No reason to Remove Rails for Trails - Opinion

Mar 12, 2013 Read more: In El Dorado County

There is no reason why a recreational, excursion rail line and a pedestrian trail cannot coexist and thereby enable the subject land to achieve its highest and best public use.

Read more
Sharon

Shingle Springs, CA

#1 Mar 12, 2013
I live by the Shingle Springs Depot, and enjoy watching all types of people enjoy the tracks/trail. I love the train and the folks who are keeping our train history alive. As a little girl, I lived on South Shingle road. Every morning I would run out to the clearing and wave to the Engineer and Caboose man, and they would wave and toot the horn. If you haven't ridden the train, do! The ride is fun and filled with stories, and the landscape is seen from a fresh view. It makes a good family activity, bum pity-bump, the world slows down a little and your children hear a little Gold Country history, enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rescue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gloria Wilson Russell-R.I.P. (Aug '08) Apr 8 Lil Bro 5
Movers for Moms Heads to Folsom Apr 6 sacramentotmt 1
Special child ticket pricing for Varekai from C... Mar 29 buckinghamnicks 1
News Folsom High Student's Body Found Hanging From Tree (Mar '07) Mar 25 JavaGal 23
Women helping women Mar '15 Smarter than you 2
News Upper Placerville Flooded with Pedestrian traff... (Sep '13) Mar '15 Sensible 3
News Artist Thomas Kinkade died suddenly of natural ... (Apr '12) Mar '15 Hypno Doc 24
More from around the web

Rescue People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]