Fiscal Court Money Troubles

Posted in the Revelo Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Vote YES

Revelo, KY

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Whether we like it or not, our jail is now closed and inmates are gone. Now rumors are circulating that the ambulance service is having trouble getting the money it needs to operate from the fiscal court. Are they slowly going to let our EMS disappear too? If the fiscal court is having so much trouble with money to operate the county on, you would think at least one of them would have stood up during the alcohol election and told people that we needed this revenue! It seems we have a bunch of elected officials who are more worried about popularity and re-election than they are about the basic needs and services of our citizens. Our EMS deserves the equipment and supplies to do their jobs.
voter

Whitley City, KY

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
Whether we like it or not, our jail is now closed and inmates are gone. Now rumors are circulating that the ambulance service is having trouble getting the money it needs to operate from the fiscal court. Are they slowly going to let our EMS disappear too? If the fiscal court is having so much trouble with money to operate the county on, you would think at least one of them would have stood up during the alcohol election and told people that we needed this revenue! It seems we have a bunch of elected officials who are more worried about popularity and re-election than they are about the basic needs and services of our citizens. Our EMS deserves the equipment and supplies to do their jobs.
Well the fiscal court is damned if you do and damned if you don't. If I remember correctly everyone thought the occupational tax was wrong. Had it not been for the tax we wouldn't even have an ambulance service. What if they didn't think alcohol sales more morally right. That's not worrying about popularity that is standing up for what you believe in. There is alot of things I would love to see the county have, but the majority of the county is owned by the government. Would you be willing to have your taxes raised?
wilbur

Oakdale, TN

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Taxes will be raised, just hide and watch.
Vote YES

Revelo, KY

#4 Jan 6, 2013
voter wrote:
<quoted text>Well the fiscal court is damned if you do and damned if you don't. If I remember correctly everyone thought the occupational tax was wrong. Had it not been for the tax we wouldn't even have an ambulance service. What if they didn't think alcohol sales more morally right. That's not worrying about popularity that is standing up for what you believe in. There is alot of things I would love to see the county have, but the majority of the county is owned by the government. Would you be willing to have your taxes raised?
Why raise taxes? Lets do a few cuts, starting with economic and tourism chairs. That's $100,000 a year. I'm sure if they looked into the budget, instead of tabling votes and waiting for a miracle to happen, they could find other places where we are wasting money. This is the administration of "NO ACTION!"
voter

Whitley City, KY

#5 Jan 6, 2013
wilbur wrote:
Taxes will be raised, just hide and watch.
Wilbur property taxes were raised last year. I know mine was. And the rumor has been for the last several years that the occupational taxes were going up and that has yet to happen.
voter

Whitley City, KY

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Why raise taxes? Lets do a few cuts, starting with economic and tourism chairs. That's $100,000 a year. I'm sure if they looked into the budget, instead of tabling votes and waiting for a miracle to happen, they could find other places where we are wasting money. This is the administration of "NO ACTION!"
Well the thing for you to do is run for office and straighten this county out. And see how easy it is to do all these things you're expecting.If something is not ther how you going to work with it. And I'm sure the economic and tourism positions are something they think will work for the better of the county. But then again like I said you run for office and see all the miracles you can perform.
Vote YES

Revelo, KY

#7 Jan 6, 2013
voter wrote:
<quoted text>Well the thing for you to do is run for office and straighten this county out. And see how easy it is to do all these things you're expecting.If something is not ther how you going to work with it. And I'm sure the economic and tourism positions are something they think will work for the better of the county. But then again like I said you run for office and see all the miracles you can perform.
Am I stepping on your toes? I hope I am. Tell me what the economic or tourism chairs have ever done for us. You cannot name ONE JOB that the economic development board has brought us, and the tourism job is redundant because there is nothing they do that can't be accomplished by the boards volunteers, or our county officials that we pay anyway. You're right about one thing. Someone else should run for office and straighten this mess up. We need leaders! If I run, can I count on your vote? Or are you happy treading water, and losing our county services one by one? Put down the Kool-Aid and make a change, don't just accept what for years has been the same. Good ol boy, do nothing politics!
Vote YES

Revelo, KY

#8 Jan 6, 2013
It is simply amazing the number of people in this county who are willing to sit back, do nothing, and watch our county slowly go down the drain. Aren't you tired of being the 2nd poorest county in Ky? The 23rd poorest county in the United States? Don't you want a future here for your children, and their children? If you do, you better get off your rear and work for a change now! I don't want my kids to have to leave here every Monday morning and stay gone until Friday night or Saturday like I have for the last 20 years. I want them to have opportunities at home, and I'm gonna work my ass off to make it happen. You can go with me, or sit here in 1923 until you die, and leave our future generation the same thing we had. NOTHING!
hoss

Pine Knot, KY

#9 Jan 6, 2013
maybe if the fiscal court would vote themselfs a raise,that would help.

themself a raise
Support

United States

#10 Jan 6, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
It is simply amazing the number of people in this county who are willing to sit back, do nothing, and watch our county slowly go down the drain. Aren't you tired of being the 2nd poorest county in Ky? The 23rd poorest county in the United States? Don't you want a future here for your children, and their children? If you do, you better get off your rear and work for a change now! I don't want my kids to have to leave here every Monday morning and stay gone until Friday night or Saturday like I have for the last 20 years. I want them to have opportunities at home, and I'm gonna work my ass off to make it happen. You can go with me, or sit here in 1923 until you die, and leave our future generation the same thing we had. NOTHING!
Vote for Pat Ball for our new County Judge. Pat is a proven leader.
Johnny

Whitley City, KY

#11 Jan 6, 2013
Support wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote for Pat Ball for our new County Judge. Pat is a proven leader.
She would beat the he!! out of most of the current school board members!!!
wilbur

Oakdale, TN

#12 Jan 6, 2013
Johnny, wake the HELL up your on the wrong forum, this has nothing to do with the school board!!!! People like you have held this county down long enough!! Pay attention to what is going on around you, and who is doing what, when and where.
Citizen

Stearns, KY

#13 Jan 6, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with what Magistrate Mann said, "combining tourism and economic development director positions and also combining 911 director with ambulance director. That would save some money, but higher up wouldn't agree with it.
Vote YES

Revelo, KY

#14 Jan 6, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with what Magistrate Mann said, "combining tourism and economic development director positions and also combining 911 director with ambulance director. That would save some money, but higher up wouldn't agree with it.
I didn't know he had suggested it, but it's a very good idea! Who shot it down, or did it even come to a vote?
Judge

United States

#15 Jan 6, 2013
Vote YES wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know he had suggested it, but it's a very good idea! Who shot it down, or did it even come to a vote?
I am sure Roger Phillips shot it down!
Vote YES

Revelo, KY

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Judge wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure Roger Phillips shot it down!
I wouldn't think so. I have talked to him before about how we need to get rid of these extra programs until we can afford them. He agrees.
Greene

Pine Knot, KY

#17 Jan 6, 2013
Guys don't worry I will loan the county some money at the 1st of the month to help them through this. Heck as old as I am I might need one of those EMT to revive me some day. My fellow citizens do you miss me yet?
beer tax

Oneida, TN

#18 Jan 7, 2013
We could have had an alcohol tax coming in which would have done a lot of good for the county but the bible thumpers and bootleggers voted it down. Make the churches pay a tax to cover the damage they did to our economy.
Vote YES

Revelo, KY

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Wow somebody must be getting mad over these posts. Half of them have been removed. The judge's office must be spending a little time on Topix instead of fixing our problems!
wilbur

Oakdale, TN

#20 Jan 13, 2013
No post have been deleted, if a post is deleted the number of the deleted post will be missing.
Now on the county jail thread there are some post that have been deleted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elle chapman ? (Aug '16) 14 min NAggerlover 3
The top 10 fighters in mccreary county (Sep '09) 22 min NAggerlover 39
renee gibson (Dec '09) 31 min NAggerlover 23
Jacqueline Martin 5 hr Im a man 3
Jailer race McCreary Co 5 hr My Opinion 9
Garbage pickup (May '13) 11 hr Betty 25
Watch your KU Bills You may be getting jipped!!! (Feb '10) Feb 22 fed up 12

Revelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance