First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Lilly

Wartburg, TN

#461 Apr 30, 2013
Barry wrote:
The state may step in and run the school system if the locals can not operate it. We have lost our jail to poor leadership.
That just might be the best thing that could happen for our school system. It sure couldn't be any worse off than it is now.
Big Ed

Whitley City, KY

#462 May 1, 2013
Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
That just might be the best thing that could happen for our school system. It sure couldn't be any worse off than it is now.
Sounds good to me; maybe get rid of some of the fat at central office!!
BIGGER DILL

United States

#463 May 1, 2013
Still no one can answer where is the million dollars? I can understand the cuts but just tell me what happened.
Reality

Wartburg, TN

#464 May 1, 2013
Why dont you ask obama. Your dumb as probably voted for him and all these cuts to education.
Filet Mignon

Whitley City, KY

#465 May 1, 2013
Big Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me; maybe get rid of some of the fat at central office!!
....Envy will be the death of you. Miserable jealous people live a shorter life and face their worse torment quicker. Get over your self pity and smile. People, by all means, will pay more attention to what you have to say. Have a absolute wonderful time changing!!(unless you enjoy misery.)Good luck and be happy happy happy!!!
Vote YES

United States

#466 May 2, 2013
Filet Mignon wrote:
<quoted text>....Envy will be the death of you. Miserable jealous people live a shorter life and face their worse torment quicker. Get over your self pity and smile. People, by all means, will pay more attention to what you have to say. Have a absolute wonderful time changing!!(unless you enjoy misery.)Good luck and be happy happy happy!!!
If you don't think we're paying some people at central office too much money, then you must be one of them. Have you seen our test scores? How about "pay for performance?" Now there's a thought!
Well-well-well

Oneida, TN

#467 May 2, 2013
Reality,
The President is not the one that cut funds for Education. Look to the Senate and House or Representatives in other words Congress. If you really want to know it has been pretty well advertised on the news for the last three years. Abama has enough blame for the truth without uninformed or persons deliberately lying of which you are one or the other. I am a Republican but facts are facts and truth is truth.
true

Whitley City, KY

#468 May 2, 2013
I don't think any one in the school system should make over minimum wage or get any more benefits than any regular job would give. They shouldn't be paid year round if they don't work year round. It's not like they have a hard job. They are just pencil pushing babysitters.
Filet Mignon

Whitley City, KY

#469 May 2, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think we're paying some people at central office too much money, then you must be one of them. Have you seen our test scores? How about "pay for performance?" Now there's a thought!
1. Never said I thought anything about who might or who might not make too much money. 2. I am not one of them and I don't care what they have or make each year. I would be tickled if someone paid me as good as you say some make. I make good money but work more days, so I would accept it, and so would all you others who seem to be mad, jealous and envious back biters. 3. Yeah...I've also looked at the scores, but my kids are scoring just great on everything. They work hard at it and do their work and never miss school. Their performance must be reflecting what the teacher is doing. I have taught my kids to hold themselves accountable and don't blame others for undesirable results. 4. Now here's a thought too. Smile and move on...Life is too short to let anger rule you and cause you not to be a pleasure to be around. Gives you a bad name and that's what people will remember you by. Be happy happy happy!
Vote YES

Duluth, GA

#470 May 2, 2013
Filet Mignon wrote:
<quoted text>1. Never said I thought anything about who might or who might not make too much money. 2. I am not one of them and I don't care what they have or make each year. I would be tickled if someone paid me as good as you say some make. I make good money but work more days, so I would accept it, and so would all you others who seem to be mad, jealous and envious back biters. 3. Yeah...I've also looked at the scores, but my kids are scoring just great on everything. They work hard at it and do their work and never miss school. Their performance must be reflecting what the teacher is doing. I have taught my kids to hold themselves accountable and don't blame others for undesirable results. 4. Now here's a thought too. Smile and move on...Life is too short to let anger rule you and cause you not to be a pleasure to be around. Gives you a bad name and that's what people will remember you by. Be happy happy happy!
The issue at hand here happens to be cutting back on the Academy, and making cuts to the Special Education classes. I'm happy for you that your children are doing so well, but what about the ones who aren't? Don't they deserve the best chance we can give them? Why cut programs that help the neediest children, while people in the board office are making 4 and 5 times the median income of $22,000 dollars here? It's ridiculous, and you know it, and there's no excuse for it. The kids should come FIRST, not fat salaries and retirement plans. As for being a "back-biter," I was never a supporter of anyone on the board, not was I against anyone, until these cuts were made. I pay taxes like everyone else, and I exercise my right to speak out on how that money is spent. If your ok with cutting the Academy, cutting 6 Special Ed Assistants, etc., fine. But I have no loyalty to anyone in the school system. I want my dollars spent where they do the most good for the kids, bottom line. And while your children may be doing fine, the fact remains that our test scores stink. This doesn't just hurt our children either. Every time someone does research on our county when they are considering locating a business here, these test scores will bite us in the rear. I'll be "happy happy happy" when children have a future here, and don't have to leave to raise their families if they don't want to. Until then, I will work for a change.
Glenn

Oneida, TN

#471 May 2, 2013
Well-well-well wrote:
Reality,
The President is not the one that cut funds for Education. Look to the Senate and House or Representatives in other words Congress. If you really want to know it has been pretty well advertised on the news for the last three years. Abama has enough blame for the truth without uninformed or persons deliberately lying of which you are one or the other. I am a Republican but facts are facts and truth is truth.
Obama bought the brotherhood of Egypt 200 Abram tanks at half a million a piece and 15 f15 fighter jets at 1 billion a piece and gave the other Muslim countries billions in foriegn aid.Obama wants to tax and spend on the useless.
keep trucking

Whitley City, KY

#472 May 2, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue at hand here happens to be cutting back on the Academy, and making cuts to the Special Education classes. I'm happy for you that your children are doing so well, but what about the ones who aren't? Don't they deserve the best chance we can give them? Why cut programs that help the neediest children, while people in the board office are making 4 and 5 times the median income of $22,000 dollars here? It's ridiculous, and you know it, and there's no excuse for it. The kids should come FIRST, not fat salaries and retirement plans. As for being a "back-biter," I was never a supporter of anyone on the board, not was I against anyone, until these cuts were made. I pay taxes like everyone else, and I exercise my right to speak out on how that money is spent. If your ok with cutting the Academy, cutting 6 Special Ed Assistants, etc., fine. But I have no loyalty to anyone in the school system. I want my dollars spent where they do the most good for the kids, bottom line. And while your children may be doing fine, the fact remains that our test scores stink. This doesn't just hurt our children either. Every time someone does research on our county when they are considering locating a business here, these test scores will bite us in the rear. I'll be "happy happy happy" when children have a future here, and don't have to leave to raise their families if they don't want to. Until then, I will work for a change.
Fine be miserable and be a chronic whiner with a small few others. Just a few of you all that whine and will listen to each other anyway. The majority of people will have closed ears in a couple weeks. No time for spilt milk crying, wipe it up. Time is ticking away so don't waste it. Good luck and be happy happy happy!
Vote YES

Duluth, GA

#473 May 2, 2013
keep trucking wrote:
<quoted text>Fine be miserable and be a chronic whiner with a small few others. Just a few of you all that whine and will listen to each other anyway. The majority of people will have closed ears in a couple weeks. No time for spilt milk crying, wipe it up. Time is ticking away so don't waste it. Good luck and be happy happy happy!
It was made clear to me that no one was listening when they voted for this budget proposal. It's alright, they will listen on Election Day.
BIGGER DILL

New York, NY

#474 May 2, 2013
I think there are 2 questions where did the million dollars go and is this the last time of missing money?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for a church to attend 22 hr newintown 1
Alcohol Election Petitions May 2 read it all 14
USP McCreary (Apr '10) May 1 wife of an inmate 52
Yard Salers on Disability? (May '11) May 1 Francy 89
Revelo Music Thread (Feb '14) Apr 19 Musikologist 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Apr 6 Mee 704
charges (Mar '14) Mar '14 curious 2
More from around the web

Revelo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]