First Prev
of 3
Next Last
so disappointed

Oneida, TN

#1 Aug 21, 2009
thought swap n shop was getting their crap together on the web site...why have a web site if you can't keep it updated..so disappointed with it again..if you can't post the calls on the web site then why have it at all...now they don't even post what day the list is from let alone post anything new.Tradio over in Monticello will post every call they get for that day and its on for an hour and our county radio can't even post a 30 minute or less call in show..this is so disappointing.
absolutely

Wartburg, TN

#2 Aug 21, 2009
Isn't this the truth. And if you ever read any of monticello's topics, they grumble so much about their county - they should try living in this one for awhile.
BOB

Oneida, TN

#3 Aug 21, 2009
Just wondering why you think swap and shop owes it to you to keep everything posted?You can listen to it every day if it's that important to you..Can you not be thankful for that? If you never listen to the radio station.Then all you want to no about is what's for sale..How much money do you spend when you listen to it? The way people bitch about it .If I owned that station I would stop swap and shop because of people like you.
CoolBreeze

Oneida, TN

#4 Aug 21, 2009
BOB wrote:
Just wondering why you think swap and shop owes it to you to keep everything posted?You can listen to it every day if it's that important to you..Can you not be thankful for that? If you never listen to the radio station.Then all you want to no about is what's for sale..How much money do you spend when you listen to it? The way people bitch about it .If I owned that station I would stop swap and shop because of people like you.
Hey Knob, did it ever occur to that some people may live to far away to pick up WHAY. Think about that while you're crying, Knob or bob or whatever.
BOB

Oneida, TN

#5 Aug 21, 2009
CoolBreeze wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Knob, did it ever occur to that some people may live to far away to pick up WHAY. Think about that while you're crying, Knob or bob or whatever.
Did you no you can listen to it by internet? The person complaining has a computer.Im not doing the crying you need to read the other comments..BREEZZE or whatever.
Huh

Lancing, TN

#6 Aug 22, 2009
If people live too far away to listen and don't listen online, then why should WHAY care if you get the items? I mean...hello..it is a radio station...geared toward listeners right?

Have you also ever thought about the fact that they obviously want people to listen to the program because that is where their sponsors are mentioned and where their money comes from?

Let;s also consider the fact that swap-n-shop is done completely by Adam who is only at the station part time, during which time he does swap-n-shop, news, and music programming. I am sure he has more important things to do than sit and type swap n shop stuff.
THANK YOU

Oneida, TN

#7 Aug 22, 2009
Huh wrote:
If people live too far away to listen and don't listen online, then why should WHAY care if you get the items? I mean...hello..it is a radio station...geared toward listeners right?
Have you also ever thought about the fact that they obviously want people to listen to the program because that is where their sponsors are mentioned and where their money comes from?
Let;s also consider the fact that swap-n-shop is done completely by Adam who is only at the station part time, during which time he does swap-n-shop, news, and music programming. I am sure he has more important things to do than sit and type swap n shop stuff.
THANKS you just made things easier...People of McCreary County place your items for sale on Tradio where you know if a person should have missed the SWAP N SHOP program they will see your item on the web at Z93 and you may make a sale..Since our very own radio station is way to busy for their own hometown people.

Boy Walter would not let his hometown down...
BOB

Oneida, TN

#8 Aug 22, 2009
THANK YOU wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS you just made things easier...People of McCreary County place your items for sale on Tradio where you know if a person should have missed the SWAP N SHOP program they will see your item on the web at Z93 and you may make a sale..Since our very own radio station is way to busy for their own hometown people.
Boy Walter would not let his hometown down...
I've lived here for about 9yrs this Walter person must have been good.Did they put swap and shop on the computer back then.OR are you one that just likes to complain?
yes and no

Oneida, TN

#9 Aug 22, 2009
BOB wrote:
<quoted text>I've lived here for about 9yrs this Walter person must have been good.Did they put swap and shop on the computer back then.OR are you one that just likes to complain?
no i don't just like to complain,and yes when Walter was doing the show he was very good and placed it on the web if you asked him to and it was a much better radio station and he cares about what the people wanted.back then it was an hour show in the morning then he recap in the evening..all I am saying is maybe our local station should look into how Tradio is done and try it there way.if you ever check out Tradio and listen to it at 11:00am to 12:00pm then check their web site their calls are posted with in an hour after the calls have stopped.if our radio station is short handed then maybe they should hire more staff to give what the people of the county wants from their local station.Here is Tradio's Link

http://www.wmkz.com/

then click on station 2
Get Real

Lancing, TN

#11 Aug 23, 2009
Let's get real for a minute here people. First you can say TRADIO is so wonderful but why? Just because they post the items online everyday? What about the fact that last time I checked they would not take e-mail items, mailed, faxed in or dropped off items. All they take is phone calls. Any other words, if you do not want to talk live on air or happen to...oh I don't know...have a JOB during the day and can't call in...you are out of luck. At least swap-n-shop gives several options for getting items in.

Secondly, it is a RADIO program...meaning...you should LISTEN to it. So what if they don't post all items on the web. LISTEN or shut up!

Finally, I am glad some of you have nothing more to worry about in life than what swap-n-shop does. Consider yourself lucky. Some of us work jobs, raise families and worry about helping our community. At least some of you do not have that burden in your life.

Oh, by the way, let's not forget the fact that posting items on swap-n-shop is FREE...so you shouldn't complain too much.
McCrearian

Wartburg, TN

#12 Feb 27, 2010
Has anyone noticed that WHAY has moved swap and shop AGAIN? From 12:15 till 1:00 now. What is it with this station?

It is my guess they are trying to find a time for the show where it can get the same type of response and listenership that it got when Walter had the show.

Got some sad news for them. That will never happen. Walter did that show better and more professionally that anyone since and really cared about the people.

He should have never been fired, laid off, shafted or whatever they did to him.
Georgia Girl

Oneida, TN

#14 May 8, 2010
We enjoyed listening to Walter when on HAY but he has gone on to a much better life and circumstances since those days. Nothing but THEIR loss.

I just was looking through this site and found this old post and had to put in my 2 cents.I'm a old friend who keeps in contact with Walt and he is living these days down in Clinton Tn, actually, closer to Oak Ridge and has a successful voice and production operation going on down there.

In addition to this, he has a full-blown radio studio in his home (rivals some stations studios i've seen) in which he does both live and recorded shows on WMKZ 93.1 in Monticello so we can still hear him locally Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

We was much too good to be in a place like this forever.
Bear

Gorham, IL

#15 May 10, 2010
I've been listening to this radio station for a while by internet and I think it has some good programing on it..I don't know this Walter but sounds like he was good..I think they have some good DJ'S there now.
Buckeye

Gorham, IL

#16 May 25, 2010
I have to say I do listen to this station sometimes by internet...I have heard some good programing on it..What's the deal with this swap shop?
Swap Fan

Wartburg, TN

#17 May 26, 2010
What complaint could you have about WHAY's swap-n-shop now? It is on live daily Monday through Friday, they post items online daily and they accept items that the Monticello station will not. The Tradio program will not take yard sales, animals, guns, etc plus they do not take e-mails, which the one here does.

Some people just like to complain. Probably some of Walter's friends and family I suppose.
Walter

Kingston, TN

#18 May 29, 2010
Boy, this is the thread that refuses to die huh? Just finishing a production project tonight, catching up on some e-mails and such,came by here to see what news,drama and gossip is being tossed around and found this.

Here we are 10 years after my exit from that station(October 6th, 2000) and people are STILL talking about me and my run there. What this tells me is with Swap-Shop and others things I was involved with there, I had a solid product. That was the intent so, I was successful.

looking back, my exit there was just the first of many changes in life that would eventually lead me to this much better place in life where I now reside. Trust God and when one door closes, he'll open another.

In my case, the door closed and not only was another opened, I was given the house and land that came with it. I have no bitterness with the past. Only thankfulness that it happened.

As far as my family making commentary here, yes that happened once and at my request, they wrote nothing else. As far as my friends writing on my behalf, thankful to have the support but really, That ship has sailed.

As Georgia Girl (Hi There by the way) wrote above, My production and voice tracking business keeps me pretty busy these days. It is a side-line sort of thing but there are days it could be full-time. Such as tonight. A quick job that had to go out ASAP. I do not do live shows out of my studio although the capability is there.

As far as doing full-time live radio, I'm at the place in life where I do not need that and really no longer have that interest. I've turned down a few offers of such over the past couple of years. Most recently, from one station down here that covers McCreary and surrounding Counties like a local.

Thanks again for all the good words and interest.
Much appreciated.
wanda

Oneida, TN

#21 Jun 11, 2012
i am trying to get the phone number of the people that found a small white poodle. mine came up missing about 3 weeks ago, i am trying hard to find him. please if anyone can help me i would give a reward for his return.i cant get anyone to answer my call from swop &shop. this was on fridays air that some one had found one ,thank you
Try

Wartburg, TN

#22 Jun 11, 2012
Go to hay 98 web site and get their email or call Lavenders office.
good job

Sunbright, TN

#23 Jun 14, 2012
Im glad Adam is doing the swap n shop he does a good job. and yes its good that he puts it on the web.that way ppl can look at the list if there at work or missed it.and that way some ppl dont have to keep calling in all the time. and he done a good thing about stoping the dating this on there were pll is looking for a mate. GOOD JOB ADAM KEEP IT UP.
PeterPan

Whitley City, KY

#24 Jun 15, 2012
I'm new to the area..Why all the complaints? I listen to whay and I enjoy it.They have good music that I enjoy..Why would you talk about the station the way you do? I supose they do swap n shop for the people to enjoy not complain..But I guess you can't please some people even if you try..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Distillery coming to Stearns 20 hr fed up 21
USP McCreary (Apr '10) May 22 truth be told 54
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) May 21 cowboy 712
Poll Why are McCreary County Schools So Bad? (Mar '12) May 20 pimpaho nation 228
Why do men cheat on (faithful wives) online?? May 20 Hate Cheaters 9
Revelo Music Thread (Feb '14) Apr '15 Musikologist 4
charges (Mar '14) Mar '14 curious 2
More from around the web

Revelo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]