Sound Off (Sept. 28)

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

Red light cameras are a cash cow for cities, they are not effective for preventing accidents.
Comments
1 - 20 of 48 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Master Debater

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

someone wrote:
Isn't about time the city woke up and opened up Main Street to two-way traffic through our dying Downtown Mall? Open up Main Street to traffic and parking just like all successful downtowns in the world have done.
WHile I agree that the downtown mall should open to traffic as soon as possible, there are many downtowns in the world that are closed to traffic... but they are very well served by public transportation, in countries where gas is much more expensive than here.
Latest Palin crimes

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Contrary to state law, Palin illegally advocated for a referendum option that made it easier for a huge new mine, with the world's largest waste pit, to open on Bristol Bay, Alaska, where last year fishermen took out $108 million worth of sockeye salmon. The fishing industry is Alaska's MOST important employer.

Did I miss something? Did Steve Pearce die and then re-incarnate as Sarah Palin? Or maybe they're the same person; you never see them in the same room together (kind of like Michael and Janet Jackson) and Extreme Makeovers are possible these days.

Because Pearce is the king of votings against the public interest, including against working families, in order to favor big polluters.
Grace

Thoreau, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

We cannot afford 4 more years of Bush's failed policies. McCain would continue down the same path that has nearly brought America to her knees! No way, are we going to allow the nightmare to continue!
Disgusted

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Grace wrote:
We cannot afford 4 more years of Bush's failed policies. McCain would continue down the same path that has nearly brought America to her knees! No way, are we going to allow the nightmare to continue!
Hey, dummy, study how your government works before you open your dumb mouth. It is your Congress you can thank for the state of the economy. Why do you even comment when you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
Disgusted

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

"Red light cameras are a cash cow for cities, they are not effective for preventing accidents. Check the statistics in El Paso — the most common violation is for rolling through a right on red. These are not the type of violations that cause deadly accidents".

Another stupid comment for the day which tells you that this moron doesn't have a clue! Red light cameras are there to catch YOU running a red light......well, duh! Logic says that if you stop running red lights, you're less apt to have an accident.....well, another duh!

Gotta love the stupid ones, don't we?
Loveland Pass

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

You all love Sara Palin,unless you were her brother-in-law.Now research that.........
Fed Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dummy, study how your government works before you open your dumb mouth. It is your Congress you can thank for the state of the economy. Why do you even comment when you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
"Our" congress has only been in charge for the last couple years, and it's had a hell of a time fixing the mess YOUR congress left us. You high and mighty Republicans make me so mad. You're the reason we're in this mess. Think before you talk.
Dsyc

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Breastfeeding should not be done in public. If so I am going to show my breat in public!
citizen

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our" congress has only been in charge for the last couple years, and it's had a hell of a time fixing the mess YOUR congress left us. You high and mighty Republicans make me so mad. You're the reason we're in this mess. Think before you talk.
Hmmmmm
I wonder why the approval rating for congress has fallen to 9%(an all time low in history for the US Congress) in the last two years?
That means 91% of Americans do not agree with our dumocratic run congress.
Can it be nancy and harry just don't know what they are doing?
Fed Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm
I wonder why the approval rating for congress has fallen to 9%(an all time low in history for the US Congress) in the last two years?
That means 91% of Americans do not agree with our dumocratic run congress.
Can it be nancy and harry just don't know what they are doing?
Yeah and Bush and Cheney do?

“i just want...bang, bang, bang”

Since: Jun 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Latest Palin crimes wrote:
Contrary to state law, Palin illegally advocated for a referendum option that made it easier for a huge new mine, with the world's largest waste pit, to open on Bristol Bay, Alaska, where last year fishermen took out $108 million worth of sockeye salmon. The fishing industry is Alaska's MOST important employer.
Did I miss something? Did Steve Pearce die and then re-incarnate as Sarah Palin? Or maybe they're the same person; you never see them in the same room together (kind of like Michael and Janet Jackson) and Extreme Makeovers are possible these days.
Because Pearce is the king of votings against the public interest, including against working families, in order to favor big polluters.
i'm pretty sure that palin has an approval rating in alaska of around 86%. that means that she is taking care of her public's interests.
Laura

Tijeras, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

He's still your president. Please respect him. Listen to Obama, he called Sen. McCain "John." Sen. McCain was always repsectful and called him Senator. That should be a sign of Obama's respect to others. He interupts and never gives others chances to talk. RUDE. We should elect a respectful American, McCain.
Judas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

You have GOT to be kidding me, "Laura." McCain constantly didn't let Obama talk, talked over him, etc. during the debate. Obama was the much more polite and presidential of the two, whereas McCain acted like the impetuous troll that he is.
jimbob

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Laura wrote:
He's still your president. Please respect him. Listen to Obama, he called Sen. McCain "John." Sen. McCain was always repsectful and called him Senator. That should be a sign of Obama's respect to others. He interupts and never gives others chances to talk. RUDE. We should elect a respectful American, McCain.
Obama also called John by a couple of other names during the debate(neither of which was John). He seems a little too young to be having a senior moment
Fed Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Laura wrote:
So the best candidate for President is based on manners. Fair enough, coming from a Republican. Experience, qualification, and popularity don't play any part in it. You are too funny.
We are alone

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

We in the US are alone in the world in NOT understanding that Bush-McCain's "war on terrorism" has been a massive failure.

www.nytimes.com

"War on Terror" Has Not Weakened Al Qaeda: Poll

LONDON (Reuters)- People across the world think the U.S.-led "war on terror" has not weakened al Qaeda and many believe it has actually strengthened Osama bin Laden's network, a poll for the BBC World Service said on Monday.

The poll of almost 24,000 citizens found people in 22 out of 23 countries surveyed thought attempts to counter al Qaeda since its September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States had not weakened it.
Truly Disgusted

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Disgusted, Are you talking to yourself again? You Republicans controlled Congress from 1994 to 2006 and the White House from 2000 to 2008. YOU Republicans wrecked our economy, wrecked our military, wrecked the housing market, wrecked Wall Street and wrecked our Constitution.

“I Put the "B" in ITCH!!”

Wood-Ridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Grace wrote:
Honey, try going back to the Clinton Administration to see where all of this lending to the poor in order they could get a piece of that American dream, which they had no way of paying back. Bush did not start this travesty, in fact he voted for regulation, but the likes of Barney Frank and other dems voted against it. There were also repubs that voted against regulation and I hold them all to blame.

“I Put the "B" in ITCH!!”

Wood-Ridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Loveland Pass wrote:
You all love Sara Palin,unless you were her brother-in-law.Now research that.........
Gee you all love Barack Hussein Obama unless of course you're his step-brother.......... Now research that!
RightOumNO

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Laura wrote:
Anyone working for a moron like Bush in a work setting would be mouthing off about him over the dinner table. Just because he somehow got the title for two terms does not take our right away to critique his leadership skills or lack there of.

Look back in history to evalute the leadership skills and integrity of men who were allowed to rein over outrageous acts of genocide because 'the were elders' or 'they deserved respect for their position'.

Respectful Americans graduate at the bottom of their class? Cheat on spouses and remarry how many times? http://www.youtube.com/watch... We citizens have already paid out to a banking scandle he was involved in. Remember the Keating 5 in the 90's? http://www.youtube.com/watch...

He got into the Academy on his father's and grandfather's coat tails. The latest Bush rode into office on his father's coat tails. Both are easy puppets for the Republican machine to manipulate. History is a great teacher.

Are we going to have to live through more lies and deceit before people start to paddle the boat in another direction instead of just looking up at the sails as we reach the edge of this whirlpool?

Read the body language in this video of him discussing the banking scandal (the older one) as CNN radio interviews him about his book. Grin and wave at passers by as he recounts 'the low point' of his political career. He may as well have seen a masked gunman running into a school and not called the police. HE KNEW someone was abusing the system and just sat back to watch it unfold. Respect? Humpfh...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reserve Discussions

Search the Reserve Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NM, Arizona senators on wildfire tour Jun '14 Mary 1
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
1,200 firefighters battle record New Mexico blaze (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 6
Smoke shifts directions from Gila fire (May '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Only two utilize Red Cross services (Jun '11) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Record-Setting N.M. Fire Expected to Burn for W... (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 2
Locals among 19 county manager candidates (Sep '11) Sep '11 yucko 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Reserve Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Reserve People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE