Christians what do you think about BI...
Faith

Oneida, TN

#23 Mar 9, 2011
pray4u2 wrote:
Of course I want all opinions. My main question is BINGO a sin and if you think it is prove with a verse from the BIBLE.
This one is not specifically mentioned in scriptures, however, I do not practice it b/c of appearance sake...somethings the scripture is not specific on, however,I ask myself is it a place, an action, that I want to take my Lord to or do? Is it one of that is questionable? For me, when in doubt don't. I don't judge you if you go, that is between your conscience and God, but I want to keep my conscience clear with the Lord, and I have been to them in the past, there was no alcohol involved at them, but there sure is a lot of smelly smoke! Plus the focus is all on money, I'm still in my thirties, growing in the Lord, I don't want my focus on material possessions, for me! I thank God for them, but I don't want my heart fixed on them. So in essence there are some things that are between you and God if they are a sin, if your a sinner, then it really doesn't matter anyways.
Tommy

Dearborn Heights, MI

#28 Jul 27, 2011
This is not the way that GOD wants his church funded, that is from gambling proceeds. Actually, very little of the bingo hall profit goes to the church, which in most all cases is a catholic or a non-baptist church. The bingo operators are the winners as they make out like bandits. Really, on the surface it seems more innocent than casino gambling, or horse racing, because you do not see many thugs or mafia types of the underworld hanging out at a bingo hall. You do not see the liquor at bingo, and practically all indoor smoking is banned. However you can still pick up a lot of poor manners and attitudes in the bingo workers and in the patrons playing the game. A lot of repressed guilt that creates those attitudes. Most of the people are regulars that are bingo addicted. Bingo halls defeat the providence of working for your money, by giving you the expectation that you can get a lot of money for a little ventured. Alabama got tough on the bingo operators, the stories are on the internet.
meee

Sunbright, TN

#29 Jul 27, 2011
yes and any article you care to read will tell you bingo is a multi-million dollar/year legal operation that always draws unsavory,unethical and uncaring individuals. because it is easy money , kentucky sure could take lessons from alabama, ky department of charitable gaming is as big of a farce as the people who unscrupulously make easy money off the citizens for a game that is supposed to be run fairly and honestly for the citizens.
kat

UK

#30 Dec 6, 2012
I hate dumb people wrote:
You all make me sick. You're if it's something "Christians" dont like then its automatically considered bad. Here's a hint, you're all retarded and you're wasting your life away.
. No jesus is life he's the way. The truth and the life if you don't acept him the 1 how give you life then your on the road to destruction to{ HELL} you need to give your life to jesus befor its to late he loves and died for you hells not a place you wanna go
oh geez

Wartburg, TN

#31 Dec 9, 2012
ye that are so judgemental how many fund raisers have you participated in for your church bake sales car washes and taking up offerings is asking for money so where do you draw the line why is it ok for the church to pass the bucket money is involved..... hmm rooot of all evil tell me a church that isnt asking for money all the time and ill go to that church... dont think there is one anymore

“Smokin”

Since: May 12

Strawberry Fields of Dreams

#32 Dec 14, 2012
oh geez wrote:
ye that are so judgemental how many fund raisers have you participated in for your church bake sales car washes and taking up offerings is asking for money so where do you draw the line why is it ok for the church to pass the bucket money is involved..... hmm rooot of all evil tell me a church that isnt asking for money all the time and ill go to that church... dont think there is one anymore
The Mormons don't pass a plate during service. They rely on tithing paid by its members.

Money isn't the root of all evil, the lust for money is.
Jon Levi

Glasgow, UK

#33 Feb 24, 2013
This is a contentious issue to which there are no clear spiritual answers for Christians in particular. For Christians, I would say follow the dictates of your own consciences. While Christians are called to be separate from the world, that does not mean living physically from non-believers but rather not living as if they have not been saved. Therefore saying that Christians should not be in a Bingo hall or mix with known Bingo goers or players is not biblically correct.
sagato m pelegato

Anchorage, AK

#34 Jun 6, 2014
My 2 cents wrote:
<quoted text>I think gambling is gambling anytime you put money to wadger with.I would go even a little bit farther and say thats what the stock market is.Now dont get all tore up until you think about it.Is that not a gamble if its not tell me how its not.I didnt say anything about it not being a sin one way or the other just somthing for you to think about.
....Gambling is not stock marketing. stock market is business. people who owns stocks trhough the companies they work for. stock owners sales their stock when the stock price goes up to fix their desires. they can buy n sale stocks when ever they wish too. But bingo is like los vages spend your money win or lose. as for gambling in church halls. holy grounds. theres no gambling. church halls are use for church meetings and church banquets, or activites to help feed the homeless. God bless
sagato m pelegato

Anchorage, AK

#35 Jun 6, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
This one is not specifically mentioned in scriptures, however, I do not practice it b/c of appearance sake...somethings the scripture is not specific on, however,I ask myself is it a place, an action, that I want to take my Lord to or do? Is it one of that is questionable? For me, when in doubt don't. I don't judge you if you go, that is between your conscience and God, but I want to keep my conscience clear with the Lord, and I have been to them in the past, there was no alcohol involved at them, but there sure is a lot of smelly smoke! Plus the focus is all on money, I'm still in my thirties, growing in the Lord, I don't want my focus on material possessions, for me! I thank God for them, but I don't want my heart fixed on them. So in essence there are some things that are between you and God if they are a sin, if your a sinner, then it really doesn't matter anyways.
...
1 Timothy 6:10

.

((( When ever you gamble. your desrires is about money. some poeple spend so much money gambling at bingos. that they forgotton about their own kids needs. some people go almost everyday. and kids wearing second hand clothenings. think about those kids that are in needings of food, clothings, other helps.)))
Matthew 6:24 c“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life afree from love of money, and bbe content with what you have, for he has said, c“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
1'Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of iall kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs...GOD BLESS!!!
purplepixie

United States

#36 Aug 4, 2014
I'm not a Christian but I grew up around my grandma who was a very good Christian woman and if u truly are a Christian then u know that u don't have the right to judge ppl as u claim to be this great holy Christian then why are u judging other ppl and calling them by (those people) I always thought it was a Christians place to do gods work to help those in need to help others and do on to others as done onto u have any of them so called people done any thing to u to make u think that u are better then them no u just believe cause ur not a true Christian ur a hypocrite and I'm not saying that to disrespect ur way of thinking but think about what ur saying true Christians try to help someone I need and don't judge others bingo ain't a sin everyone has sinned u have sinned by judging someone u have no clue about how there life came to be what happened to that person who is the druggie have u thought about that people are who they choose to be and u chose to judge them that's a sin its not ur place or mine to judge someone by what u think u now we all will have our time to be judged but God will be the one to do that not u not me so remember u will have a judgment day and what do u think will happen then? Remember god knows everything if ur a true believer thank about what ur saying
UnderGraceNotLaw

Pine Knot, KY

#37 Mar 2, 2015
pray4u2 wrote:
Of course I want all opinions. My main question is BINGO a sin and if you think it is prove with a verse from the BIBLE.
Before I start, I know there will be a lot of legalistic people twisting the scripture, "I did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it."
Ask yourself, when Jesus fulfilled the law, what happened? What does "Fulfill" mean? Why did he do it? These are all questions that legalistic people don't understand or cannot answer.
First of all, just because Jesus fulfilled the law doesn't mean it's abolished, and just because we don't have to abide by those laws anymore doesn't mean they don't exist.
This is what the definition of fulfill means
ful·fill
fo&#861;ol&#712;fil/Su bmit
verb
1.
bring to completion or reality; achieve or realize (something desired, promised, or predicted).

So if God completed the law, doesn't that mean it's done? Finished? It makes sense. We as flawed people would have never been able to complete the laws of Moses. 613 laws were required to be competed otherwise we would be cursed (Read Deuteronomy for a list of curses God put on his people for not following the law), but in Galatians 3:13 Paul said Christ freed us from this curse by becoming cursed for us! Paul even goes as far as saying that EVEN the 10 commandments could not and can not make us righteous. He even calls the 10 commandments the law of death and condemnation (2 Corinthians 3:7-9). Paul even goes to say that those who still follow the law are still under a curse, for they rejected Jesus for the law (Galatians 3:10) For those who say this wasn't the 10 commandments, go through the bible and tell me what laws were written on stone besides the 10 commandments. You wont find any because those were the only ones (Go read or look it up if you don't believe me). If it was good works that sent us to Heaven, then we'd all be going to Hell because even the Bible tells us that our best is like filthy rags to God, and it even says That it's not by our works we are saved, but by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9).
The Bible even tells us that the law is replaced with the convictions of the heart, and that if you have the Holy Spirit living within you, you don't need the law to tell you right from wrong, because the Spirit knows and tells you (John 16:8, Hebrews 4:12)
So with all I have said, I will end with a conclusion, nowhere in the bible does it say gambling in sin. People want to think it's a sin because the Romans cast lots for Jesus's clothes, but not even Jesus condemned the Romans for their wrong doings. Remember, Jesus didn't come to condemn the world, but to save it. So many people have such judgmental and condemning spirits within them, that they would rather look at everyone else's sin instead of fixing their own. It reminds me of an article I read not to long ago called "The symptoms of legalism". It names off a bunch of "Symptoms" that legalistic people have that they don't see or acknowledge (Condemnation, Pride and elitism, Imposing your “standards” on others, Blind to their own condition, Reverting back to the Old Testament except with a different set of rules. These are just some). It even mentions how they cannot see their legalistic actions because God has blinded them from seeing truth and grace opposed to condemnation and judgment (Matthew 23:16). These are the same people, actually the ONLY people whom Jesus condemns (Matthew 5:20).
As I go back to the beginning, the law is not done away with, it's fulfilled. It's here for a different reason. The law was never meant to make us righteous, in fact is was never made for the Christian. It was made for the Israelite's to show they cannot make it without a savior

As for me, I feel no conviction playing bingo or gambling once or twice because I can control whether it takes over me or not, but I know there are people who do, and those are the ones who need to be careful.
God Bless.
Deemchryst

Prairie Village, KS

#38 Apr 16, 2016
It started out as a relaxing enjoyable game. But the. Love of. Money is the. Root of sll. Ev il. So. Now siince it's not played for fun amy more but for money... Its a treachous. Franchise that have taken the place of. God in msny peoples. Lives an need to be. Done away with it has bevome worldwide. And. More. Addictive thsn. Crack. Cocaine that's ehay i. Think... Dee
fredhates what god hates

Imperial Beach, CA

#40 Nov 19, 2016
The Catholics invented bingo....personally I think it is not God honoring. Stay home and pray and read Bible.
Gods the judge

Buffalo, NY

#41 Dec 3, 2016
I hate dumb people wrote:
You all make me sick. You're if it's something "Christians" dont like then its automatically considered bad. Here's a hint, you're all retarded and you're wasting your life away.
I'm not sure why you don't like Christians, however we still love you. Let me correct you, we as Christians are concerned with what God wants not man. Our opinions mean nothing, we want to simply follow the words of God not man. I am very sorry if you were hurt by a Christian, and from the way you speak it sounds like you were. Please remember that we as Christians are humans as well, not perfect by any means. The truth is we are all sinners every one of us! That is why we are Christians! We understand our faults and are over joyed at the reality that the God of all still loves us even in our sin. That an amazing Father knows we are a mess and still forgives and loves us. I am not sure why you are so offended by a Christian life, however I can not see why it would be considered a "wasted" life any way. We do mess up at times this is true, but our goal is to love others and show the Fathers grace. I can not understand how choosing to be a good person is wasting anything. You are entitled to your view, but ask your self one question, what do we have to lose if we are wrong? We leave a legacy of love and compassion. But what if you are wrong, you lose your soul for eternity! I think you may have been mislead on what it truly means to walk with Christ, I know I was for 25 years. I pray God touches your heart and removes some of hurt and anger so you may see the truth. I promise you with God all things are possible and through Him you can live a life free from all that aggression. He is a God of love and compassion even for you and ppl like you who seem to hate Him.. He sent His Son to die for your sins and mine. I pray He meets you in your needs. &#128522;
Forfun

London, KY

#42 Jan 8, 2017
I like bingo
truth

Philadelphia, PA

#43 Mar 2, 2017
It is betting money on numbers hoping to win more money ... its gambling . Not judging anyone but its black or white.
Shelly

Brooklyn, NY

#44 Mar 11, 2017
I think if you in a church hall playing bingo is OK because it is for charity but if you are in a bingo hall that smokes curse drinks in everything they do that is sin That's money for them I been in all bingo hall I will never go to a bingo hall that's not playing for charity I like playing with the elders not all is elders but u no the church that's playing for Charity
A Child Of God

Woodbridge, VA

#45 Mar 21, 2017
The Bible does not specifically condemn gambling, betting, or the lottery. The Bible does warn us, however, to stay away from the love of money (1 Timothy 6:10; Hebrews 13:5). Scripture also encourages us to stay away from attempts to “get rich quick” (Proverbs 13:11; 23:5; Ecclesiastes 5:10). Gambling most definitely is focused on the love of money and undeniably tempts people with the promise of quick and easy riches.
Kim

Greenwood, MS

#46 Aug 30, 2017
What if your at a church event and bingo is one of the games of choice but there is no money involved only everyone playing for prizes and the associate pastor plays is that wrong?
Godboy

United States

#47 Nov 6, 2017
Did not Jesus turned over the money table in the temple and said you have made my house a den of thieves.
Now are Christian the church ? Yes, why would any Christian want to defile there soul with earthly activity ? Our converision is in heaven our mind should be on going home one day to be with the lord.Amen Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truancy 13 hr Guilty 1
Benifits Thu Sow belly 7
People going missing Wed Whats happening 9
What happened to the post about Mark Sewell bei... Wed I know 14
Poff Carting May 23 Really 12
Threesome? May 23 Funguy 13
What does any one think May 23 bill 5

Revelo Jobs

Personal Finance

Revelo Mortgages