Fiscal Court Money Troubles
Taxpayer

Whitley City, KY

#21 Jan 13, 2013
As bad as I hate taxes, the occupational tax needs to go up. We aren't hardly paying anything tax wise towards it and we need funds. That's the best place to start. Missing beer sales was tragic and only a dumb ass moron would have voted no, but it seems we have a lot of them here.
hoss

Pine Knot, KY

#22 Jan 13, 2013
amen
wilbur

Oakdale, TN

#23 Jan 13, 2013
Before we raise taxes we should be trying to do budget cuts, Library budget cuts, and combine a few jobs like the Tourism director and Economic Development into one job. If you go to the county website and click on Economic Development page, and want to inquire about bring your business to McCreary County, it says contact Doug Stephens or Andy Powell. Before they raise taxes, I want to see where my money is being put to good use. The 1% might not be too bad if they took it out of each pay check, but for me, its hard to come up with all of it at the end of the year, with Christmas, and Vehicle Tags too. I work hard for my money and I think the Elected Officials should be working hard for theirs also.
Dog Man

Lexington, KY

#24 Jan 13, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
Whether we like it or not, our jail is now closed and inmates are gone. Now rumors are circulating that the ambulance service is having trouble getting the money it needs to operate from the fiscal court. Are they slowly going to let our EMS disappear too? If the fiscal court is having so much trouble with money to operate the county on, you would think at least one of them would have stood up during the alcohol election and told people that we needed this revenue! It seems we have a bunch of elected officials who are more worried about popularity and re-election than they are about the basic needs and services of our citizens. Our EMS deserves the equipment and supplies to do their jobs.
Liquor sales is not the answer. What the county needs to do is catch more litter bugs.
To make that effective is to have cameras covering every inch of every road in the county. And maybe a few drug dealers could photographed, too.
sillyme

Deer Lodge, TN

#25 Jan 13, 2013
This administration has done absolutely nothing, but that is not anything new. What have any of our elected officials done for the last 50 years. People will not go out and vote and put them out of office. Elected people here know how to get re-elected, just do nothing and most people are happy with that.
Vote YES

Tucker, GA

#26 Jan 14, 2013
Dog Man wrote:
<quoted text>Liquor sales is not the answer. What the county needs to do is catch more litter bugs.
To make that effective is to have cameras covering every inch of every road in the county. And maybe a few drug dealers could photographed, too.
Great idea! Where do we get the money for all these cameras? How about liquor sales! You see what I just did there?...
Ted

Stearns, KY

#27 Jan 14, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
As bad as I hate taxes, the occupational tax needs to go up. We aren't hardly paying anything tax wise towards it and we need funds. That's the best place to start. Missing beer sales was tragic and only a dumb ass moron would have voted no, but it seems we have a lot of them here.
You must be one of the 75% not working in this county or you work in tennesse where you don't pay an occupational tax. The solution isn't to raise taxes on the few working people here; but, to have more
accountability in our local politicians. I'm getting real fed up with paying more taxes, just so county government can go on a spending and hiring spree!
sniff

Stearns, KY

#28 Jan 14, 2013
All you folk belly aching do not know how to do anything and will not do anything but just that. You all seem to have all of this brain running out of your ears that elected people supposedly never have, but you couldn't do a dang thing about any of it if you were in the same positions. You all are most likely just a bunch of loud mouth idiots who are jealous of elected people for making money that you couldn't get elected to make. (The reason being is because people probably know of your mouth and the chaos you always create.) Jealous people are always miserable and try to drag everyone else down with them. Your misery will allow life to fly by and you'll die while still standing and scratching your a$$e$.
Dog Man

Lexington, KY

#29 Jan 14, 2013
sniff wrote:
All you folk belly aching do not know how to do anything and will not do anything but just that. You all seem to have all of this brain running out of your ears that elected people supposedly never have, but you couldn't do a dang thing about any of it if you were in the same positions. You all are most likely just a bunch of loud mouth idiots who are jealous of elected people for making money that you couldn't get elected to make.(The reason being is because people probably know of your mouth and the chaos you always create.) Jealous people are always miserable and try to drag everyone else down with them. Your misery will allow life to fly by and you'll die while still standing and scratching your a$$e$.
You may right. I will not disagree with your point of view. However, in many cases the voters do not have a good candidate to vote for and try to vote for the lesser of two evils. I have seen really good people run and lose. Just like in court, the best liars win and truth tellers generally do not.
I know that there are a lot of good people in McCreary County. Somebody please forward and run.
Dog Man

Lexington, KY

#30 Jan 14, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea! Where do we get the money for all these cameras? How about liquor sales! You see what I just did there?...
I was making fun of some in the courthouse wanting to put cameras to catch litter bugs only because one had been charged and apparently that charge was based on planted evidence. Hell, why stop with just the courthouse? Put them everywhere!
No Taxes

Albany, GA

#31 Jan 14, 2013
What do you think lower taxes and less government means? It means less government-no jail, no ambulance service, tuition is so high your kids can't go to college.
The rich areas will get richer and the poor areas will get poorer.
Keep voting for Mitch and Rand.
I approve this message

Stearns, KY

#32 Jan 15, 2013
Dog Man wrote:
<quoted text>I was making fun of some in the courthouse wanting to put cameras to catch litter bugs only because one had been charged and apparently that charge was based on planted evidence. Hell, why stop with just the courthouse? Put them everywhere!
Yeah! Start with all you nasty cigarette litter bugs who just toss where you please. Cigarettes are the number one litter culprit. It is a sore eye and I cringe when I see a smoker throw them out car windows or down on the ground like it is nothing. Fine the hell out of them and teach smokers to be considerate of other people by not smoking in public buildings and discarding the thing properly. Smoke the things all you want but be considerate of others and the community when in public.
cheif need um

Whitley City, KY

#33 Jan 15, 2013
No Taxes wrote:
What do you think lower taxes and less government means? It means less government-no jail, no ambulance service, tuition is so high your kids can't go to college.
The rich areas will get richer and the poor areas will get poorer.
Keep voting for Mitch and Rand.
lets not forget uncle Hal.
Dog Man

Lexington, KY

#34 Jan 16, 2013
I approve this message wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah! Start with all you nasty cigarette litter bugs who just toss where you please. Cigarettes are the number one litter culprit. It is a sore eye and I cringe when I see a smoker throw them out car windows or down on the ground like it is nothing. Fine the hell out of them and teach smokers to be considerate of other people by not smoking in public buildings and discarding the thing properly. Smoke the things all you want but be considerate of others and the community when in public.
Smokers pay about the highest taxes in the country. When tobacco is taxed out of business/use, something else will have to be taxed to pick up the tab. With the harm sugar is doing to people, kids especially, watch for higher taxes on soft drinks soon.
But I get your point--you are pissed at the world because you didn't get alcohol passed.
I approve this message

Stearns, KY

#35 Jan 16, 2013
Let me repeat myself. I said FINE the hell out of the nasty cigarette litter bugs. Do you see anything about TAXES in that statement? Are you a sensitive and stupid cigarette litter bug? It is obvious to me.
hoss

Pine Knot, KY

#36 Jan 16, 2013
Cigarettes and soft drinks are not the problem,our county government is,they need to put the garbage connected to the water and you wouldnt have trash everywhere.There is a small portion of people who pay garbage bills.We pay school taxes on everything even if we dont have kids in school all for BIG,BIG salaies for school officials.
Dog Man

Lexington, KY

#37 Jan 18, 2013
I approve this message wrote:
Let me repeat myself. I said FINE the hell out of the nasty cigarette litter bugs. Do you see anything about TAXES in that statement? Are you a sensitive and stupid cigarette litter bug? It is obvious to me.
No Sir, I do not smoke but I love to litter the highways because it provides some poor soul a job. You, see, I am for jobs. That is what is wrong with McCreary County and the country--our jobs have been shipped overseas.
Now, smart mouth, will you bellyache because I want the people to have jobs?
I still think an innocent young man, whose dad is the pastor of a wonderful local church, was setup and fined $500 simply for the inadvertence of leaving a piece of paper with his name on it in the County Attorney's office.
Dog Man

Lexington, KY

#38 Jan 18, 2013
Dog Man wrote:
<quoted text>No Sir, I do not smoke but I love to litter the highways because it provides some poor soul a job. You, see, I am for jobs. That is what is wrong with McCreary County and the country--our jobs have been shipped overseas.
I still think an innocent young man, whose dad is the pastor of a wonderful local church, was setup and fined $500 simply for the inadvertence of leaving a piece of paper with his name on it in the County Attorney's office.
Given the votes my post got, I guess at least three people in the county are against the poor having jobs.
buzzard head

Stearns, KY

#41 Feb 28, 2013
Dig those jars up.
Wondering

United States

#42 Feb 28, 2013
Dog Man wrote:
<quoted text>No Sir, I do not smoke but I love to litter the highways because it provides some poor soul a job. You, see, I am for jobs. That is what is wrong with McCreary County and the country--our jobs have been shipped overseas.
Is this the same innocent man that plead guilty to littering and was given the choice to pay a fine or go out and pick up garbage for a week with the litter clean up crew? I'd have picked up trash for two weeks before I'd paid $500. But then I don't consider myself to good to pick up litter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pit bulls Sat Ace 1
Matt Cordell (Aug '09) Jun 24 JT Morgan 29
Name a drug dealer!!!! Jun 23 I know the truth 20
Drug dealers Jun 23 I know the truth 1
Bad quality OVC workers (Oct '12) Jun 23 Cuz 4
Dirty cheating men n women Jun 22 Sick and tired 2
Whatever happened to Richie Spradlin? (Apr '09) Jun 22 You know who 67 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Revelo Mortgages