Jailer Tony Ball seeking set shift

Jailer Tony Ball seeking set shift

Posted in the Revelo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ted

Stearns, KY

#1 Jan 23, 2013
http://mccrearyrecord.com/x1633461234/Jailer-...

What's this about a set shift? For $100,000.00 a year, I'd do my best to work as many hours as possible, so as to make fiscal court think I was indispensable.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Ted wrote:
http://mccrearyrecord.com/x163 3461234/Jailer-Ball-seeking-se t-shift
What's this about a set shift? For $100,000.00 a year, I'd do my best to work as many hours as possible, so as to make fiscal court think I was indispensable.
He should be seeking a new job!!!!!! but our leaders just let him continue the same crap he's been doing......rather NOT doing and that is his job.
Wish

Whitley City, KY

#3 Jan 24, 2013
He's not controlled by the county. Neither are the sheriff or judge. That's why they get big bucks.
Fedup

Whitley City, KY

#5 Jan 24, 2013
I see a couple of problems with what Ball is wanting. The first is, as the story states, it will cost the county more money. The second is that the court security officers actually have a job to do, and for them to be out all hours of the night would have an affect on their required job duties. Ball has no job other than a $100 thousand dollar a year jailer job. Maybe Ball could hire extra transport officers out of the big jailer salary from his own already fat pockets.After all, he brought this on himself. We shouldn't have to pay extra for his mistakes.
Fedup Citizen

Stearns, KY

#7 Jan 24, 2013
WHAY 98.3FM
McCREARY JAILER REPORTEDLY NOT HAPPY WITH INMATE TRANSPORT SCHEDULING
"Tony Ball has been serving as the primary transportation officer. Ball is the first to be called when a transport is needed Monday through Friday with part time transportation officers that were hired this month by Fiscal Court serving as backup during the week. Despite the fact that Jailer Ball is paid an annual salary that totals about $100,000, and the part time transportation officers are paid based on an hourly wage, Ball is reportedly not happy with the current transportation scheduling. Ball complained that he is unable to sleep during the week due to being on call around the clock"

Maybe the reason Tony can't sleep is because of guilt. He gets $100,000 for being on call while the back-up gets $2.00
right

Jackson, KY

#8 Jan 24, 2013
i think he shouldnt get paid that much hick his not doing nothing but maybe taken them to other jail hell id drive for that. i think he needs to be put out of it. i didnt do he job right when the men were in there locked up he would let there gf or wifes come in and have sex and he would even do the gf or wifes. i know someone that was in there and he would let her bring anything in all the time. no ? ask we dont need a jailer like that and it was so nasty i know it not a motle and out here but still it needs to be clean not with crap comeing up when someone takes a shower. and when you flush it runs out in the floors. this is nasty. i wounder if his houes is like this. why you no its not. so i think he needs to be out if he has to stay till hes time is up pay him right not like he is still running to jail..
Buckwheat

Clinton, TN

#10 Jan 24, 2013
let's see now. The county jail, under this guy's watch, deteriorates to the point that the state has to close it. 100k a year plus benefits to transport prisoners? I fail to see any need for complaints. He should consider himself fortunate that he still has a job. A set shift? Yeah. I'm sure that the office of jailer came with a set shift. I seem to remember a man named Bybee that held that office and stayed at the jail working many many hours. Suppose maybe under that type of management is why the jail had a budget surplus and got great inspections by the state? How times have changed.
Mountain Mama

Huntsville, TN

#11 Jan 24, 2013
I would tell him he's welcome to get another job. There would gladly be someone else to be Transportation Officer for half Tony's salary.
gimme his job

United States

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Hey Fiscal Court! There are a bunch of us out here who have busted our humps all our lives and never made the kind of money this guy gets! Just let me know where to turn in my application! Not only will I be on duty 5 days a week, but for that kind of cash, plus health insurance that I can't afford now, I'll be on duty 24/7, 365! You all work it out with the state and I will start in the morning! I'll even supply the vehicle, just buy my gas! I understand why you gave our jailer this job, because there's no way he can screw this up. Right? Is there? What? Oh, no. Not again???? I hear ol Gus Skinner's Suburban is getting a lot of wear and tear. Reckon the state will shut it down??? Just keep throwing that money away McCreary County! We'll get some foreigners to come ride the train and everything will be OK!
jail bird

Whitley City, KY

#13 Jan 25, 2013
gimme his job wrote:
Hey Fiscal Court! There are a bunch of us out here who have busted our humps all our lives and never made the kind of money this guy gets! Just let me know where to turn in my application! Not only will I be on duty 5 days a week, but for that kind of cash, plus health insurance that I can't afford now, I'll be on duty 24/7, 365! You all work it out with the state and I will start in the morning! I'll even supply the vehicle, just buy my gas! I understand why you gave our jailer this job, because there's no way he can screw this up. Right? Is there? What? Oh, no. Not again???? I hear ol Gus Skinner's Suburban is getting a lot of wear and tear. Reckon the state will shut it down??? Just keep throwing that money away McCreary County! We'll get some foreigners to come ride the train and everything will be OK!
Fiscal Court did not give Tony the job of jailer. He was elected and you probably voted for him. They can not fire him either because he is an elected official. Tony did this all my himself. He was the one that lost our jail not Fiscal Court.
lookin for job

Stearns, KY

#14 Jan 25, 2013
gimme his job wrote:
Hey Fiscal Court! There are a bunch of us out here who have busted our humps all our lives and never made the kind of money this guy gets! Just let me know where to turn in my application! Not only will I be on duty 5 days a week, but for that kind of cash, plus health insurance that I can't afford now, I'll be on duty 24/7, 365! You all work it out with the state and I will start in the morning! I'll even supply the vehicle, just buy my gas! I understand why you gave our jailer this job, because there's no way he can screw this up. Right? Is there? What? Oh, no. Not again???? I hear ol Gus Skinner's Suburban is getting a lot of wear and tear. Reckon the state will shut it down??? Just keep throwing that money away McCreary County! We'll get some foreigners to come ride the train and everything will be OK!
I'll up you one better, for $100,000 per year; I'll buy my own gas!!
Actually actually

Whitley City, KY

#15 Jan 25, 2013
jail bird wrote:
<quoted text>Fiscal Court did not give Tony the job of jailer. He was elected and you probably voted for him. They can not fire him either because he is an elected official. Tony did this all my himself. He was the one that lost our jail not Fiscal Court.
True, Tony did this himself ... But the Fiscal Court should accept a lot of the blame too. It's not like they didn't know this was coming. They wanted the state to come down and do something about the jail, and it turned around and bit them in the butt. They could have at least made an effort. The Jail is a county-owned building, they do have control over that.
True

Whitley City, KY

#16 Jan 25, 2013
It is county owned and county maintained. If they don't repair and maintain the place how could anyone do anything about it at any wage?
citizen

Wartburg, TN

#17 Jan 25, 2013
Bon L & Joyce ran the jail it worked fine. First for that kind of money Tony should been there more with it being his only job. Second Cant be afraid to do some manual labor. Joyce would into the cells with the guys not only supervise but scrubed the walls down with them. The inmates done alot of the up keep with them buying the supplies. You lead by example. So look at Tony and the example he led by. You could see the crash a coming. The guards would sit back in office chair feet on desk and send the inmates with their key to open cells and do things for other inmates. No wonder things went wrong in a lot of areas.
jail bird

Whitley City, KY

#18 Jan 25, 2013
Actually actually wrote:
<quoted text>
True, Tony did this himself ... But the Fiscal Court should accept a lot of the blame too. It's not like they didn't know this was coming. They wanted the state to come down and do something about the jail, and it turned around and bit them in the butt. They could have at least made an effort. The Jail is a county-owned building, they do have control over that.
Tony was given the money for the upkeep of the jail in his bugdet. If he didn't do this it was his own fault not Fiscal Court. The state does its own inspections twice a year. And the jail failed those. If you notice an article in the paper said there had been 52 transports. Tony has done 9 but hasn't turned in the paperwork to those 9. So there you go he can't even do a simple task of transporting prisioners. Once again we do not have a jail because of Tony Ball.
Feduptoo

Stearns, KY

#20 Jan 25, 2013
You are all WRONG! He is a very smart man. Smart enough to get 100,000 a year for 6 years and not have to do anything. Wish I was that smart.
citizen

Wartburg, TN

#21 Jan 26, 2013
A little insite to how Bon L did things. Maybe our next jailor is readng this and it will give some ideas to expand on.

What happened at the jail stayed there. Bon L controled it. He was availabe 24/7. You tried to sneek somthing in you lost visit. The persn was not allowed to visit for a while. It only lasted long enoughto get the behavior he wanted.

Peer pressure worked great too. He would shut the cable or phone off to whole cell till they came aroud to his way of thinking. He woluld always say the phone or cable was acting up. They all knew better.

If a carpenter, plumber or some one with a tallent that he could used to make a repair. He ask them if they would help fix the problem while he help the aloung with guarding them. Then as a thank you they might get a little longer visit on visit day. He might take to kitchen for extra plate of food or buy them a pop. They were treated with compassion and humanity. Yet no cost to county for many repairs just supplies.

Ms Joyce made sure all was clean in each cell.

The whole key is being there an involved in all aspects.

By the way did Tony or his family member's business get paid to fix septic system by county. Wasn't it still acting up when jail closed?
I was there

Somerset, KY

#22 Jan 26, 2013
True wrote:
It is county owned and county maintained. If they don't repair and maintain the place how could anyone do anything about it at any wage?
The jailer is given a budget every year which included money for repairs. You can't piss it away for 5 years and then try to fix everything at once. I guess that we are all suppose to believe that the plumbing and electrical went to crap at the very same time that the paint all pilled off all the walls. But reguardless DOC said it wasn't the building, but the managment or lack there of, that was the problem.
Tony can cry and whine all he wants. The bottem line is that he never WORKED at the jail, and left it to his guards (who barely made minimum wage) to run the place while he sat at home drawing his salary. Now that he's actually having to show up and do something his lazy ass ain't liking it. "OOH BOO WHO I make $8000.00 a year, plus benefits and they want me to drive to London 5 to 10 times a week! Life is so horrible!!!! What a piece of work!!! It amazes me this man can walk down the street without people throwing things at him.
bob

Stearns, KY

#23 Jan 26, 2013
I was there wrote:
<quoted text>
The jailer is given a budget every year which included money for repairs. You can't piss it away for 5 years and then try to fix everything at once. I guess that we are all suppose to believe that the plumbing and electrical went to crap at the very same time that the paint all pilled off all the walls. But reguardless DOC said it wasn't the building, but the managment or lack there of, that was the problem.
Tony can cry and whine all he wants. The bottem line is that he never WORKED at the jail, and left it to his guards (who barely made minimum wage) to run the place while he sat at home drawing his salary. Now that he's actually having to show up and do something his lazy ass ain't liking it. "OOH BOO WHO I make $8000.00 a year, plus benefits and they want me to drive to London 5 to 10 times a week! Life is so horrible!!!! What a piece of work!!! It amazes me this man can walk down the street without people throwing things at him.
AMEN!!!
jail bird

Whitley City, KY

#24 Jan 27, 2013
I was there wrote:
<quoted text>
The jailer is given a budget every year which included money for repairs. You can't piss it away for 5 years and then try to fix everything at once. I guess that we are all suppose to believe that the plumbing and electrical went to crap at the very same time that the paint all pilled off all the walls. But reguardless DOC said it wasn't the building, but the managment or lack there of, that was the problem.
Tony can cry and whine all he wants. The bottem line is that he never WORKED at the jail, and left it to his guards (who barely made minimum wage) to run the place while he sat at home drawing his salary. Now that he's actually having to show up and do something his lazy ass ain't liking it. "OOH BOO WHO I make $8000.00 a year, plus benefits and they want me to drive to London 5 to 10 times a week! Life is so horrible!!!! What a piece of work!!! It amazes me this man can walk down the street without people throwing things at him.
well said

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Revelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women in Slacks at Church (Apr '09) 18 min Albuha 115
Brian Warman shacked up with Anita Eldridge (Jun '16) 1 hr Gossip 10
Brian Warman and Anita Eldridge (Jun '16) 1 hr Must be upset 44
rachel goad (Dec '10) 9 hr Someday 2
USP McCreary (Apr '10) 17 hr MAY 83
School kids selling stuff (Jan '12) 18 hr What to do 52
Autumn King 20 hr Pam 53

Revelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Revelo Mortgages