Locals among 19 county manager candidates

Sep 14, 2011 Full story: Ruidoso News

Nineteen applicants for the Lincoln County manager's position were accepted by county commissioners Tuesday.

Full Story
Cynthia Westcotte

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Sep 16, 2011
Does anyone besides me fear our county commissioners having a say so on who is hired? We know that we have them to thank for the GRT fiasco, an issue that should never have happened and that has caused great division in our town and community. Besides, will they choose according to who they can rely on to do them or one of them a favor down the line, or choose someone who's already done a big favor for someone, or choose a friend who needs a job regardless of qualifications, or choose according to pressure exerted upon them by the PTB or choose the candidate based upon any other unacceptable and inexcusable reasoning? We've had and seen enough of these strategies and they are leading this town straight to a cliff.
How long before we go over?
getyourfactsstra ight

Alto, NM

#2 Sep 16, 2011
The present county commission is not the one that voted for the GRT.
get your facts straight

Alto, NM

#3 Sep 16, 2011
Dave Parks and Don Williams were on the commission at that time. Times have changes, Cynthia.
yucko

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 17, 2011
Cynthia Westcotte wrote:
Does anyone besides me fear our county commissioners having a say so on who is hired? We know that we have them to thank for the GRT fiasco, an issue that should never have happened and that has caused great division in our town and community. Besides, will they choose according to who they can rely on to do them or one of them a favor down the line, or choose someone who's already done a big favor for someone, or choose a friend who needs a job regardless of qualifications, or choose according to pressure exerted upon them by the PTB or choose the candidate based upon any other unacceptable and inexcusable reasoning? We've had and seen enough of these strategies and they are leading this town straight to a cliff.
How long before we go over?
Give you guys a year, tops!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reserve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM, Arizona senators on wildfire tour Jun '14 Mary 1
1,200 firefighters battle record New Mexico blaze (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 6
Smoke shifts directions from Gila fire (May '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Only two utilize Red Cross services (Jun '11) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
Record-Setting N.M. Fire Expected to Burn for W... (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 2
Winds to challenge crews battling US wildfires (Jun '11) Jun '11 Another Whopper 6
Wallow Fire blazes across border into NM (Jun '11) Jun '11 non-resident trapper 20
Reserve Dating
Find my Match

Reserve People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Reserve News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reserve

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Week 12 Fantasy Rankings for Sunday's Action