“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17003 Dec 6, 2012
Funny BOM Stories wrote:
I still like the air-tight barge story...."Now build you'uns a bunch of air-tight barges to sail across that there Pacific Ocean in.....but God,what if we need air?...then cut you'uns a hole in the top!....but God,what if we need water which is hypertonic saline and incompatible with sustenance of life?.....Then cut you'uns a hole in the bottom of the boat....But God,what if we start sinkin'?....then plug that thar hole back up! A scientific and historical marvel,that BOM. No, you cant make this stuff up. It is really in there.
why would you have posted three times on the same page under different names? Are you stupid or something?

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17004 Dec 22, 2012
Why so quite all of a sudden?
Hannah Rebekah

Vernal, UT

#17005 Jan 4, 2013
Mitt Anti-Christ wrote:
Could Mitt Romney be the Anti-Christ? I know Mormons pray to demons,and I think Satan gives power to the Anti-Christ,so could Mitt be the man?I know they say Anti-Christ will come from the middle-east,but if Mormons are right,this is the middle-east,because the Garden of Eden is in Jackson County Missouri,so I think he might be the one.
Looks like Mitt is not the Anti-Christ. Looks like all the Anti-Mormons are thoroughly disappointed.
Hannah Rebekah

Vernal, UT

#17006 Jan 4, 2013
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to "All of the Above?" ;-) Seriously, it begs many questions, if you ask me, but I am done asking such questions. I like the idear, however, that you, at least, would engage the question, even on topix. The way this election season seems to be shaping up, geo-politically, I'm inclined to think it's just gonna boil down to a "to the victor goes the spoils" scenario, after the election, which I find kinda sad, kinda cool at the same time. Nice to talk to you again, though. Everything going good?
Going good! How about you?
I've been working so not a lot of time for this and I was getting extremely bored with the whole, "I'm a true Christian so lets attach the Mormons" thingy. Logically...that whole thingy is a true oxymoron.

Let me explain my cryptic answer. You wrote:
(saviorself wrote:
If I may, this conversation seems to be "petering-out." Perhaps you people have reached your limit of enragement, I don't know, but it has definately gotten "slow" around here. SO I posit a question, if I may. Feel free to mull it over, or dis-regard it in it's entirety, I don't care, but I am curios as to what any consensus, if one could even be ascertained, might be.

I have gotten into, lately, several VERY heated discussions with people I do not like and actually view as wildly dangerous in their world-view, but my opinion has boiled down to this largely. The forced removal of various ethnic groups throughout history (American Indians at times, the Jews now in Israel, Native tribal bands of western Europe such as the Gauls or the Celts, and even the lowest-class Vedic people of pre-Hindu India) have led me to the assumption that God hates and despises any person or society that would reduce Him to the status of a simple real-estate or probate attorney who exists to define the geographical boundaries of "this people" or "that" who have "clear title" to this location or that. Am I wrong here? Is God simply a real-estate and probate attorney (and judge) who determines who lives here or there by some sort of Holy fiat and that is just the way it is (like the Muslims or Jews or Native Americans or Gypsies insist,) or is He vastly more than that as I have always assumed? Can anyone here tell me, or am I just too stupid to understand anyway?

(I wrote:)
Simply put...I think he's both.

He is both but there are qualifications and not in exactly the light, the context that you portrayed. In your context you describe the Prince of this World...Satan and his power that reigns in this world. He pits man against man in evil ways for power, fame and riches.
God on the other hand does give inheritances (lands) to those who serve him. There are chosen lands. We know this from the Bible. He also set rules on how to live peacefully with other. He declares his chosen people not to rule over others but with the charge, the responsibility to be a light to other people and to love and be your brother's keeper, regardless is they they believe the same as you. To live a higher law of love and to invite and include others. Abraham epitomized this charge, there are extra Biblical stories of his kindness to strangers and inviting them into his home and to live among his people. It is sad that those through history who fight as you described are fighting with their own brothers. They are the sands of the sea as promised to Abraham. When you study the Ten Tribes and their migrations it's easy to see how they have become the nations of the earth. I just ran across an article of the Mayan and the Cherokees and how they have the same DNA markers as the Hebrews and customs. I was googling about the Mayan ruins in Georgia that was on a recent TV program. Europe is full of evidence of connections to the Ten Tribes. But so are other lands.
A great subject worth exploring. Maybe it could help others to feel a sense of kinship and brotherly love for all.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17008 Jan 5, 2013
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
Going good! How about you?
I've been working so not a lot of time for this and I was getting extremely bored with the whole, "I'm a true Christian so lets attach the Mormons" thingy. Logically...that whole thingy is a true oxymoron.
Let me explain my cryptic answer. You wrote:
(saviorself wrote:
If I may, this conversation seems to be "petering-out." Perhaps you people have reached your limit of enragement, I don't know, but it has definately gotten "slow" around here. SO I posit a question, if I may. Feel free to mull it over, or dis-regard it in it's entirety, I don't care, but I am curios as to what any consensus, if one could even be ascertained, might be.
I have gotten into, lately, several VERY heated discussions with people I do not like and actually view as wildly dangerous in their world-view, but my opinion has boiled down to this largely. The forced removal of various ethnic groups throughout history (American Indians at times, the Jews now in Israel, Native tribal bands of western Europe such as the Gauls or the Celts, and even the lowest-class Vedic people of pre-Hindu India) have led me to the assumption that God hates and despises any person or society that would reduce Him to the status of a simple real-estate or probate attorney who exists to define the geographical boundaries of "this people" or "that" who have "clear title" to this location or that. Am I wrong here? Is God simply a real-estate and probate attorney (and judge) who determines who lives here or there by some sort of Holy fiat and that is just the way it is (like the Muslims or Jews or Native Americans or Gypsies insist,) or is He vastly more than that as I have always assumed? Can anyone here tell me, or am I just too stupid to understand anyway?
(I wrote:)
Simply put...I think he's both.
He is both but there are qualifications and not in exactly the light, the context that you portrayed. In your context you describe the Prince of this World...Satan and his power that reigns in this world. He pits man against man in evil ways for power, fame and riches.
God on the other hand does give inheritances (lands) to those who serve him. There are chosen lands. We know this from the Bible. He also set rules on how to live peacefully with other. He declares his chosen people not to rule over others but with the charge, the responsibility to be a light to other people and to love and be your brother's keeper, regardless is they they believe the same as you. To live a higher law of love and to invite and include others. Abraham epitomized this charge, there are extra Biblical stories of his kindness to strangers and inviting them into his home and to live among his people. It is sad that those through history who fight as you described are fighting with their own brothers. They are the sands of the sea as promised to Abraham. When you study the Ten Tribes and their migrations it's easy to see how they have become the nations of the earth. I just ran across an article of the Mayan and the Cherokees and how they have the same DNA markers as the Hebrews and customs. I was googling about the Mayan ruins in Georgia that was on a recent TV program. Europe is full of evidence of connections to the Ten Tribes. But so are other lands.
A great subject worth exploring. Maybe it could help others to feel a sense of kinship and brotherly love for all.
Trust you to boil it down. Every liguistic or bilogical-study explains the same story, and the story has never been young (though I doubt that makes it "Satanic," no offense. I've even heard of it spoke of in both senses, from sooth-sayers to the mayans to edgar cayce, from I-Ching to the Tibetan Calendar to Harold Camping, Good Girl!

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17009 Jan 5, 2013
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
Going good! How about you?
I've been working so not a lot of time for this and I was getting extremely bored with the whole, "I'm a true Christian so lets attach the Mormons" thingy. Logically...that whole thingy is a true oxymoron.
Let me explain my cryptic answer. You wrote:
(saviorself wrote:
I(I wrote:)
Simply put...I think he's both.
A great subject worth exploring. Maybe it could help others to feel a sense of kinship and brotherly love for all.
That is as good an answer as any, if every Church on Earth could be a hillbilly church, the world would be a much nicer place. Forgive me, I on occassion...

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17010 Jan 5, 2013
over-step....

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17011 Jan 5, 2013
"Ocassionally," I meant... spelling was never my strong suit...

“My pages don't stick”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#17012 Jan 6, 2013
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
Going good! How about you?
I've been working so not a lot of time for this and I was getting extremely bored with the whole, "I'm a true Christian so lets attach the Mormons" thingy. Logically...that whole thingy is a true oxymoron.
Let me explain my cryptic answer. You wrote:
(saviorself wrote:
If I may, this conversation seems to be "petering-out." Perhaps you people have reached your limit of enragement, I don't know, but it has definately gotten "slow" around here. SO I posit a question, if I may. Feel free to mull it over, or dis-regard it in it's entirety, I don't care, but I am curios as to what any consensus, if one could even be ascertained, might be.
I have gotten into, lately, several VERY heated discussions with people I do not like and actually view as wildly dangerous in their world-view, but my opinion has boiled down to this largely. The forced removal of various ethnic groups throughout history (American Indians at times, the Jews now in Israel, Native tribal bands of western Europe such as the Gauls or the Celts, and even the lowest-class Vedic people of pre-Hindu India) have led me to the assumption that God hates and despises any person or society that would reduce Him to the status of a simple real-estate or probate attorney who exists to define the geographical boundaries of "this people" or "that" who have "clear title" to this location or that. Am I wrong here? Is God simply a real-estate and probate attorney (and judge) who determines who lives here or there by some sort of Holy fiat and that is just the way it is (like the Muslims or Jews or Native Americans or Gypsies insist,) or is He vastly more than that as I have always assumed? Can anyone here tell me, or am I just too stupid to understand anyway?
(I wrote:)
Simply put...I think he's both.
He is both but there are qualifications and not in exactly the light, the context that you portrayed. In your context you describe the Prince of this World...Satan and his power that reigns in this world. He pits man against man in evil ways for power, fame and riches.
God on the other hand does give inheritances (lands) to those who serve him. There are chosen lands. We know this from the Bible. He also set rules on how to live peacefully with other. He declares his chosen people not to rule over others but with the charge, the responsibility to be a light to other people and to love and be your brother's keeper, regardless is they they believe the same as you. To live a higher law of love and to invite and include others. Abraham epitomized this charge, there are extra Biblical stories of his kindness to strangers and inviting them into his home and to live among his people. It is sad that those through history who fight as you described are fighting with their own brothers. They are the sands of the sea as promised to Abraham. When you study the Ten Tribes and their migrations it's easy to see how they have become the nations of the earth. I just ran across an article of the Mayan and the Cherokees and how they have the same DNA markers as the Hebrews and customs. I was googling about the Mayan ruins in Georgia that was on a recent TV program. Europe is full of evidence of connections to the Ten Tribes. But so are other lands.
A great subject worth exploring. Maybe it could help others to feel a sense of kinship and brotherly love for all.
Part of a sign I read in a barber shop once said,
"Before the white man came, Native Americans were able to live off the land. There were no taxes, and women did all the work.

White man thought he could improve on a system like that...

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#17013 Jan 9, 2013
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
That is as good an answer as any, if every Church on Earth could be a hillbilly church, the world would be a much nicer place. Forgive me, I on occassion...
lol @ hillbilly church.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17014 Jan 9, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Part of a sign I read in a barber shop once said,
"Before the white man came, Native Americans were able to live off the land. There were no taxes, and women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like that...
not ALL the work, my friends, and life was not exactly utopia for Indian women when the Spaniards arrived (De Soto bought many a maiden off various chieftiens for no more than the price of a couple of horses and pigs.) And the "flower wars" the Aztecs conducted for a half-a-millinea was the REAL reason Monteczuma was overthrown, NOT the 8 Spaniards armed with arcebusses and bows-and-arrows history tells us about that disregard the contribution of those natives who simply tired of being abused. But that sentiment is correct, that is why great men are great, they point out the obvious... the simple life is better, no doubt about that. Beset by massive unemployment, a "revamping" of the nation to turn us from a producer economy to a service-oriented one, and all this fiscal-cliff crap... all-in-all, long-term, the Europeans who came here should have just adapted to the Native way of doing things instead of trying vice-versa. I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17015 Jan 9, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>lol @ hillbilly church.
eh, you knew what I was talking about. I imgaine you've been in one or two in your time. Sneak out for the pot-luck during the snake-handling, it tends to be an alright affair... That's just a joke. ;-)
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

#17016 Jan 9, 2013
Try chanting. See what happens.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#17017 Jan 11, 2013
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
eh, you knew what I was talking about. I imgaine you've been in one or two in your time. Sneak out for the pot-luck during the snake-handling, it tends to be an alright affair... That's just a joke. ;-)
lol. How ya been savior??
Dog Warden

Lancing, TN

#17018 Jan 14, 2013
Mechanic_45 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you remind of the main character in the short lived series, "Max Headroom,"
Rebel Buck wrote:
One other comment.....why do you...m45....and rebelsoul attack folks with names and belittling remarks.
Some things never change, they just move to other forums.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17019 Jan 14, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>lol. How ya been savior??
eh, same-old, same-old, really. I am missing the warm weather we had, resigned to the cold as necessity, and no doubt rapidly working myself towards bankruptcy on a stupid endeavor. So, yeah. Same-old, same-old. And how about yourself, Interesting? You been up to no good as usual?(Or, in your case, I GUESS, just being GOOD in general?) ;-)
Homer

United States

#17020 Jan 20, 2013
Ok a question for the Mormons...who wrote the book of Mormons

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#17021 Jan 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
Ok a question for the Mormons...who wrote the book of Mormons
Prophets. Just like they wrote the bible.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#17022 Jan 23, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Prophets. Just like they wrote the bible.
ugh... what a tagline. "Hell is truth seen too late?" Sounds like life. Sorta depressing... and here I had you pegged for a "happy" sort of person...

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#17023 Jan 29, 2013
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
ugh... what a tagline. "Hell is truth seen too late?" Sounds like life. Sorta depressing... and here I had you pegged for a "happy" sort of person...
Well now Savior, I am quite "chipper" but like you say such is life. Unfortunately we all see to late, the truth in things which can lead to a hellacious experience :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitley co 11. McCreary 0. Mark Taylor can't c... 6 hr Parent 1
Jailer (Feb '14) 6 hr mrr606 42
News Murder Investigation in McCreary County 7 hr Walker 11
Roofers Wed wondering 1
McCreary Baseball Mar 24 Parent 1
pine knot raceway (Dec '08) Mar 22 Mudmaniac 44
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan '15 Bethany Ky 701
Revelo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Revelo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]