No reason to Remove Rails for Trails ...

No reason to Remove Rails for Trails - Opinion

There are 1 comment on the In El Dorado County story from Mar 12, 2013, titled No reason to Remove Rails for Trails - Opinion. In it, In El Dorado County reports that:

There is no reason why a recreational, excursion rail line and a pedestrian trail cannot coexist and thereby enable the subject land to achieve its highest and best public use.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at In El Dorado County.

Sharon

Shingle Springs, CA

#1 Mar 12, 2013
I live by the Shingle Springs Depot, and enjoy watching all types of people enjoy the tracks/trail. I love the train and the folks who are keeping our train history alive. As a little girl, I lived on South Shingle road. Every morning I would run out to the clearing and wave to the Engineer and Caboose man, and they would wave and toot the horn. If you haven't ridden the train, do! The ride is fun and filled with stories, and the landscape is seen from a fresh view. It makes a good family activity, bum pity-bump, the world slows down a little and your children hear a little Gold Country history, enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rescue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Dorado County Sheriff's Bad Arrest? (Jun '08) Wed theDAtakesbribes 39
News Gold Country picnic inspiration from Rustic For... Sep 29 Charley 1
News What you need to know for Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017 Sep 26 Charley 1
What Is El Dorado Hills About? (Mar '08) Sep '17 Uncle Tom 27
News 11 people arrested in Roseville sex trafficking... Aug '17 Grossed out 1
News At EID: Water rate hikes OK'd (Jan '17) Jun '17 Bob 3
News CHP rescues dirt bike rider who fell down ravin... Jun '17 Charle Savnik 1

Rescue Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance