Baptist Verson of Book of Mormon

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17026 Jan 31, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I've been doing alright. My Daddy passed away a few weeks ago , so its been a rough go. Other than that life is good. How have you been dear ?
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I truly am. I hope the good memories help in carrying the burden of loss. I've been fine, thank you for asking. Mostly staying busy tending my farm, had nearly half a dozen head knock down a section of my fence the other day. Had to round them up in the middle of the night. Just about sick of winter, but I start getting sick of winter somewhere around the end of June when I start thinking about it in the first place. Can't complain too much, though, can we? It's been wet a lot more then it's been cold. Been getting any snow?

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17027 Feb 25, 2013
We've hit 844 pages. We can get 1000, people. C'mon! We've had life, death, actual social interaction in some cases! Come on, Mechanic! Hannah, Homer, Pastor, Not Ashamed... we got nothing left to talk about? Come along now, let's not act like a bunch of dead-heads...
humble yourself

Stearns, KY

#17028 Feb 28, 2013
Show love of Jesus to all mankind.

“Survival Machine”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#17029 Mar 1, 2013
saviorself wrote:
We've hit 844 pages. We can get 1000, people. C'mon! We've had life, death, actual social interaction in some cases! Come on, Mechanic! Hannah, Homer, Pastor, Not Ashamed... we got nothing left to talk about? Come along now, let's not act like a bunch of dead-heads...
Ok, I'm game...

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17030 Mar 1, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I'm game...
There's some sand! Why stop so close to a milestone, eh? Let's try a different tact, eh, Mech? I'll lead... I hate and despise this refutation of a Holy calling by Benedict, and freely admit I am no Catholic. I just do not like it. What say you, friend? Even the Mormons who post here, who must admit, He was most certainly their friend (after all, he was the man who relented to the objections of the Church to allow them to finally in Rome due to their unswerving loyalty in the Prop-8 fight) allowed them to finally build a Temple in Rome. Not that I have problems with Mormons or with Catholics, nor anyone else, who would profess some "faith." But is it not at least "interesting?" Things going about? I wonder for Benedict, and I feel for his supplement. I was no fan of John Paul, but He never tried something such as this. It seems almost cowardly.(And that is by comparison.) Very weird.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17031 Mar 1, 2013
humble yourself wrote:
Show love of Jesus to all mankind.
By all means. So how would you, personally, explain we go about that?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#17032 Mar 2, 2013
saviorself wrote:
social interaction??? What is that? I'm not very sociable :P

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#17033 Mar 2, 2013
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
There's some sand! Why stop so close to a milestone, eh? Let's try a different tact, eh, Mech? I'll lead... I hate and despise this refutation of a Holy calling by Benedict, and freely admit I am no Catholic. I just do not like it. What say you, friend? Even the Mormons who post here, who must admit, He was most certainly their friend (after all, he was the man who relented to the objections of the Church to allow them to finally in Rome due to their unswerving loyalty in the Prop-8 fight) allowed them to finally build a Temple in Rome. Not that I have problems with Mormons or with Catholics, nor anyone else, who would profess some "faith." But is it not at least "interesting?" Things going about? I wonder for Benedict, and I feel for his supplement. I was no fan of John Paul, but He never tried something such as this. It seems almost cowardly.(And that is by comparison.) Very weird.
In my life I have seen three, maybe four popes die while holding that position, in fact, in the late seventies to early eighties their passing was almost consistant with the deaths of two or three Soviet leaders. Go figure. But I've never seen one step down. Granted he indicated he was not in good health, but his predecessor was even shot one time (1981), and he came through it.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17034 Mar 5, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>social interaction??? What is that? I'm not very sociable :P
aw, you're about as "sociable" as it gets, I imagine the thread just died around you. Regrettable, but it happens. You can be as sociable as you like, but if they're gonna die they're gonna die (that's mostly cattle referrences in case anybody is gonna assume some sort of cyber-threat or what-not.) Nice to see you back, though, and how you been? You miss me? I missed you.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17035 Mar 5, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>In my life I have seen three, maybe four popes die while holding that position, in fact, in the late seventies to early eighties their passing was almost consistant with the deaths of two or three Soviet leaders. Go figure. But I've never seen one step down. Granted he indicated he was not in good health, but his predecessor was even shot one time (1981), and he came through it.
I don't like this any more than you do. The last Pope pretty much had to explain himself for choosing to stay in office for as long as he did, and this one up and resigns. There's nothing to be done about it, and I guess it isn't my place to critique, but really... the word "cowardice" comes to mind here.

“I will not keep calm”

#17036 Mar 5, 2013
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
aw, you're about as "sociable" as it gets, I imagine the thread just died around you. Regrettable, but it happens. You can be as sociable as you like, but if they're gonna die they're gonna die (that's mostly cattle referrences in case anybody is gonna assume some sort of cyber-threat or what-not.) Nice to see you back, though, and how you been? You miss me? I missed you.
of course I miss you. You should text me sometime.

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#17037 Mar 6, 2013
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like this any more than you do. The last Pope pretty much had to explain himself for choosing to stay in office for as long as he did, and this one up and resigns. There's nothing to be done about it, and I guess it isn't my place to critique, but really... the word "cowardice" comes to mind here.
"beguiled" is more the word I word use, as in previous instances the conference, or whatever they call it, has had to pretty much scramble when it came to filling the Pope's office after a death. Now this one basically gives a 'heads up', even opportunity to consider thinking that might not be in their best interest

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17038 Mar 6, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>of course I miss you. You should text me sometime.
well, I WOULD, but I forget how, exactly. I assumed you changed your number. I figured phone plans expire, people change carriers, any number of things can happen which would tend to hamper varied forms of comminication and what-not... I don't judge, I just figured you'ld dropped off. I'll try again.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17039 Mar 6, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>"beguiled" is more the word I word use, as in previous instances the conference, or whatever they call it, has had to pretty much scramble when it came to filling the Pope's office after a death. Now this one basically gives a 'heads up', even opportunity to consider thinking that might not be in their best interest
"Conclave." Latin for "Locked in." It's not that I have a problem with the one who will be elected, it is that I see this as a rejection of previous agreed-upon policy for the Church going forward. While I do believe that Christian Church in all it's form has been perfectly crafted as a Holy Vessel, there has also ALWAYS been a very distinctive line drawn within it, even up to and including Popes, to keep it uninvolved in "earthly" things. This line is about to be shattered, and, in my opinion, Benedict is strictly to be blamed for this, regardless of his reasonings to the contrary. The Catholic church (which I do NOT adhere to, don't get me wrong) would have NEVER suffered this. Popes do not retire. They die, one way or the other. I would rather have seen him strangled then retired, it is NOT right, in my opinion, for this man to resign his Papacy. You don't refuse to fulfill your duty under any and all obligations and walk away from that.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Cookeville

#17040 Apr 23, 2013
Save yourself

Whitley City, KY

#17041 May 18, 2013
Save yourself from the Mormon faith. All mormons are going to go to Hell and God does not live on Kolob

“I will not keep calm”

#17042 Jun 1, 2013
Save yourself wrote:
Save yourself from the Mormon faith. All mormons are going to go to Hell and God does not live on Kolob
If I go to hell , it's not gonna be because I'm Mormon. Thanks for the warning though.
Hannah Rebekah

Salt Lake City, UT

#17043 Jun 23, 2013
Save yourself wrote:
Q. Please can you tell me where the planet Kolob is where, according to mormon theology, God lives.

A. Actually, according to "Mormon theology," God does not live on Kolob. Kolob means "the first creation" and is the name of the star closest to the "residence of God." It is not God's actual residence.

We learn of Kolob from Abraham's account found in The Pearl of Great Price, one of the Standard Works of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
AND I, Abraham, had the Urim and Thummim, which the Lord my God had given unto me, in Ur of the Chaldees;
And I saw the stars, that they were very great, and that one of them was nearest unto the throne of God; and there were many great ones which were near unto it;
And the Lord said unto me: These are the governing ones; and the name of the great one is Kolob, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest.[1] Kolob governs all the planets which belong to the same order as the earth and is after the reckoning of the Lord's times, seasons and revolutions thereof. One revolution of Kolob is a day unto the Lord and one day in Kolob is equal to a thousand years on earth.
Hannah Rebekah

Salt Lake City, UT

#17044 Jun 23, 2013
saviorself wrote:
Separation of Church and State!!
How about it gang?
I had that thrown out at me that the Separation of Church and State was in the Constitution. We all know other wise but how do you explain that to a liberal?

“Survival Machine”

Location hidden

#17045 Jul 24, 2013
God is actually female

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stearns Energy LLC 1 hr Portus 3
Condolences bash for Bobby Stephens 14 hr Truthsthetruth 9
Hollyhill Music Thread (Dec '14) 19 hr Musikologist 5
Marathon in whitley across from sandhill 21 hr no smoking 3
Brian Warman and Anita Eldridge Fri Wondering 8
SSI and child support (Mar '11) Jul 27 MadMommy 125
Tonya corder/tapley Jul 27 Who 1

Revelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance