but I shouldn't have spoken of it any further than my college report. Passing the negativity on doesn't help matters much. I actually wasn't being bitter, just dumbfounded. Back in 83, I traveled to Staunton, VA. That was most friendly place I've ever been. I was used to Somerset, Ky which people don't really talk to strangers much either. I was in a store in Staunton and this lady walked up and started talking to me like I had lived beside her all of my life. I started traveling from store to store to try and find someone, anyone that wasn't nice. I was there for two weeks and everyone I met was open and friendly. I always swore I would go back there to live someday, but there's no telling how many changes have taken place by now. I really liked it though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Hello,

Isn't this weather just wonderful today? I actually sat on my porch for a while. Gonna turn back colder next week though.
I've done a little bit of this and a little bit of that today.lol Actually started out my morning at 5:30,,,dang I was wanting to sleep in, but NOOO!

EB, are you sleeping any better these days? I know for a while you were having trouble, hope that has gotten better for you.

Dickens, if everyone was as nice as you this world would be a better place. Well that actually goes for each and everyone of you all.

Throttle, you're a hoot.LOL

Have a good one, catch ya later.
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Actually, I was doing pretty good for a while, but the last few nights I've been waking up around 2 or 3. Last night it was 2. It's been a very long day. lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

- Weebles - wrote:
Hello,
Isn't this weather just wonderful today? I actually sat on my porch for a while. Gonna turn back colder next week though.
I've done a little bit of this and a little bit of that today.lol Actually started out my morning at 5:30,,,dang I was wanting to sleep in, but NOOO!
EB, are you sleeping any better these days? I know for a while you were having trouble, hope that has gotten better for you.
Dickens, if everyone was as nice as you this world would be a better place. Well that actually goes for each and everyone of you all.
Throttle, you're a hoot.LOL
Have a good one, catch ya later.
Thank you for those very kind words, Weebles, but not only can the same be said for everyone here, they can especially be said of you.

Bright sunshine has our temps in the 50's and climbing, giving us a beautiful day. I only wish my feet would get the word....they are so cold, they hurt! I guess I could wrap them up in an electric blanket and put the setting on High!

EB, do you have trouble with insomnia? I don't get it often but every now and then I'll pull an all-nighter. It makes it rough on us the next day. Maybe you can enjoy a good Sunday afternoon nap?

I hope you all have a happy, restful day.

EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Thanks, but I worked all day trying to burn off energy. I think I might sleep all night. At least I hope. Nite all!
EvenBetter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

It didn't work. Up at 2 again. :(
Throttle

Inverness, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

On hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went
straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95 year old grandmother
and comfort her.
When she ask how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had
a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning."
Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old
having sex would surely be asking for trouble.
"Oh no, my dear, " replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our advanced
age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would
start to ring. It was just the right rhythm.
Nice and slow and even. Nothing strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on
the Dong.!!"

She paused, wiped away a tear and then continued, "and if that damned ice
cream truck hadn't come along, he'd still be alive today!"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Revelo Discussions

Search the Revelo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min Curmudgeon 147,245
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Gfm 81,565
Morrow launches new petition drive 13 hr neldy 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 18 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 18 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
SSI and child support (Mar '11) Tue Erie 93
Book about " Property of the Folsom Wolf" (Jan '09) Jul 29 hoodbrewer 189
•••
•••
•••
Revelo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Revelo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000