Spokane, WA

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Nana in Malo

Camden, SC

#2 Jul 20, 2009
Sorry you may have heard about deer population being high but they are not really out there look by the hwy. A few seem to get hit each year by very fast trucks or cars, I live high up in the forest and come deer season they just disapear some were! You need to get your lic. I have lived here in the Malo area for over 18 years and there is not a lot of deer in the area is this good? I don't know. But I would think I would see more deer then most! they don't seem to come around a lot like they use to. Last winter was pretty hard on the deer I think it was colder and we got a lot of snow I don't think this year is going to be very good. I don't hunt so who am I to say, Good luck Nana

Winchester, KY

#3 Aug 2, 2009
there are plenty of deer in this area only problem is finding a place to hunt if you bow hunt green river is a good place open to public in adair county most of boyle county is leased by doctors, lawyers, indian cheifs marion is good if you can find someone who will let you hunt, good luck.
p.s. i have a boone and crockett buck that came out of boyle co

Sun Valley, CA

#4 Aug 31, 2009
Jeff haha you have the wrong state. Republic is in Ferry COunty, Surronded my okanogan, Stevens, and Pend Oreille. I do hunt so let me tell you. The deer population has been dwindilling over the last 30 years slowly but steady. There are still a large quantity of deer in the area but during the fall rifle season we see about a triple in population in ferry county by hunters from outside the area mostly from the west side of the state..We call them coasties..its kinda a local joke about the coasties because in the past they have shot cattle, horses, cars, doors, houses, dogs, really almost anything assuming its an..Elk,Deer,Bear, Moose, or whatever else they are actually trying to shoot but enough about the rant ahah. The secret to good deer hunting is drive up a national forest road and find a game trail not to be mistaken with a cattle trail. although sometimes both will use same trail. and set up and ambush the deer. during moving times..evening/morning/ mid afternoon is hot so they tend to bed down in draws with a creek at the bottom. Hope this helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'It just seems strange' (Sep '06) Jun '16 guest 10
Seeking Sailing Buddy / Lessons Apr '16 CaverCop 1
Relocating to Republic Washington (Nov '07) Mar '16 Echobabe 26
News Comments { 0 } (Apr '15) Feb '16 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 2
Debate: Nuclear Power - Oroville, WA (May '11) Dec '15 Crystal 13
News Deer take Republic residents under siege (Jul '09) Aug '15 William B 15
News Nearly empty gold E. Wash. mine to close in 2015 (Dec '14) Dec '14 Tlh 1

Republic Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance