10 Commandments Display Banned

10 Commandments Display Banned

There are 131 comments on the WLEX-TV Lexington story from Apr 1, 2008, titled 10 Commandments Display Banned. In it, WLEX-TV Lexington reports that:

A federal judge has permanently barred a Kentucky county from using the Ten Commandments as part of a "Foundations of American Law and Government" display. via WLEX-TV Lexington

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLEX-TV Lexington.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Carol G

Alliance, OH

#1 Apr 1, 2008
What if GOD permantly barred everyone from being saved and going to heaven?????????? I would not want to be the one trying to bar the words of GOD. I have been under the impression that we live in a free country?????
Chester Jones

Glasgow, KY

#2 Apr 1, 2008
The Ten Commandments is educational because we have to teach our children the only true law that matters. These laws are more important than any law on this earth, and I feel sorry for anyone who tries to do away with the commandments that our Father, and Creator made for us to live by.
Lynne

Westmoreland, TN

#3 Apr 1, 2008
What has happened to Christian's rights???
...It's coming...
The Bible tells us good will be called bad and bad good. I am willing to ROT in jail for my rights as a Christian who serves a LIVING GOD!
Stephanie

Glasgow, KY

#4 Apr 1, 2008
I can't believe what this world is coming to. I hate to see this world in 20 yrs. when my children are adults. It's scary to think about it. I agree with Carol G., what if God barred us from certain things??? We wouldn't like it very much would we? The Ten Commandments is something I feel shoud be displayed everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Maybe this world would be a bit better if we looked and read it everyday.
Jimmy

Doniphan, MO

#5 Apr 2, 2008
It is a sad time when you u bann gods word . The thing that i would like to know is when the end of time is here and the ones that have participated in trying to do away with the the lords words,What will they think when they open there eyes in torment for ever and ever. God is a just God but a jealous god and nothin should be put in front of him and surley not above em.But its like the rich man and the begger.The beggers of this world who stay with our god the only god will be rewared someday and the ones that think there above god will just have to see on there own.
Jill Spears

United States

#6 Apr 3, 2008
We have to take into account every other religion that is in this country. We can't post it all.
Putting up the Christian version of what's right and wrong might be offensive to those who do not follow the Christian belief.
I'm not of one of the other religions, but can see the reasoning.
Beth

Carthage, MO

#7 Apr 3, 2008
Our children have so much to deal with in today's world. School shootings, murders, abuse, just to name a few. When we look back at "the old days" when you didn't have to worry about your child walking down the street to his friends house, think about the way things were then and how they are now. It kind of goes hand in hand, don't you think???? As most have mentioned already - it is what is wrong with our World today. Everything from respecting your elders, to our planet suffers when we remove God from our life, especially from our laws that we live by. If we worried more about doing the right thing and being the person you would want God to call when your time is up and less about offending people of different religions, we would be a lot better off. Did I miss something, or weren't Christian values what our great Nation was founded on???? Why take them away? They seemed to be working before, but since removed ...
boogs

Detroit, MI

#8 Apr 3, 2008
Jill Spears wrote:
We have to take into account every other religion that is in this country. We can't post it all.
Putting up the Christian version of what's right and wrong might be offensive to those who do not follow the Christian belief.
I'm not of one of the other religions, but can see the reasoning.
Being that said, most religions practiced within the US have very similar basic "religious laws"....those who have demanded the 10 Commandments be removed from our public schools, Judicial and/or Government buildings, pulbicly or privately owned businesses are atheist or are a member of another very loud yet small minority of our citizens.
boogs

Detroit, MI

#9 Apr 3, 2008
Carol G wrote:
What if GOD permantly barred everyone from being saved and going to heaven?????????? I would not want to be the one trying to bar the words of GOD. I have been under the impression that we live in a free country?????
We do in deed live in a free country, however the majority of registered Christian voters do not vote, do not contact their represenative or congressmen to voice their opinion. It is very sad to see the minority winning these fights on a daily basis.
freida

Tennyson, IN

#10 Apr 3, 2008
we have enough problems not going by the 10commandment.and this just going to make him madder than hell at everyone.
Festus Podunk

Wartburg, TN

#11 Jul 8, 2008
The minorities always get attention and what they ask for because they don't know how or when to shut up. There's all kind of Christians, other wise called folk that believe in God and the Lord Jesus and have accepted salvation. Does any body wonder why these atheists persist with pushing their anti-God opinions on the rest of us? We all know how stupid they (atheists) are, if we don't stand up for God and what WE BELIEVE , who will?
Over road Mower

Helenwood, TN

#12 Jul 29, 2008
It is so encouraging as we mow the right of ways to see all the private citizens that post the 10 Commandments on their property boundaries for the public to see. Don't be ashamed of God. We have been denied religion that was a main base when this country began. Now the government has made it political by banning our basic religious freedoms by caving in to atheism, moslems and political opposition from un-american, non-religious factions. We have been denied our religious freedoms.
Think before you speak

Oneida, TN

#13 Aug 23, 2008
With so many different interpretations of the Ten Commandments, for all the different sections of religion, it's no wonder it's not allowed to be posted. The New Testament tells of Jesus' condensation of the older version. Go to Matthew and read.
something to gnaw on

Wartburg, TN

#14 Aug 25, 2008
If you do not separate church and state then you run very close to a theocracy. As history has shown, theocracies are a very dangerous thing.

I don't understand why everyone wants the ten commandments posted. When someone brings up the notion of blood sacrifices or other antiquated rituals, Christians are the first to scream, "But that is the old testament!" If I were to remind many of you that very close to the ten commandments in the bible is also the law of how it is okay to kill your child if they disrespect or dishonor you. I would hear the same protest.

How many of us actually even practice the ten commandments and hold them as holy law - as a law mandated by God (gnaw on that a while)? Shouldn't we maybe call them the 8 commandments? Because as a society we really have no grip at all on 2 of them. Those of course being the one about not coveting and not making any graven images. As Americans, how many times in the past seven days have we broken these commandments? "I like that blouse." "I like that purse." " I like that lawnmower." "Look at this picture of the children." "Here are our wedding pictures."

Are these listed in order of importance? Do they get less important as we work down the list? I think not.

But, before I get too far off topic -
Why not champion the beatitudes? the sermon on the mount? These are much more beautiful,humane and in accordance with christian doctrine. wouldn't we all prefer to see a display saying "Blessed are the peacemakers" rather than "remember the sabbath day to keep it holy" ?

When I step into a state or federal courtroom I do not need to be reminded of Christian beliefs.
As a non Christian it comes off as very out of context and somehow belittles the entire proceedings.

But, before I get too far off topic -
Why not champion the beatitudes? the sermon on the mount? These are much more beautiful,humane and in accordance with christian doctrine.
Jill Spears

United States

#15 Aug 31, 2008
something to gnaw on wrote:
If you do not separate church and state then you run very close to a theocracy. As history has shown, theocracies are a very dangerous thing.
I don't understand why everyone wants the ten commandments posted. When someone brings up the notion of blood sacrifices or other antiquated rituals, Christians are the first to scream, "But that is the old testament!" If I were to remind many of you that very close to the ten commandments in the bible is also the law of how it is okay to kill your child if they disrespect or dishonor you. I would hear the same protest.
How many of us actually even practice the ten commandments and hold them as holy law - as a law mandated by God (gnaw on that a while)? Shouldn't we maybe call them the 8 commandments? Because as a society we really have no grip at all on 2 of them. Those of course being the one about not coveting and not making any graven images. As Americans, how many times in the past seven days have we broken these commandments? "I like that blouse." "I like that purse." " I like that lawnmower." "Look at this picture of the children." "Here are our wedding pictures."
Are these listed in order of importance? Do they get less important as we work down the list? I think not.
But, before I get too far off topic -
Why not champion the beatitudes? the sermon on the mount? These are much more beautiful,humane and in accordance with christian doctrine. wouldn't we all prefer to see a display saying "Blessed are the peacemakers" rather than "remember the sabbath day to keep it holy" ?
When I step into a state or federal courtroom I do not need to be reminded of Christian beliefs.
As a non Christian it comes off as very out of context and somehow belittles the entire proceedings.
But, before I get too far off topic -
Why not champion the beatitudes? the sermon on the mount? These are much more beautiful,humane and in accordance with christian doctrine.
Nicely said.
KY WOMAN

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2008
something to gnaw on wrote:
If you do not separate church and state then you run very close to a theocracy. As history has shown, theocracies are a very dangerous thing.
I don't understand why everyone wants the ten commandments posted. When someone brings up the notion of blood sacrifices or other antiquated rituals, Christians are the first to scream, "But that is the old testament!" If I were to remind many of you that very close to the ten commandments in the bible is also the law of how it is okay to kill your child if they disrespect or dishonor you. I would hear the same protest.
How many of us actually even practice the ten commandments and hold them as holy law - as a law mandated by God (gnaw on that a while)? Shouldn't we maybe call them the 8 commandments? Because as a society we really have no grip at all on 2 of them. Those of course being the one about not coveting and not making any graven images. As Americans, how many times in the past seven days have we broken these commandments? "I like that blouse." "I like that purse." " I like that lawnmower." "Look at this picture of the children." "Here are our wedding pictures."
Are these listed in order of importance? Do they get less important as we work down the list? I think not.
But, before I get too far off topic -
Why not champion the beatitudes? the sermon on the mount? These are much more beautiful,humane and in accordance with christian doctrine. wouldn't we all prefer to see a display saying "Blessed are the peacemakers" rather than "remember the sabbath day to keep it holy" ?
When I step into a state or federal courtroom I do not need to be reminded of Christian beliefs.
As a non Christian it comes off as very out of context and somehow belittles the entire proceedings.
But, before I get too far off topic -
Why not champion the beatitudes? the sermon on the mount? These are much more beautiful,humane and in accordance with christian doctrine.
You are a very sad person,I hope you are not raising children by what you feel or believe in this world as it is.
maybe

Somerset, KY

#17 Sep 1, 2008
maybe it needs to be up to the local gov if it is hung out or put up
gloria jones

Winfield, TN

#18 Sep 1, 2008
please post ten comandments,on breef case or purse.man wallet paper in hand on something on u personal.u still have tencomandment in cout room

Since: Aug 08

Clarksville, TN

#19 Sep 2, 2008
Someone stated: "maybe it needs to be to the local gov. if it is hung out or put up"

I see what our government has performed and why their actions have led to the spiraling of America.

Our gov. lacks courage and dignity to make a honest and rightful decision. I and many others are now experiencing the after affects of a corrupted gov.

Nothing was wrong with America when prayer was allowed in school, the Ten Commandments was display with honor but look at America now and say with a honest face, oh, GOD is blessing us.

We have posters who state, oh, separation of church and state should be honored.

While homosexuality is forced on us to accept and we are in violation of their rights, if we do not.

Unwed pregnancy is acceptable as apple pie.

Abortion at an all time high is protested if people protest this barbaric ritual of murder.

Children are murdering their parents and shooting up schools at an alarming rate.

Drugs are a career and one of the highest money making.

Gov. corruption is so widespread, its at a point of uncontrollable.

Welfare is a career, not a temporary aid.

GOD, I am sure must look at us and shake his head at the ignorance and the accepted practices of sin.

The separation of church and state was to maintain the state not interfered with the religious practice not vice a versa.
Hey Hicks

Lexington, KY

#20 Sep 2, 2008
You guys and your false hopes and make believe gods. You made my morning. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pitch Dark parade??? Fri JRBHIGH 1
Jesus was an alien (Sep '16) Dec 14 wowed 3
SSI and child support (Mar '11) Dec 12 Valerie 150
Really Dec 12 Annabelle 1
New Tax Dec 12 Ole time preacher 10
Anyone Kno Judy martin Dec 12 Heard it on topX 2
Is it true? Dec 11 JustCurious 1

Revelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Revelo Mortgages