Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203482 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>People are free to believe their group is Christian based or not. Jim Jones also claimed to be a Christian group.
As do you, but you have demonstrated that you are not.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203483 Jul 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are a lot of good gay rights supporters out there, just not on this forum.
did you forget that you were pretending to be one too?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203484 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be missing the point. A "good Christian" are like the so called religious people that Jesus despised.
Just imagine a painting of Jesus on black felt kneeling at the rock with the glow around his head like so many like to paint him with a bubble caption over his head.

"I despise Christians"

Got it!
asd

Hawthorne, CA

#203485 Jul 18, 2013
Don't think there would be such an uproar if the infected would just remain among themselves and their counterparts that also choose to be infected. If a guy chooses to bend over and play in sht or chooses to lean over and suck some guy's dk; that should be between them. The problem is that they seem to want everybody else to choose to be infected too. Even worse, they seem to want everyone to pretend that playing in sht n males sucking dk is "normal" when we know that its not. It could be a good thing if they would all gather among themselves and establish their own. Then the rest of the world, and children, could be relatively safe from infection sht and this particular deviancy. My understanding is that they simply cannot help themselves; that they face a mandatory compulsion to play in sht, suck dk and molest children. And ok, if that's their thing that's their thing. But at least be honest about it. If you on dk then be on dk. If some woman chooses to suck psy and the partner is willing then eat it up. People should only "really" object when their mandatory compulsion and sht-based deviancy is directed to children; and that seems to be what they want, freedom to infect children in some mad hope that the more they infect the more "normal" they themselves will feel.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203487 Jul 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to consider myself a good Christian. I believe in Christ. I REALLY like a lot of what He had to say about helping the poor and disenfranchised. It's very hard for me not to judge others; especially those who are just nasty and obstinately ignorant...
Or Vietnamese killers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203488 Jul 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
did you forget that you were pretending to be one too?
Ad hominem. Did you forget you were pretending to be a good person?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#203489 Jul 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
As do you, but you have demonstrated that you are not.
Yes Mr Atheist Judge. LOL But I bet if I had more positive views on the gay lifestyle or if I was gay, then I would be a good Christian in your atheist world?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203490 Jul 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We have one!( so far )
I agree, I donít have a problem with believers that DONT try and force their interpretation of it on everyone else. That donít try to get into our childrenís lives without our consent.
Honestly I defend your rights to your religion, just as I defend the right of other religions to their religions. Or folks with no religion to their choice not to.
You and I donít have a problem.
So you take back every bad thing you said about Christians if they're gay. Priceless.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203491 Jul 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage isn't defined SOLELY as a bond between man and woman. In 13 states and in 16 countries around the globe, marriage is also defined as a LEGAL bond between same-gender couples.
I know it kills you each time somebody points that out to you.
Oh... By the way... I never did get an answer as to why you were forced to change your name.
Would you care to elaborate?
I am referring to the realistic definition of marriage, you are referring to the legal definition of marriage. It doesn't kill me to note the difference.
I was banned because I made an honest observation about the Trayvon Martin case, and the state of the nation, in general. I made a "Politically Incorrect" statement. This means that the statement that I made was not couched in "negro friendly and sympathetic" terms, but in realistic terms. It is a sad fact that in America today, even our freedom of speech is no longer guaranteed. In spite of the Constitution. Even the use of the word "Negro" is now considered to be a racist term. We are expected to use hyphenated words that qualify the "American-ness" of citizens this nation, words that pay homage to the injustice of their very presence in this country, and seem to set them above the rest of us. Is that elaborate enough?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203492 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But yet he never lies or makes up stuff....LOL
He refers to the bible as "your book" as if you wrote it or something.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203493 Jul 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm not being clear... What particular comment got you banned?
I know who you are.
I don't know if it will allow me to post it, but I will try.
I posted that if it were an "African-American" (not the term that I used) on "Caucasian-American" (Also, not the term that I used) crime, we'd not have heard about it. I also pointed out that the media now covers up the race of "African-American" criminals, when reporting on crimes, in order to reduce racial tension. This got me banned.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203494 Jul 18, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Rocky, you are on a roll!!!
Succinct and piercing!
Thank you, sir.
:-D
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203495 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Mr Atheist Judge. LOL But I bet if I had more positive views on the gay lifestyle or if I was gay, then I would be a good Christian in your atheist world?
I donít claim to believe in any book that tells me not to :)

This is the world, not your fantasy land, there are believers in literally tens of thousands of religions in this world, thousands and thousands of gods and families of gods in this world.

I donít have a personal world, I live in the real one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203496 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Mr Atheist Judge. LOL But I bet if I had more positive views on the gay lifestyle or if I was gay, then I would be a good Christian in your atheist world?
Although Big D intensely dislikes Christians he somehow feels he can judge Christians. What I get from his schtick so far is the only good Christian is a gay Christian.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203497 Jul 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simply stupid to continue to make claims that have no basis in legal fact.
I'll bet you just bark at the moon when you see more and more states and countries pass marriage equality laws.
The TOP queen gave her official approval for same-sex marriage in the U.K. yesterday.
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
Claims that have no basis in legal fact are still relevant, when he is posting reality. Legality cannot overcome rational reality. Example: Do you consider the illegals that received green cards through "Operation Amnesty" to be valid, bona-fide Americans?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203498 Jul 18, 2013
sarahomo wrote:
<quoted text>LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
The Queen is bowing to political pressur. Her hold on the throne is tenuous. There is sentiment that having a monarchy in England is archaic, and needs to be done away with. This is an appeasement move. Now, that she has caved in, I expect the move to eradicate the monarchy will progress. The concept is: " Make the power capitulate, then make the power disappear.".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#203499 Jul 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
You got it. The only good Christian is a gay Christian to the tolerant and diverse Big D.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203500 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what's stupid is continuing to reference things that don't really exist. Like "half a marriage". That's what's really stupid.
One can only assume that you find your "arguments" from the same fundie store as the village idiot, Brian_G. You sound more and more like him everyday. And by like him, I mean, idiotic and desperate.
Stating reality is never out of vogue. Sorry if it annoys you. You should go to a gay bar, if you want to hear only "pro-SSM" comments.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203501 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A fundie c*nt being agitative.
You're a biotch-boi, acting childish...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203502 Jul 18, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A fundie c*nt being agitative.
Because that's what you do. Act like a child. And a c*nt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rescue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uw QB commit Jake Browning on TV Sat Paul 1
Assisted Living Homes for Elderly (Feb '13) Dec 19 Ted Smith 3
No Love for OR Trojans Baseball Dec 15 Brady Rodriguez 1
Review: Brookside Dental - Phuong-Lien Ngo DDS (Oct '10) Dec 9 Satisfied 3
Placerville police arrest man for child molesta... Dec 7 Hater 4
Review: Automotive Excellence Auto (May '09) Dec 6 Realistic 7
Friends, family say Folsom boy was bullied Dec 5 Gord Orboard 1
Rescue Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web