Oroville man charged with false claim...

Oroville man charged with false claims of military medals

There are 8 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Oroville man charged with false claims of military medals. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

An Oroville man claiming to have earned prestigious U.S. military medals during the Vietnam war has been charged by the U. S. Attorney for making false claims to those medals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

marie

Redding, CA

#1 Feb 28, 2008
How really pathetic. I guess this poor slob felt so insignificant he needed to try to inflate his limp ego by claiming military awards he didn't earn. Now he's doubly exposed--he's not only not a military hero, he's a liar as well. Maybe we'll see him soon, holding a cardboard sign down at the freeway exit claiming to be a homeless vet needing a buck.
Col Al Matheson_Nail 213

Cedar City, UT

#2 Feb 28, 2008
This is a dispicable and denegrating facade that goes against all principles of honesty and decency. Too many good men paid a heavy price so this clown could sit at home and the reap where he had never sown... what an ego he must be carrying.... ooooor is it guilt from cowardice?
I commend the DA, and encourage him to throw the book at this criminal..., and then advertise the consequences so someone else may be disuaded from such falsity!
Dude Lofgrin

Friendship, TN

#3 Feb 29, 2008
So what are you going to do? Go around to all the taverns and start busting veterans who have a few too many, and embellish their war stories? This is absurd, and a waste of taxpayers money. What a stupid law!
James Weisbrod

AOL

#4 Feb 29, 2008
As a Viet Nam veteran, I am always offended by those who did not participate, but claim they did. they detract from the honor due to the 58,000 who never came home.
Jake11b

Warrensburg, MO

#5 Mar 3, 2008
Well "Dude", obviously you are NOT a Veteran. These types of low-lifes give deserving Veterans a bad reputation and diminish the integrity of the Brotherhood! I hope [they] throw is keester in jail to let him think about it!
Dude Lofgrin

Maury City, TN

#6 Mar 4, 2008
Jake, with all due respect, how can some clown making up stories, take away the glory that veterans earned? You earned it, he didn't. A dog turd in a rose garden is always a dog turd, but that does not take away the beauty of the roses.
Red Robin

United States

#7 Mar 4, 2008
I might be missing something here, but I don't understand how anyone can steal another person's valor or honor by lying about their war experiences. the an who lied exposed himself as a man without honor, but that didn't change my image of men and women who honorably served their country.
Another Vet

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Dec 31, 2009
Red Robin wrote:
I might be missing something here, but I don't understand how anyone can steal another person's valor or honor by lying about their war experiences. the an who lied exposed himself as a man without honor, but that didn't change my image of men and women who honorably served their country.
Ok, it is not just the theft of a Valor, it is the recognition and acceptance of a true warrior who did engage in combat and received recognition of their sacrifices...there is also monetary, medical and ther previleges bestoed on those who are truely worthy of this honor.

I guess the theft of government services, money, and the freedoms we have to type BS such as yours that is being stolen...this guy should be put away, unfortunately its only a misdemeanor unless he received benefits in which his is not entitled to and stole by forging documents....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rescue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody know Leilani Herr. 12 hr Dave 1
Urgent Carr Clinics Thu Ronnie 1
News Marcos Breton: Obama critic in Placerville offe... (Jul '08) Jan 8 Hangtown Posse 26
News Foothills Day Care Operator Facing Child Molest... (Nov '07) Jan 8 Blessed mom 58
News Music rolls on at Folsom Prison 50 years after ... Jan 6 Time Flies 1
Art & Wine & Something More - January 20th in P... Dec 30 howefortunate 1
Review: BOWENS CUSTOM CABINETS (Jan '16) Dec 27 Home owner 6

Rescue Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rescue Mortgages