Live Oak stabbing is second in two days

Live Oak stabbing is second in two days

There are 246 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Live Oak stabbing is second in two days. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The Martin Fire, which broke out about 2:50 p.m. in the 1200 block of Martin Road off of Ice Cream Grade and Pine Flat Road, has grown to 300 acres and is expected to grow to 1,500 acres, Cal Fire officials ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“Figure it out...”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, California

#258 Jun 18, 2008
vacation wrote:
One year ago when Tommy Paz was stabbed to death by mid town members and his 8th grade brother stabbed in the back of the head and the judge would not hold him over for murder is opened the door for more and more of the same. We as a community have to make the judges (through our voice and vote) be accountable for the decisions they are making. Live Oak is now one of the most dangerous places to be after dark. Our new motto may have to be "come on Vacation leave in a casket"
Yeah, pretty disgusting. Tommy Paz was visiting one of my best friend's next door neighbor for his HS graduation. Why didn't the judge hold that scum accountable? I never saw the full ruling. The kid that did that was known in the Pleasure Point area, I've heard he was dealing and pretty much up to no good in general. I hope he rots in a cell for a LONG time...

Fredericton, Canada

#259 Jun 18, 2008
for PAT's Prattle
RE: Reconquista is most definitely real, whether you think so or not:
You probably shouldn't try to tell these black Americans they're "just imagining reconquista."

pAT PAT PAT. AGAIN you read into what you want and jump t your own conclusions based on your biases!

My point was that YOU labled me a reconquista without EVEN knowing where i stood on these issues. My posts were about the impacts of euro invasion on calif lands and my issue with people pointing fingers when thier OWN ancestors did the same. MY dialog regards my insights on some of the socio-political-cultural reasons the situation is what it is based on cultural and historical FACTS. NEVER HAVE I SUPPORTED illegal immigration ALTHOUGH I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE SOME FEEL IT IS JUSTIFIED. There is a big difference between understanding something and accepting it.
For example, i can understand why people believe producing more children will give them more political power. Do i agree that there are severe community as well as GLOBAL impacts of populating beyond sustainable resources? YES i do agree with you there.
So since you have made a decsion to not contribute to our population, i will forgive you for some of your predjudiced comments against me.
predjudice: to make assumptions based on personal biases
family plan

Fredericton, Canada

#260 Jun 18, 2008
5th Generation SC Native wrote:
Bling, bling BANG!!! How Gay it all is now! I
am now hating the town that i grew up in as well as all the way back to my great great grandparents did! Its changed to much and i feel is irreversible! Crowded with plastic, yuppy, rich Valley Tranis and VATO punks. I watched the Gang life spread from Salinas to Watsonville in the 80's and now all over the County. The rap music, the cars, the clothing, and the lingo. My own little kids think its cool to walk around with your pants sagging and boxers hanging out and your baseball cap bill flat as a board. Chanting rap rhymes they've heard from kids at school and pointing out the stupid wheels that keep spinning when your car isn't and saying how bling bling it all is. I remember heckling all that crap when we saw it come from over the hill from the 'Valley'. you could always tell the valleys! The girls all thought they were lame too. Now you can't even spot 'em anymore 'cause they've BOUGHT santa cruz with all there dot com crap and brought there stupid ways with them. Trying to call santa cruz's beach's Silicon Beach. You will never be local in our eyes! Transplants!
Screw MTV, Video Games, DOT COM, Gang Bangers, Low Riders, Rice Burner Cars, Valleys and there offspring and all the other un-local crap!
The Mexicans are good people. Its just 'some' of there off spring that have to be locked up! Like some of the other races including white. Those apartments on 17th that you can get to from 14th are a possibility to problem youths the san carlos apts. by the Drive In.
Santa Cruz ain't what it used to be!
even this stupid website has been bought by the "San Jose" Mercury news!
...and no i don't live in hayward like this stupid website says. THE SAN JOSE SENTINAL
Know what 5th? in a wierd deranged kinda way..i agree with you. I too saw it comin back in the 80's. I tried to warn folks but as long as it did not affect their tidy little neighborhoods....who cared?
from Scotts valley to Santa cruz beach communities I also despaired over the yuppie invasion with their over indulged brats. As a pre school teacher i had more difficulties with those offspring and their parents attitude of "dont you dare discipline my child" than i ever did with the hispanic families. Since i no longer live in SC, i cannot comment on what it is like now.

But back when i did live there, i saw how Without a care They tossed their garbage on our beaches, yards, parks, replacing our fields, hillsides, mom&pop stores with strip malls and mega retail chains not to mention all the tekkie complexes bringing with it their traffic nightmares and all their other gifts of (progress??) i hated the fact that i could no longer pay rent on my meager salary without a second, then third job. why? because they were buying up the property and upping the rents. Finally i had to swallow my pride and get housing assitance so my family would not be homeless. I hated the drug crimes and gangs coming in. I hated that all the values i had worked so hard to instill in my kids were being challenged by parents who just did not give a damn as long as they had their mega paychecks and company business trips, leaving their kids in the care of nannies and day care centers. That was on one side. The other side were the druggie parents, the ones who thought their kids had a right to do what ever the hell they wanted with NO supervision or guidance. The ones whose kids i fed and gave shelter to while they were out getting drunk, drugged and making more children to be neglected. I was caught in the middle like so many.

So we got the H*** outta dodge. That was 10 years ago.

Alameda, CA

#261 Oct 15, 2014
Barrios Unidos -- They collect money and that is about it. They are a front for the gangs to do their nasty work. Some members sell drugs, some rape. and some molest children. That is Barrios Unidos.

Watsonville, CA

#262 Oct 17, 2014
I'm Mexican, to H-E double hockey sticks with you guys. There is stabbings and shootings all around the 831; the area code that unites the county. But yet you ignorantly whine about 2 stabbings. So let's play the blame game. I guess we're lucky though, haven't had another white folk go nuts...(statistics)

Hayward, CA

#264 Oct 28, 2014
live oak is where the head of barrios unidos lives, right there on 17th ave, same side, same block as Staples. Where is all the grant and city, and government monies going in this group, for they sure are doing close to nothing except acting like they care. And where is the American Indian Movement to tell them to stop using the sweat lodge, as they are not trained nor are they Native Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rescue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hangtown, CA (Mar '09) Nov 1 Arnold Ziffle 17
Michael Fisher Oct '15 Sux2bMe 1
ted mcosker Oct '15 tmc 5
Placerville Faussel House Oct '15 Chuck Armstrong 1
Love & Relationships (Apr '15) Oct '15 Westside 6
The Mountain Democrat (Feb '08) Oct '15 Tomcon 142
News Sacramento novelist Anna-Marie McLemore discuss... Oct '15 GrowNees 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rescue Mortgages