Tears and Questions

Tears and Questions

There are 2 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Tears and Questions. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A dispatcher tried to warn the engineer of a Metrolink commuter train that he was about to collide with a freight train but the call came too late, rail officials investigating the crash that killed 25 people ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Long Beach Native

Boise, ID

#1 Sep 15, 2008
This is a horrible accident . I know the area well where this accident took place. I have worked in Tour and Charter buses for over 25 years . I do not under stand why a rail opeartor would be text messaging while driveing a train in a known area for incurissions. There is only one track that could be bulit do to the mountians . This is a major train route between San Digeo Ca ,through Washington State. Trains have operated through here for years on this route with out a accident like this ever happening . This accident was 100 percent aviodable I do know my spelling is horrible I am desylic
hahafunny

Anaheim, CA

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Soooo sad!!!!! God bless the families and victims of this tragic accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rescue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Ex-St. Francis softball coach had sex w... Jun 11 Sacremento Teen C... 2
News Marcos Breton: Obama critic in Placerville offe... (Jul '08) May 30 WellArmed 24
Barking dog Cameron Park (Jul '08) May 28 had enough 9
Review: Duane Lyons Group (Mar '11) May '16 Unpaid 4
Review: Brookside Dental - Phuong-Lien Ngo DDS (Oct '10) May '16 Jerry Kramer 4
News Rescue group takes in mutilated pup injured by ... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News Kit Carson Mountain Men step back into Californ... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rescue Mortgages