Gray-wolf program to continue

Gray-wolf program to continue

There are 7 comments on the Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jul 26, 2006, titled Gray-wolf program to continue. In it, Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

After a five-year review, the program to reintroduce the endangered Mexican gray wolf in the Blue Range encompassing eastern Arizona and Western New Mexico will continue, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Fe New Mexican.

PT Pearson

Marietta, GA

#1 Aug 8, 2006
We have sacrificed the elk and deer for wolves? What is the purpose? I spend many weekends in the mountains and hear the wolves all of the time. Unfortunately all of the elk and deer I use to see are all but gone. What a program!
Tommy Dockers

Baraga, MI

#3 Jan 13, 2008
I'm all for the reinstatement of the wolves and totally support the efforts of those who are making it happen. The knuckheads who complain of wolf predation for their inability to see(hunt succesfully)deer and elk are pathetic and tiresome with their same old paranoid arguments.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 23, 2008
Tommy Dockers wrote:
I'm all for the reinstatement of the wolves and totally support the efforts of those who are making it happen. The knuckheads who complain of wolf predation for their inability to see(hunt succesfully)deer and elk are pathetic and tiresome with their same old paranoid arguments.
Tommy you apparently dont know much about the West or the SouthWest, the Deer are all but gone, the elk herds are on the decline, What are the wolves going to eat when the elk are gone???? I guess you and the USFish and Wildlife will figure that out when the time comes, or better yet you and them can come and hand feed the wolves, at your expence... you dont know what your talking about, I live in the South west I know.... I can see the Elk declining, they say in the next five years there wont be enough elk to have a hunt ... then what, there is nothing else for the wolf to prey on.
ACS

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2008
Tommy are you suffering from rabies. It seems to me that you are a rabid environmentalist. I do however hope and pray that you may be cured one day. In my business I have had to see and print photos from wolf attacks of domestic animals, not just livestock, but also pet dogs and cats. These photos clearly show that the wolves are not simply killing for food, but also for pleasure, as many of these animals were not stripped of meat but left to rot after having being taunted and tortured by the wolf packs. I have seen the blood and gore that they leave in thier wake.

Try not to forget that without the dedication of our ranchers and farmers that are adversely affected by these insane rampant environmental programs we would all be living in huge overpopulated cities eating only imported foods.

The wolf is really only one small peice of the puzzle though. Think also about all of the jobs that our nation is exporting. Factories in our country are being forced to close down US operations and reopening in countries where they can continue to operate outside of excessive evironmental policy. What does this create on the global scale? More polution, because we have run industry away from our conrtol to countries that have even less regulations. And a drain on our own economy as our unemployment rate goes up and more and more of the products we buy support the economy of other nations.

Dont get me wrong, I do agree that awareness and selfcontrol are important to our future generations. However on the path that we are currently on is a self destructive one. Will our nation be so bad off that our great-grandchildren will be trying to illegally cross borders to find work in other countries?

I encourage you and all others to seek out the whole truth, ignoring the biased and opinionated faces of the coin. Every coin had a third side, the TRUTH.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 7, 2008
ACS.. Amazing how everyone in America think that since the same polution that was caused putting Americans to work here in the USA. is now being done overseas some where else, and the product is now being shipped in, but the same polution is in our universe, the want to stop all kinds of operations in the USA and think becaue it is stopped here that there wont be any polution..lol

Another thing the dumb people that thought slaughtering horses in the USA was cruel, well in the USA the animals were killed quick and clean, now there being shipped to Mexico and a cable is put around there back leg jerked up off the ground and then when they quit moving around, there throat is cut. Amazing how some organizations are so stupid and have there heads burried in the sand so far, believing that since it doesnt happen in the USA it just wont happen anywhere else.
ADL

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Aug 20, 2010
I am not a far out, wacko environmentalist, but since you really care about the land and want to take care of it please find reliable sources of information. In fact, there is excellent science on wolf and prey (like elk. deer). If you want healthy elk and deer populations, more forage, healthier streams---living with wolves is the way to go. Wolves do not wipe out game species. And if you are a hunter, you will still have game out there. You will have to look in different places (like not in riparian areas). And yes,wolves kill elk and deer, but doesn't the love of hunting have something to do with the challenge? Don't we have a land ethic? Are we willing to change our views when we learn that what we believe turns out to not be the case. And by the way, I am all for the family rancher and have lived for many years with many more predators than we have here. I am all for sincere, constructive talk with folks.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 20, 2010
The wolf died off for a reason...extinction for a reason, the coyote didnt die off, because the coyote can eat grass and live.
When the buffalo were here no more, the wolf followed, could it of been because of there food chain was deplenished...
Dont you think if the hybred wolf of today had a good food source it would make it, but its only a matter of time they all will die off, because there isnt enough for the pup hybreds to make it.
Go for a drive in NM AZ wolf country and see how much wildlife you see that will feed a pup wolf.

It was not a hand fed animal in a pen then released in the wild.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reserve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News November candidates to 'interview' in Las Cruces (Aug '16) Aug '16 Irene 3
News Bulls bring top riders to Wild, Wild West Pro R... (Jun '15) Jun '15 I love the southwest 1
News NM, Arizona senators on wildfire tour (Jun '14) Jun '14 Mary 1
News 1,200 firefighters battle record New Mexico blaze (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 6
News Smoke shifts directions from Gila fire (May '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
News Only two utilize Red Cross services (Jun '11) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 5
News Record-Setting N.M. Fire Expected to Burn for W... (Jun '12) Jun '12 non-resident trapper 2

Reserve Jobs

Personal Finance

Reserve Mortgages