Board of Education Post Disappeared REALLY

Posted in the Revelo Forum

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2013
Woody

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I am not sure what is going on but AI feel for the teachers and staff that work hard every day. They are slowly getting eliminated like a game. They are asked to continuly do more with less and less while some people are still the big bucks. All I hear is cuts here and cuts there really who is getting the cuts. Its not the ones making the top bucks. Wait and see our schools will end up losing more teachers and staff. My kids are already in classes crammed full. I have talked to the school and was shown to me how it had to be made that way. The schools need more support from the top. Quit playing favorites make decisions that affect students achievenment and safety. I am getting invovled and going to the board meetings starting with this Thursdays. If I have to I will sign up to speak. This is a disgrace. We are going to lose our schools just like Monticello. The time is now.
Fran

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Woody wrote:
I am not sure what is going on but AI feel for the teachers and staff that work hard every day. They are slowly getting eliminated like a game. They are asked to continuly do more with less and less while some people are still the big bucks. All I hear is cuts here and cuts there really who is getting the cuts. Its not the ones making the top bucks. Wait and see our schools will end up losing more teachers and staff. My kids are already in classes crammed full. I have talked to the school and was shown to me how it had to be made that way. The schools need more support from the top. Quit playing favorites make decisions that affect students achievenment and safety. I am getting invovled and going to the board meetings starting with this Thursdays. If I have to I will sign up to speak. This is a disgrace. We are going to lose our schools just like Monticello. The time is now.
Go on to the board meeting. Glad your getting involved , you will see that things aren't as bad your little friends tell you.
parent

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 21, 2013
 
Woody wrote:
I am not sure what is going on but AI feel for the teachers and staff that work hard every day. They are slowly getting eliminated like a game. They are asked to continuly do more with less and less while some people are still the big bucks. All I hear is cuts here and cuts there really who is getting the cuts. Its not the ones making the top bucks. Wait and see our schools will end up losing more teachers and staff. My kids are already in classes crammed full. I have talked to the school and was shown to me how it had to be made that way. The schools need more support from the top. Quit playing favorites make decisions that affect students achievenment and safety. I am getting invovled and going to the board meetings starting with this Thursdays. If I have to I will sign up to speak. This is a disgrace. We are going to lose our schools just like Monticello. The time is now.
Great post, Woody. Why was the Super's salary NOT cut like so many others. Some one also said Rob's wasn't cut either, not real sure on that one. Go to KDE website and you will see his salary is a whopping 117,500.00 dollars. WOW.Surrounding counties with more revevue do not pay their Super that much. It shows if you take care of board members family they will compensate you thru a large salary, that he does not deserve.
Harley Girl

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fran wrote:
<quoted text>
Go on to the board meeting. Glad your getting involved , you will see that things aren't as bad your little friends tell you.
I think it is awful how everyone is having to scrape for things. My son's school is taking up printer cartridges, box tops and I don't know what all just to keep the school with paper. I have supplied my kid's teacher with a box. I was told their supply money has been cut again and again because of the districts money problems. What is going on around here. My son teacher is excellent. I think he is getting a good education right now and he is safe. But the moral has to be getting bad when you can't even get paper. Fran I am going too. I think anyone that cares that we may lose our schools needs to go see this crisis unfold.
Fran

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Harley Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is awful how everyone is having to scrape for things. My son's school is taking up printer cartridges, box tops and I don't know what all just to keep the school with paper. I have supplied my kid's teacher with a box. I was told their supply money has been cut again and again because of the districts money problems. What is going on around here. My son teacher is excellent. I think he is getting a good education right now and he is safe. But the moral has to be getting bad when you can't even get paper. Fran I am going too. I think anyone that cares that we may lose our schools needs to go see this crisis unfold.
You will see , we are not in dander of losing our schools. Your listening to a few idiots that want to be in control . Can't wait to hear you say I am right after you go to the meeting.
parent

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 21, 2013
 
Fran wrote:
<quoted text>
Go on to the board meeting. Glad your getting involved , you will see that things aren't as bad your little friends tell you.
People don't have to tell them they see for themselves. There is no money for SRO"s and another accountant had to be hired. So something is not adding up. If they aren't in finanical trouble why all the cuts last year.
Fran

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Maybe you should ask the accountant. Maybe he could explain everything to you . You seem to have all the answers . How many schoo system in the state of ky have SRO? How many have them in all of their schools? You might find out good old mccreary is doing pretty good.
Harley Girl

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Actually I have checked there are a lot of countys that fund SRO I saw one county has had them for over 14 years. Yes I will go I am sure that one meeting will not answer all my questions but we have to start somewhere. I would like to see the board minutes posted on the website to be open to all that can't get there. This is our school system not just a few.
Sherry

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

go board meeting....raise a little he!!
Stuck on Stupid

Oneida, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Went to the meeting, heard the lies about"Typos" and such. Fran you are either one of the super's YES people or living in a delusion.
parent

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Stuck on Stupid wrote:
Went to the meeting, heard the lies about"Typos" and such. Fran you are either one of the super's YES people or living in a delusion.
I think Fran is actually one of the board members that lives in Pine Knot. Just using someone else's name bein a smartA$$
parent

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

After re reading the post it could possibly be a relative instead of her. She can't do that well in a post
Fran

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

parent wrote:
After re reading the post it could possibly be a relative instead of her. She can't do that well in a post
Sorry your wrong again. You afraid of truth? Going to the source, and ask your questions.
parent

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Fran wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry your wrong again. You afraid of truth? Going to the source, and ask your questions.
yep this sounds more like her
Sherry

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

well with all the cuts it looks like everybody was lied to once again. It is a shame that the Super has let the district get in this condition.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Revelo Discussions

Search the Revelo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 min oscar 16,116
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min DemocRATS is a Zombie 146,185
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 37 min terri 26,184
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 52 min sad 81,569
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 57 min shew 1,014
Garbage Lawsuit 8 hr rog 22
1972 Super Beetle for sale Tue Jim 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Revelo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Revelo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Revelo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Revelo
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••