First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pearl

Okanogan, WA

#21 Jul 28, 2008
Whoa - Whoa WHoa there larry - I did not say that its the communties responsiblity to entertain kids - and yes there are wonderful things to do here - thats why I live here - its a beautiful place - i grew up here myself - i've been fishing since i was five and my kids to -
i understand bruces irritation with those who act rudely - i was just questioning his tactics.-
I don't think those on motorcycles should be disrespectful -
I am not saying that their behavior should be ignored.
What I am saying is for those who are responsible shouldn't be lumped together with the others - and that attacking all parents of kids in town, saying that they should be better parents isn't so nice and no one knows what kind of a parent a person is unless they live in their home -

As for the kids who got in trouble with the Golf Cart thing - perhaps, once again - if the community had more activities to offer - i am not taking the responsibility off of the parents - yes we should know where are kids are and yes we should do our best to keep them busy -

thanks bruce for pointing out the people that can address these issues - i will certainly look into it -

stop blaming your kids behavior on your surroundings..perhaps they are just putting to task everything you taught them...put down the beer can, the cigarettes, turn off the tv, computer, Xbox and go for a walk with your kids!
1. i am not blaming any kids behavior on the surrounding -
2. don't judge who you don't know - i am sure your not perfect
3. my kids didn't have video games until he was 16 - or a computer for that fact
4. my kid doesn't even own a motorcycle - but would if i could afford it
5. my kids have been hunting fishing hiking camping here since they were little -
my kids go to YD -
this doesn't make me any expert on being a parent and it doesn't mean my kids won't make mistakes -
Bruce McAuley

Omak, WA

#22 Jul 28, 2008
Thank you Pearl for bringing this up and your views and I can only talk from my own experience in the last 6 years here in town. I would rather see a kid computer literate than dirt bike experienced, I figure he's going to use it more.
My tactics are only a response to how we've been pushed and "egged on", so if the kids stay away from me I stay away from them. If they use mufflers and ride quietly to get out of town they get no guff from me.
Respect they have to earn, on the other hand.
Good luck.
Bruce McAuley

Omak, WA

#23 Sep 18, 2008
I AM SORRY TO INFORM ALL OF YOU THAT BRUCE PASSED AWAY THIS MOURNING, SERVICES WILL BE AT THE WAUCONDA HALL SATURDAY THE 27TH AT 1 P.M.
THANK-YOU
Bruce McAuley

Omak, WA

#24 Sep 20, 2008
Bruce McAuley Died on Sept, 18 2008. His last words were "Isn't life Great!" then he fell over dead. He was buried in the Wauconda Cemetary on Sept, 19th 2008. He will be very much missed by most of the folks he ever met. A memorial gathering will be held at the Wauconda Community Hall on Sat. Sept,27th at 1:00 pm. All are welcome.
Pearl

Okanogan, WA

#25 Nov 13, 2008
Rest in Peace Bruce
your worked hard for what you believed in
mike wacker

United States

#26 May 30, 2010
RIP Bruce McAuley - A true American Original and a dear friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$5000 Reward (Jul '12) Dec 30 STARHEART 8
Nearly empty gold E. Wash. mine to close in 2015 Dec '14 Tlh 1
Iso Tyler - late Horsewoman's grandson. son of ... Oct '14 LGBTsupporter 1
Autumn Hendershot (Dec '08) Aug '14 Bonnie 3
stolen tablet (Jun '14) Jun '14 tanja 1
Pot growers face charges -- in state where pot ... (May '14) May '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Kettle Falls Five marijuana case pits federal l... (Apr '14) Apr '14 yup 1
Republic Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Republic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:51 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:51AM
Will Russell Wilson do Dancing With The Stars if Seahawks win?
NBC Sports11:01 AM
Rob Gronkowski on Jeremy Lane saying he's not that good: "It may" tick me off
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
NFL11:52 AM
Gronkowski, Darrelle Revis won't take Seahawks' bait
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Vince Wilfork: Marshawn Lynch "hands down" the best running back in football