Death of Horse Blamed on Endangered Wolf Pack

Full story: The Horse
A horse belonging to a Catron County, N.M., family has been killed by a pack of endangered Mexican gray wolves, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Full Story
Larry Rayburn

Kirkland, AZ

#1 Mar 29, 2007
I hope New Mexico isn't going to turn out like Idaho where the wolves have wiped the elk herds out. Open the season on the wolves and get rid of them.......
Gregory Scott

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 31, 2007
The wolf on the NM and AZ border will take over no doubt about it just like Idaho. Something wrong with this picture, The endangered spieces act and the Defenders of Wildlife are going to mess up our ego system so bad it isnt going to be funny, It is time to stand up and do something about this crap that is going on in our country, all the wolf has to eat is livestock,elk,and domestic animals, the wolf here is not afraid of human's they have been fed most of there life by the wolf program, and then expected to eat just the wonded sick animals is a bunch of crap any way you look at this out raged picture. the wolve's are eating ranchers livestock and elk, what are the wolve's going to eat when the rancher is gone, the elk herds are way down and continuing to decline, the wolf will be comming to town, somthing wrong with people that are protecting predators and reinstating the wolf that didnt make it 50 yrs ago and the ones that arent smart enough to figure it out. but they are paid by our fed gov. that should explain a whole lot in its self, I dont know why I get fired up when I see all the crap that is going on in this country it is a shame, Imagine all the change that has gone on in the last 20yrs would of happened in the last year there would of been a revolution nodoubt. When is the American people going to say we have had enough and do something about it? We the people here in Reserve are a very small count in the voting ballots, and seems like our voice doesnt count, I ask people who voted for the wolf to be here in the southwest and you know NOT one person that I have asked voted for it, The wolf was shoved down our throats. Bruce Babbitt and all the people that put the wolf here on the AZ NM border showed just how to waste our tax dollar, think of how much of our money is put to the wolf project, and all the people that are down and out in this country. amazing how animals have been put above human life, I better get off here I could go on and on for hours... thank you for your time and reading this comment.
Tommy Dockers

Baraga, MI

#3 Jan 13, 2008
The rabid ,paranoid rambling of the those who see a conspiracy behind every bush is not only foolish but annoying! The zealot who is anti anything related to government wallows in a self-made bed of delusion-blaming any governmental agency or policy for their own failings. Face it most of the whining done is a pathetic and limp attempt to blame others for the fact that they(the whiner)is a loser. Those that use the presence of the wolf as a bogyman are the same bozos that have received government welfare for generations. The American taxpayer has spent billions to subsidize the rancher all the while he despoils the public domain with his greed and arrogance. The public lands belong to the public and not to a few select individuals to despoil, ravage, and exploit!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 13, 2008
Tommy since you live in MI. I dont see where you have a clue what is going on out west, because of the way you think.
you have wolves in MI. that were not man made, wolves that are wild, with plenty of food (deer) alone. How many pets have you lost to wolves ?
But that is ok you keep your head in the sand in MI. where you belong. The wolf that is planted in the South West is not affraid of humans, the wolf here thinks of humans as a food sorce.. because they have been pen fed by humans.
I dont blame the Gov for failings because I have none, I have never been on welfare as you call it. sounds like you only know about Ranchers what you have dreamed up, The Rancher has done more for this country than you ever will or have. If it hadnt been for the rancher out west there wouldnt be any dirt water catchments to speak of, or salt that the deer and elk have ate at free will for over a 100 yrs. you say the taxpayer has spent billions to subsidize the Rancher... I would rather see the Billions you say, spent on farmers and ranchers any day than alot of other Gov. spending crap. You say the Rancher spoils the public domain... I would like to know how? You say and think the Public land belongs to the public your so wrong.. if it belonged to us wouldnt be have a voice / opinion on what goes on with it...? back in the mid 70s the signs that use to say (protect your national forest) has been gone for over 30yrs, for no more gov land there is in MI. What would you know about out west? only what you read or have read about. you are like alot of other people that make a statement about the comments that I make or made and you know what as long as there is freedom of speech I can tell it the way I see and live with what goes on in my own backyard, I am not making statements on what goes on in MI. because I dont live there. and have no idea what goes on there.
The day the Ranchers are all gone in the south west so will the wolves be gone. The Government has and is useing the Rancher for the wolves welfare program. You say a rancher despoils the public domain with his greed ( you apparently have not done much ranching out west) and you say the rancher is arrogant.. that proves you dont know many ranchers... but that is ok you keep your head in the sand in MI. K
vegas observer

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jan 13, 2008
Tommy Dockers wrote:
The rabid ,paranoid rambling of the those who see a conspiracy behind every bush is not only foolish but annoying! The zealot who is anti anything related to government wallows in a self-made bed of delusion-blaming any governmental agency or policy for their own failings. Face it most of the whining done is a pathetic and limp attempt to blame others for the fact that they(the whiner)is a loser. Those that use the presence of the wolf as a bogyman are the same bozos that have received government welfare for generations. The American taxpayer has spent billions to subsidize the rancher all the while he despoils the public domain with his greed and arrogance. The public lands belong to the public and not to a few select individuals to despoil, ravage, and exploit!
HuH? uh, I think I agree with you, but my thesaurus is missing from my library...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reserve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM, Arizona senators on wildfire tour (Jun '14) Jun '14 Mary 1
1,200 firefighters battle record New Mexico blaze (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 6
Smoke shifts directions from Gila fire (May '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Only two utilize Red Cross services (Jun '11) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Record-Setting N.M. Fire Expected to Burn for W... (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 2
Locals among 19 county manager candidates (Sep '11) Sep '11 yucko 4
Winds to challenge crews battling US wildfires (Jun '11) Jun '11 Another Whopper 6
Reserve Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Reserve People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Reserve News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reserve

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:04 am PST

Bleacher Report11:04AM