10 Commandments Display Banned

10 Commandments Display Banned

There are 131 comments on the WLEX-TV Lexington story from Apr 1, 2008, titled 10 Commandments Display Banned. In it, WLEX-TV Lexington reports that:

A federal judge has permanently barred a Kentucky county from using the Ten Commandments as part of a "Foundations of American Law and Government" display. via WLEX-TV Lexington

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLEX-TV Lexington.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
confused

London, KY

#123 Oct 16, 2008
jill spears wrote:
We can agree to disagree.
I hope I haven't came off as sounding disrespectful. That's something I never intend to do. I have MANY people in my family who are religious and I've learned respect. Besides, I try to be respectful to people on all subjects...especially one as personal as this.
I don't think you should be 'bashed' for speaking about your faith. I hope you don't feel I bash you.
not really but i do feel it is my responsibilty to tell you about Jesus, hope i didnt offend you in anyway..it was never my intention. I respect your views, but i dont belive them..lol
Kensey

London, KY

#124 Oct 16, 2008
Chylloh wrote:
Someone stated: "maybe it needs to be to the local gov. if it is hung out or put up"
I see what our government has performed and why their actions have led to the spiraling of America.
Our gov. lacks courage and dignity to make a honest and rightful decision. I and many others are now experiencing the after affects of a corrupted gov.
Nothing was wrong with America when prayer was allowed in school, the Ten Commandments was display with honor but look at America now and say with a honest face, oh, GOD is blessing us.
We have posters who state, oh, separation of church and state should be honored.
While homosexuality is forced on us to accept and we are in violation of their rights, if we do not.
Unwed pregnancy is acceptable as apple pie.
Abortion at an all time high is protested if people protest this barbaric ritual of murder.
Children are murdering their parents and shooting up schools at an alarming rate.
Drugs are a career and one of the highest money making.
Gov. corruption is so widespread, its at a point of uncontrollable.
Welfare is a career, not a temporary aid.
GOD, I am sure must look at us and shake his head at the ignorance and the accepted practices of sin.
The separation of church and state was to maintain the state not interfered with the religious practice not vice a versa.
I total agree

Since: Sep 08

KENTUCKY

#125 Oct 16, 2008
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
not really but i do feel it is my responsibilty to tell you about Jesus, hope i didnt offend you in anyway..it was never my intention. I respect your views, but i dont belive them..lol
I know a lot about Jesus. Really, I do. I don't think you should feel responsible for converting people. It'll be a let down because some people simply don't want to convert.
We're the same ... I respect your views as well, even though I don't believe in them.
Native McCreary Countian

Oneida, TN

#126 Oct 17, 2008
Just read the book of Proverbs
Focus on the teachings of wisdom.
Jess

Versailles, KY

#127 Mar 11, 2009
Ten Commandments banned!!! and people seriously wander what's wrong with our world today. Maybe if God was part of everyone's daily life we would all be better of...ya think!?
audacity of deceit

North Ridgeville, OH

#128 Mar 11, 2009
Hey Hicks wrote:
You guys and your false hopes and make believe gods. You made my morning. Thanks.
Keep on suckin'!
audacity of deceit

North Ridgeville, OH

#129 Mar 11, 2009
Enough of these crackpots that calls themselves judges. Do it anyway, then stand up in whatever way necessary when they try to force the issue!
queen

Alliance, OH

#130 Mar 11, 2009
Kentucky Momma wrote:
They can ban the Ten Commandments , but allow corpral punishment in our schools... WoW they want to beat our kids , but not teach them right from wrong. It's all a mess! Yeah this may seem "hick-ish" But, if they would go back to the 'good ol' days' Keep church and state seperate, let parents rule thier children with out the worry of some one picking up thier cell phone and dialing 911 for seeing some one swat thier 4 yr. old for throwing a tantrum in the middle of the mall or walmart, and get back to the basics of punishing the criminals severely, not just giving them a swat on the wrist alot of the B.S. would stop! It is a constant worry to just imagine what kind of world my daughter is going to live in when she is an adult! All I can do is do MY best to teach her right from wrong, and teach her how to survive in a failing society!
you are right.
Reddernekthanu

Georgetown, KY

#131 Mar 11, 2009
In Christ wrote:
Can you tell me how the system has ran smoother?
I dont expect the schools to teach my child about God, but i do expect them to have the right to say a prayer if they want to. When my nephew graduated from high school the ENTIRE class had to leave school grounds to say a prayer. That tells me the parents are installing good values at home, but why should they have to leave the school to do this? If someone of another religion had wanted to say a prayer then it would have been just as welcome..its silly there just is no reason for it..
You don't have to be in a place of worship or be worshipping to see what is right or wrong..all theif's, robbers, killers ect...should see that not only is it against Americas laws..its also against Gods laws..thats why they should be hung in the court house.
Everybody has the right to say a prayer in school. It can't be a scheduled thing or led by staff. But nobody can stop you from saying a prayer at lunch.

And here's a thought...if God created the entire universe and is in charge of all that happens, how can we mere mortals take Him out of anywhere by simply not posting the 10 Commandments? God is in there, whether we flag him in or not. Is it fair for an atheist or Hindu or Wiccan or Zoroastrian or whatever to pay to have Christian doctrine posted and taught? How thrilled would you be if the government made you pay taxes to have a statue of Krishna stuck in the middle of town?
yep

Whitley City, KY

#132 Oct 13, 2010
i think we need them back in the schools. when i went there wasnt that much crimes in the co. but i think it is very sad that they wont let them stand. god loves every one. but like you said what will people say when he comes back to get his children...i wounder....
County Official

Brownsville, TN

#133 Dec 4, 2011
Technically...The 10 Commandments SHOULD be banned UNLESS they are willing to post about other Religions as well! Not everyone worships the same and theres NO NEED or fairness in descriminating on other religions because they are the minority or even the majority of Religions around. Make it right. I am a follower of Jesus Christ... but.. I do believe in doing things the right way. Religion in McCreary or even the south...has spreaded so much Hate. I completley quit church because I can talk to Jesus better at my own home. Religion (because its been twisted falsely) has caused people to be so full of hate.. Judging others and having a hidden hypocritical belief system. I know none of this has nothing to do with this thread but I figure Id just throw it out there :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Boyce dean ledbetter 1 hr Danica 5
Jailtracker (Aug '10) 1 hr wow one lol 87
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 11 hr -Christopher Jarvis 814
Autumn King 12 hr Opinions very 74
Does anyone know if Shaun Lawson is still in th... (Feb '09) 13 hr Bolin 9
Eric Branscum 13 hr Duh 5
dcbs did they take your kids to? (Aug '09) 18 hr Not hearing it 78

Revelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Revelo Mortgages