Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
66,401 - 66,420 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Citizens Arrest

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Save the birds!!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Citizens Arrest wrote:
Save the birds!!!
I think they have stopped falling.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. In years gone by women actually used it for that purpose. I bet AW has heard of it. Now they make vanilla scented perfume. The grocery store stuff is still cheaper. Lol.
Yes, I knew about that. The "Watkins" products were some of the first things sold door to door, specifically in the country. There was also Watkins coconut cream that women used like a lotion and smelled like a cookie.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a leader not a follower. I follow no man or woman, especially the likes of your ignorance and misusing Scriptures and lies, Sybil. You are waging a losing battle. Rave on, very few care. You might as well continue your life as you have chosen to live it, as a loser. I have seen your nonsense in disguise. So pit your science against the God of Creation. Don't forget Sybil, God created science too. You are one of those I have spoken of as thinking they are smarter than God. I have read and remained silent on your Athestic ramblings. Dang, Lucifer in all his beauty and one time glory, conceived the same foolish impossible thought. I had much rather be numbered with the sheep on the right than the goats on the left, at the appearing before the judgement seat of Christ.
BRILLANT!! YOu summed up in one paragraph what I have been trying to say over the past two years.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

little known Civil War facts... While Abe Lincoln is considered the "Great Emancipator", the Emancipation Proclamation was nothing more than a military strategy to free any slaves that joined the United States Colored Troops from the seceding states and rob those states of their ability to continue to wage war.

It had no affect at all on border states of Kentucky and Delaware, which he did not want to antagonize and force those states to also secede. Nor did it free the wives and children of those slaves that joined.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Had I only known about this vanilla trick before! haha I think you might be pulling our leg.:)
No leg pulling LOL UNA is right. Nothing smelled better than a woman that used the vanilla extract or conconut oil and gave off the aroma of a coconut cookie. It is said that "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach", but the smart women accessed his heart via the nose LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

@RoamingInsomniac .... Have you been giving my dog lessons? LOL That poor creature has been up and out 4 times tonight. Now he will want to sleep in Church.
be well

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. In years gone by women actually used it for that purpose. I bet AW has heard of it. Now they make vanilla scented perfume. The grocery store stuff is still cheaper. Lol.
Have used vanilla scents for years. I always thought it was a good smell, others may have hated it on me though. Sorry but the smell of cookies, always melted me , by warming my heart. Taking me back to my younger days , when my granny and I made homemade cookies. Oh how sweat that smell was. Good Day ,,,,,
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Just minutes after signing a document that decreed all men were created equal, Thomas Jefferson sent a slave to fetch him bottle of whiskey. That document was US Constitution. Sometimes, the facts are stranger than fiction.

Tomorrow I may join the ranks of dog owner. Since the cat died the presence of an animal has been missed. So we are going to the shelter and pick out a lucky puppy. Man I dread the house breaking process.

This mornings coffee, absolutly good.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
BRILLANT!! YOu summed up in one paragraph what I have been trying to say over the past two years.
Good morning AW. Yes, I had kind of noticed that about you. LOL. I like to try people out to see where they stand. Many can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. I appreciate your style and stand.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

be well wrote:
<quoted text>Have used vanilla scents for years. I always thought it was a good smell, others may have hated it on me though. Sorry but the smell of cookies, always melted me , by warming my heart. Taking me back to my younger days , when my granny and I made homemade cookies. Oh how sweat that smell was. Good Day ,,,,,
That vanilla is pretty good stuff. Lol.
W KY Girl

Caledonia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No leg pulling LOL UNA is right. Nothing smelled better than a woman that used the vanilla extract or conconut oil and gave off the aroma of a coconut cookie. It is said that "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach", but the smart women accessed his heart via the nose LOL
@Ancient Wolf & Una
Good morning.:) Okay I'm going to try this on my man. I may come out getting my ears licked off!...might come home looking like a wet puppy if he's hungry! hahaha What about peanutbutter??? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
@Ancient Wolf & Una
Good morning.:) Okay I'm going to try this on my man. I may come out getting my ears licked off!...might come home looking like a wet puppy if he's hungry! hahaha What about peanutbutter??? LOL
If you use peanut butter, don't use the cheap flea market stuff. Go for the JIF lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning AW. Yes, I had kind of noticed that about you. LOL. I like to try people out to see where they stand. Many can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. I appreciate your style and stand.
Thanks UNA, I have to run. Time to get going to Church. My time is EST.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
Just minutes after signing a document that decreed all men were created equal, Thomas Jefferson sent a slave to fetch him bottle of whiskey. That document was US Constitution. Sometimes, the facts are stranger than fiction.
Tomorrow I may join the ranks of dog owner. Since the cat died the presence of an animal has been missed. So we are going to the shelter and pick out a lucky puppy. Man I dread the house breaking process.
This mornings coffee, absolutly good.
Welcome to being owned by a dog. I skipped the puppy stage and got a 2 year old that had been mistreated but was already house broken. He was trembling and whimpering and sad while 42 others were just being noisy. I had just lost the wife and thought that if I could not save the wife, at least I could save the dog since he was scheduled to be put down the next day. It turned out to be just the opposite, the dog has saved me.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to being owned by a dog. I skipped the puppy stage and got a 2 year old that had been mistreated but was already house broken. He was trembling and whimpering and sad while 42 others were just being noisy. I had just lost the wife and thought that if I could not save the wife, at least I could save the dog since he was scheduled to be put down the next day. It turned out to be just the opposite, the dog has saved me.
We will see. The shelter took in a litter of 8 week old jack russell chihuahua mix that may work, but not sure what we'll come home with until we meet them.
W KY Girl

Lomira, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
If you use peanut butter, don't use the cheap flea market stuff. Go for the JIF lol
LOL I thought you were going to say don't use chunky! HA!
W KY Girl

Lomira, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet.:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Hmm, cloudy but my birds don't care! Nice.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Good morning, everyone. Looks like another day for the ducks, but at least it has warmed up. AW is right. Animals have a way of saving you from sadness. When you show a little kindness to an animal, you get a ton of love back.Animals don't judge you. They don't care how you look or how much money you have in the bank account. They never give back talk, and they are by your side when they sense that your day is not going well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min bothways 150,027
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr Yoda-byte-me 1,031
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 10 hr Republicans Are S... 26,229
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 11 hr Republicans Are S... 16,129
Contacting children's services Wed janiel 3
wondering how to get one of the obama phones ? Aug 17 working the system 1
Derek Chaney Aug 16 lulu81 1

Search the Revelo Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Revelo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Revelo People Search