Reserve judgment over teacher cuts

At a time when New Mexico has slipped back to 48th in the Kids Count national survey on child well-being, any attempt to reduce teaching staff will be viewed with a critical eye by wary parents. Full Story
RAP

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 15, 2008
48th out of 50 and now is the time to sit back and see what happens...?? what a lame editorial - no wonder there's no name attached to such shallow thoughts. What a wishy-washy piece of writing; what a travesty of thoughts... I'm ashamed for the newspaper and its staff.

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#2 Jun 15, 2008
There aren't enough teachers and EA's as it is. Cutting those positions will only make things worse. Why not cut positions that are redundant? Or cut the superintendents salary? Maybe if we put the money towards actual teaching, we wouldn't need programs like Read 180.
Cari Gillespie

Reserve, NM

#3 Jun 21, 2008
We pay $100,000 annually, plus benefits to a Superintendant. We have ONE school, K-12!! If the Board and the Principal can't handle a couple hundred or less students, we need to dump them! If we need more funds, dump the Super. He is an unnecessary!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reserve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM, Arizona senators on wildfire tour Jun '14 Mary 1
1,200 firefighters battle record New Mexico blaze (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 6
Smoke shifts directions from Gila fire (May '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Only two utilize Red Cross services (Jun '11) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Record-Setting N.M. Fire Expected to Burn for W... (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 2
Locals among 19 county manager candidates (Sep '11) Sep '11 yucko 4
Winds to challenge crews battling US wildfires (Jun '11) Jun '11 Another Whopper 6
Reserve Dating
Find my Match

Reserve Jobs

Reserve People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Reserve News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reserve

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]